General RIP Comunity Chit Chat

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I still wish I could undo it but thankfully I have a kindle now and can download anything for free.

Still reading my way through the Horus Heresy from Warhammer 40k universe, there's over 50 books in this series written by various authors
I haven't got around to Warhammer yet. Considering you know my book taste now, would I like it?

Talking of my grandpa considering how posh he was I found a lot of Herbert and King in his books after he passed away. I was really impressed that his horizons were that vast.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I haven't got around to Warhammer yet. Considering you know my book taste now, would I like it?

Talking of my grandpa considering how posh he was I found a lot of Herbert and King in his books after he passed away. I was really impressed that his horizons were that vast.
the problem is the novels aren't well written, it's just that I love the universe and wanted to read more about it. The Horus Heresy is basically a prequel of a story we already know the ending to (as well as many other details) but this is the first time they are actually telling the stories that shaped the universe into what it is now. I would consider it light reading really, I'm already on book 34 I think.

James Herbert was alright, he wrote some very memorable sick shit like The Dark, but Stephen King writes epics comparatively speaking.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
the problem is the novels aren't well written, it's just that I love the universe and wanted to read more about it. The Horus Heresy is basically a prequel of a story we already know the ending to (as well as many other details) but this is the first time they are actually telling the stories that shaped the universe into what it is now. I would consider it light reading really, I'm already on book 34 I think.

James Herbert was alright, he wrote some very memorable sick shit like The Dark, but Stephen King writes epics comparatively speaking.
I, after reading The Cell, thought that he wrote like a child, he was so lazy during that book.

My favourite of his was The Dead Zone. It was like I was in it. This is how I am with a good book. Everything else goes away. I curl up with a pint of milk on the table and just immerse.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

Stephen King is a master. His early work was equal to anyone.

Sebastian Faulkes wrote my favourite book.

Aravind Adiga is my current favourite.

I just gave away two crates of my books to marie curie because of my move. Hundreds of them.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Stephen King is a master. His early work was equal to anyone.

Sebastian Faulkes wrote my favourite book.

Aravind Adiga is my current favourite.

I just gave away two crates of my books to marie curie because of my move. Hundreds of them.
He, in a couple of books just played it out.

Not saying he's a bad author obviously but The Cell was almost like he got a stand in writer.

Not sure going back to Marie Curie and rifling through them because some bird from a tigersharkmaulerbwaleruktopteammma site has designs on them will work.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Hate sleeping at silly hours, I've already had some kip but have to get some shut eye before going out to see NFL in a few hours.