VID Schaub and Nate Diaz get into it backstage

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Schaub's a bit delusional. Did Conor "win" a couple of rounds on the scorecard? Yes. But let's be real. Floyd allowed him to win those rounds, with the game plan he employed. Let Conor throw a bunch of high paced hard shots the first couple of rounds, and gas himself out. So saying "Conor beat the GOAT for 4-5 rounds" is a bit of a stretch. Did Conor represent himself well? Absolutely. He should be proud of his performance. But Floyd dictated how the entire fight played out.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I find Schaub absolutely unbearable.
I want to claw my face off hearing him speak on anything regarding human interaction of any kind.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ohhh he said I have no problem with you and Nate said I have a problem with you sitting here bitching
I love the diaz brothers. But I feel like I cannot hang out with them. I could say anything and I might get my ass kicked accidentally by a misunderstanding.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
LOL

so true

PS who wins in a street fight if it broke out between those 2 on the spot? This is very intriguing to me. Nate is such a mean motherfucker, his mental game is on another level than Schaub's. Obviously he's also the more elite fighter who accomplished more against top level guys. But Schaub did knock Mirko dead, no matter how past this prime he was. And he's a heavyweight... although Nate probably weighs 185 here out of a camp, he is still a lot smaller than Brendan mass wise.

Let's say they scrapped for like 60 seconds right there before it was broken up.. what happens?
Nate would stand a good chance
Schaub wouldn't be able to submit him imo
Nate is way way way better on the feet and Schaub would get lit up

Schaub best chance is to use his mass to take it to the ground and maintain top control until it's broken up
He could throw some while on the ground but nates guard is really fucking good and active, Schaub risks getting subbed or kicked in the face if he postures up at all

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Listen people who think Conor had any control at all during that fight should never comment again lol. Floyd could've finished that at any point he wanted.
From the 4th round on I agree
Think conor could have lasted 3 even if Floyd boxed

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Some of the strongest guys I've ever tied up with were long and lanky motherfuckers like Diaz. Deceptively strong. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all that Diaz would fuck Schaub up in a street fight.
I think its more the long limbs mixed with great balance which makes them so deceptive

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I love the diaz brothers. But I feel like I cannot hang out with them. I could say anything and I might get my ass kicked accidentally by a misunderstanding.
I feel that way about Nate, not Nick.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's probably a good way to put it. A joke or disagreement gets misconstrued and suddenly they're ready to throw down at a moments notice.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
From the 4th round on I agree
Think conor could have lasted 3 even if Floyd boxed
Yes, but he would've looked a lot more inexperienced and the fans would've checked out mentally a lot sooner. Floyd made it look more competitive than it was on paper.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Yes, but he would've looked a lot more inexperienced and the fans would've checked out mentally a lot sooner. Floyd made it look more competitive than it was on paper.
Oh I agree with that completely and gained alot of respect for Floyd for that
He made it a fight for the fans

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
PS who wins in a street fight if it broke out between those 2 on the spot? This is very intriguing to me. Nate is such a mean motherfucker, his mental game is on another level than Schaub's. Obviously he's also the more elite fighter who accomplished more against top level guys. But Schaub did knock Mirko dead, no matter how past this prime he was. And he's a heavyweight... although Nate probably weighs 185 here out of a camp, he is still a lot smaller than Brendan mass wise.

Let's say they scrapped for like 60 seconds right there before it was broken up.. what happens?
Nate wins a street fight 10 out of 10 times. Brenden would be too afraid to get his hair messed up and definitely wouldn't want to get skinny leg pants or gay boots dirty.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Thinking Diaz. Other than the nut huggery I have for the Diaz brothers, feel like Schaub is in no mindset to fight here, and that suit is going to hinder him a great deal. Nate at least has a tee shirt on for comfortability. Not even to mention it looks like Schaub is already mentally shaken/confused at what Nate is doing.

Also size isn't too different, mass wise Schaub, yeah. Another factor that is worth considering is the crowd will most likely hold Nate back, figuring Schaub would be the metaphorically bigger man and walk away. So maybe if he gets one good punch in while a crowd has Nate tied up, could be interesting.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I feel I'd fit in pretty good.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Nate would stand a good chance
Schaub wouldn't be able to submit him imo
Nate is way way way better on the feet and Schaub would get lit up

Schaub best chance is to use his mass to take it to the ground and maintain top control until it's broken up
He could throw some while on the ground but nates guard is really fucking good and active, Schaub risks getting subbed or kicked in the face if he postures up at all
Not to mention the second it goes down schaub gets jumped by diazes homies and fucked up Stockton style

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
My dream scenario is during next Rogan's fight companion, the Diaz team storms the place and fucks everyone up and it is actually recorded for prosperity.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Not to mention the second it goes down schaub gets jumped by diazes homies and fucked up Stockton style
Ya, by maintain top control until broken up, I meant, maintain top control until shilling kicks his head off

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I'll never understand the people that smoke that much weed & are always wanting to throw hands. I've never had that reaction to it