Sci/Tech RIP Sir Stephen Hawking

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Agreed.

Apart from Rocket Man, I couldn't give two flyings about Elton John. Apart from one album I don't really give a toss about The Beatles either.
But the insinuation was that all Sir's are child mollesters. Not whether you like the chaps.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Be Dutch, FFS. I'm not very good at being American so I don't try and you're not very good at being British. Lol.
I can't help it. I adore this British shit. I don't take the elevator, I take a lift. But if you insist, ik kan ook gewoon in Nederlands verder gaan :)

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I can't help it. I adore this British shit. I don't take the elevator, I take a lift. But if you insist, ik kan ook gewoon in Nederlands verder gaan :)
It pissed me off asking (very politely because I am) for anything in Albert Heijn or Gall & Gall and being spoken perfect English back.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It's all pretty close. I understand which words you mean. It's a fucked up language, hard to learn.
It used to make me feel a bit sick trying to pronounce certain words being it was so gutoral. I like it remembering though. I tended to pretty much sing "dank u wel" to everyone.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
It used to make me feel a bit sick trying to pronounce certain words being it was so gutoral. I like it remembering though. I tended to pretty much sing "dank u wel" to everyone.
And there's the difference between dank u wek, and dank je wel, the latter you'd say to friends and equals, the former is mor formal to an elder or superior. So if you got weird looks, there ya go. Damn I miss my home. I may have to do some drinking...