Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
I've never seen any of the Purge movies. Are any worth a watch?
The first was a home invasion type movie, and the second and third were more thriller/slasher movies. If I remember correctly. Lol... I didn't watch The First Purge.
This last one was a turd.
I liked the first three. I don't want to say you will, but if you like the first one, you should enjoy the first three. I hope.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
Everything, Everywhere, All at Once.

Just finished watching it. I'm struggling to think of the last movie I saw that was better than it. I don't think it will be for everyone, but its one of those you have to watch once to say you've seen it.

I've genuinely never seen anything like it.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Everything, Everywhere, All at Once.

Just finished watching it. I'm struggling to think of the last movie I saw that was better than it. I don't think it will be for everyone, but its one of those you have to watch once to say you've seen it.

I've genuinely never seen anything like it.
Ah! I remember seeing the trailer for that a while back, and thinking I must watch it when it comes out. Thanks for the reminder!

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
Ah! I remember seeing the trailer for that a while back, and thinking I must watch it when it comes out. Thanks for the reminder!
The movie has everything in it, Humour, Action, Deep, Moving, Imaginative, its fast paced (other than the first 10 minutes or so). Its well acted, and like nothing you've ever seen.

That said, I've a feeling some people just won't get it, it'll be a bit like Marmite, you'll love it or you'll hate it.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ooohhhh I found an undercover 8'r!

I am David.

Didn't know anything about it.
Requires a little patience, I'd go into it blind like I did.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Jurassic World: Dominion

7.5/10

Decent action/ suspenseful film. The second half of the movie was really enjoyable especially after kinda a slow start with not enough Dinosaurs.
My kids really liked it.

Last edited:

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

If you enjoy Marvel movies in general, you will enjoy this one. I thought it was better than the first Doctor Strange movie. I'd say it's tied with Spiderman No Way Home for best phase 4 Marvel movie so far.

8.5 / 10

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Watched Top Gun: Maverick over the weekend.

7.5 / 10

Solid movie. Great action scenes. Probably not as "rewatchable" as the 1st one - not as many quotable scenes. But worth a watch.

ManDingo

Your Mother’s Lover
Dec 10, 2021
Watched Top Gun: Maverick over the weekend.

7.5 / 10

Solid movie. Great action scenes. Probably not as "rewatchable" as the 1st one - not as many quotable scenes. But worth a watch.
It was ok
Could have been worse could have been better

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I’m watching the cinematic classic Lionheart. Truly JCVD’s best work.
I’ve never seen denim kick so much ass.
Solid 9.46/10.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
I’m watching the cinematic classic Lionheart. Truly JCVD’s best work.
I’ve never seen denim kick so much ass.
Solid 9.46/10.
I had to double check, for some reason that was released in the UK as "A.W.O.L: Absent Without Leave".

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I had to double check, for some reason that was released in the UK as "A.W.O.L: Absent Without Leave".
It’s a solid flick that’s held up.
It’s like a live action Street Fighter 2 video game. Different fighters and styles in different places.
His manager is hilarious and that blond broad could get it.
It’s funny how his sister in law is so cold until she starts getting those checks. Fuckin’ goldbricker.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The Firm (1993)

Tom Cruise
Gene Hackman
Jeanne Tripplehoen looking hot as anything Wilford Brimley
Ed Harris being cool until he got mad
Holly Hunter being a sex-starved fuck bunny
Gary Busey being Gary Busey

Decent movie. Long as fuck (2-1/2 hours)

7.2/10

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
black-phone-560x880-61bd1bfecad30-1.jpg

Decent horror Flicky.
Always enjoyed Ethan Hawke as a actor but had no clue he was in the film till a quarter thru. Excellent performance especially from the child actors. Plot isn't too complicated but still has enough twists to keep you engaged. I enjoyed it.

8.5/10

ManDingo

Your Mother’s Lover
Dec 10, 2021
View attachment 74244

Decent horror Flicky.
Always enjoyed Ethan Hawke as a actor but had no clue he was in the film till a quarter thru. Excellent performance especially from the child actors. Plot isn't too complicated but still has enough twists to keep you engaged. I enjoyed it.

8.5/10
Are there any agendas being pushed in movie?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
American Sicario. Fucking terrible. Huge disappointment after the first two being so awesome.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Wife was watching something called The Forever Purge. It was set in a not-too-distant future America where every year there is a 12 hour holiday with complete anarchy. Everything is legal. Including murder.

It was set in Texas I think, and there was a lot of "us vs them" shit with the Mexican-Americans.

I only watched 10 minutes. It looked about as dumb as a movie can get.