General RIP Comunity Chit Chat

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I think I started reading it but never finished, I vaguely remember parts of what I'm reading on wikipedia. I gotta admit it's been over 10 years since I read any Barker, I had a run of reading his books as well as Stephen King's and James Herbert's back when I was still probably a teenager. I've got a bunch of people to read The Great and Secret Show though, that one is very memorable.
Literally ghost fucking. It was epic for a short book.

Not Cabal short read but really really good.

King sat on a panel doing ad lib horror pretty much walked off when Clive started. His imagination is absolutely incredible.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What the fuck are you weirdos even talking about?

Can't you talk about normal stuff? Did I even tell you Jackie Chan is English?

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
What the fuck are you weirdos even talking about?

Can't you talk about normal stuff? Did I even tell you Jackie Chan is English?
Clive Barker is a well known writer of horror novels. He hasn't written that many but he's made his mark.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Let me list the ones I've read to make this less painful :D

• The Damnation Game
  • Weaveworld
  • Cabal
  • The Great and Secret Show
  • Everville
  • Imajica
  • The Thief of Always
  • Galilee
  • Books of Blood 1 & 2
You got through Imajica? That's impressive. Took me forever. It's only the fact I'm a pig headed wanker I got through it.

I've read all of them. I really am a Barker whore. I didn't do his kid books and haven't read everything, but most.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
You got through Imajica? That's impressive. Took me forever. It's only the fact I'm a pig headed wanker I got through it.

I've read all of them. I really am a Barker whore. I didn't do his kid books and haven't read everything, but most.
boredom is a great motivator, I read a lot from 10 to 20 but then I discovered computers and had a 15 year break :D

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
my copy of Imajica had this artwork but not sure if it was hard back or paper back

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
boredom is a great motivator, I read a lot from 10 to 20 but then I discovered computers and had a 15 year break :D
When I said I've read all of them, I meant on your list not everything he's ever written.

I'm full of tattoos but I really would love a Barker one, I've been thinking for like 15 years what to do. Unless I meet him and can work out Quidity I doubt I will. Remember Quidity?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
my copy of Imajica had this artwork but not sure if it was hard back or paper back

Where is it now? Did you lend it to someone? I have a massive self destruct thing...lending people books and stationery.
Get it back!
Like I said Imajica was a hard slog but the juice and squeeze etc.

Cabal was a good first read to get me involved.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
When I said I've read all of them, I meant on your list not everything he's ever written.

I'm full of tattoos but I really would love a Barker one, I've been thinking for like 15 years what to do. Unless I meet him and can work out Quidity I doubt I will. Remember Quidity?
of course, Quiddity (it has 2 D's) and that little creep with the erection Kissoon!

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Where is it now? Did you lend it to someone? I have a massive self destruct thing...lending people books and stationery.
Get it back!
Like I said Imajica was a hard slog but the juice and squeeze etc.

Cabal was a good first read to get me involved.
I had a breakdown about how I'd wasted my life and filled a wheel barrow with my books and dumped em all in the skip :( I was probably 19 at the time though I think my copy of The Great and Secret Show is on a shelf at my brothers.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I had a breakdown about how I'd wasted my life and filled a wheel barrow with my books and dumped em all in the skip :( I was probably 19 at the time though I think my copy of The Great and Secret Show is on a shelf at my brothers.
Oh, matey :(

I've given my mother in law a bunch of easy read books that I buy at an airport sort of stuff with no emotional attachment but I have, when I say thousands I mean thousands of books in storage.
my grandpa always bought me a WH Smiths voucher for my birthday. It wasn't down to lack of imagination, it was down to him loving how much of a book worm I was.