General Senate Judiciary Committee Report on Jan 6th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson said January 6 was ‘interference with the lawful transfer of power using violence’ — the definition of an insurrection — but refrains from using the word

“Some people are going to call it an insurrection. Some people are going to call it terrorism. I call it interference with the lawful transfer of power using violence, and that’s wrong,” Hutchinson said.
in what way did interfering with this ceremony interfere with the lawful transition of power?

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
that's an exceptionally pathetic and spineless cop-out, even for a renowned intellectual pussy like you.
You know your argument is falling apart when you have to resort to name calling. I get it, it’s been a rough day on here for you, we all see it.

The GOP gov made the statement not I, why would you expect me to explain his opinion to you?

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Federal investigators say they used encrypted Signal messages to charge Oath Keepers leader
The complaint references numerous messages sent on Signal, an end-to-end encrypted
messaging app, raising questions about how authorities accessed them and recalling a longstanding point of tension between the law enforcement community and tech industry. Encryption scrambles messages for recipients so that no one else — not even the platform itself — can read them.
Now we can start talking about militia dork turned snitch Ray Epps…

One possibility is that a recipient with access to the messages handed them over to investigators. The complaint references group messages run on the app, so it’s possible a participant in those chats cooperated.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You know your argument is falling apart when you have to resort to name calling. I get it, it’s been a rough day on here for you, we all see it.

The GOP gov made the statement not I, why would you expect me to explain his opinion to you?
you're the one who posted it, and it aligns with the farcical perception of events that the Legacy Media is pushing and you've regurgitated over and over again.

so explain it. Explain how these people are "sedition conspirators" and the organizers of CHAZ are not.

or is this a "I'm just asking questions" dick-tuck?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

Convincing the base. According to a new NPR/Ipsos poll, two-thirds of Republicans believe that “voter fraud helped Biden win the 2020 election”. In a new University of Massachusetts poll, 71% of Republicans said Biden was not legitimately elected president. A third of Trump voters told NPR they believe the conspiracy theory that the 6 January attack was a false-flag operation by “opponents of Donald Trump, including antifa and government agents”.
?

And this is a big, big problem.

And it's not driven by CNN.

It is one hundred percent lies.

But it is the mainstream position in American conservatism now.

Maybe it's not two thirds of Republican voters. But it's very difficult at this point to deny that it's anything other than the mainstream position for a GOP voter and, increasingly, candidate or representative.

When one party out of two quits participating in a democracy and actively turns against the democratic process, what happens next? Nothing good.

??

Last edited:

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
so explain it. Explain how these people are "sedition conspirators" and the organizers of CHAZ are not.
I don't see anyone here making excuses for CHAZ looters and rioters.

Or saying they shouldn't be arrested and incarcerated.

Or identifying them as anything other than criminals.

Or claiming that the warlord was a Proud Boy infiltrator.

Etc etc etc.

??

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

Etc etc etc.

??
point is, they weren't calling them insurrectionists and demanding prosecution at the time.

but now that a bunch of unarmed boomers walked through the Capitol and and disrupted a ceremony, it's an existential threat to democracy

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Are you talking about the Summer of Love Block Party?
Who here is making excuses for looters and rioters, and trying to claim that it was undercover feds and Proud Boys stirring it up?

Also, Chaz is a very different thing than Jan 6. I would have hung out at Chaz and taking a look around during the day, in the early days. Should it have continued as it did and been allowed to be taken over by an unorganised scattering of random thugs opportunists? Absolutely not. But unlike Jan 6, the anti police brutality protests weren't built on lying poison from the ground up. ?

??

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

Etc etc etc.

??
Why would that matter?
You just said a regular person saying something isn’t the same as elected officials.
and they couldn’t make excuses quick enough.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Why would that matter?
You just said a regular person saying something isn’t the same as elected officials.
and they couldn’t make excuses quick enough.
Yep, and I don't see any posters here making any excuses for politicians who make bullshit disingenuous statements of support for criminals. ?

??

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
?

And this is a big, big problem.

And it's not driven by CNN.

It is one hundred percent lies.

But it is the mainstream position in American conservatism now.

Maybe it's not two thirds of Republican voters. But it's very difficult at this point to deny that it's anything other than the mainstream position for a GOP voter and, increasingly, candidate or representative.

When one party out of two quits participating in a democracy and actively turns against the democratic process, what happens next? Nothing good.

??
I'd love to see the poll questions.

From the NPR link:
"Moreover, more than one-fifth of the American public agrees that it is sometimes okay to engage in violence, either to protect American democracy or our culture and values."

So that is obviously being interpreted as "It's OK to storm The Capitol" by NPR. Cool.
But at face value - most people would check YES on this question. If Russians invade California, it's not OK to use violence to stop them?

They are asking arbitrary questions, then representing the responses as definitive so they fit a narrative.

Keep lapping those lies up...

Further in the article:
Regarding The Capitol incident on 1/6: "Only 6% of poll respondents say it was "a reasonable protest"
But according to you - most GOP members are perfectly fine with it.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Who here is making excuses for looters and rioters, and trying to claim that it was undercover feds and Proud Boys stirring it up?

Also, Chaz is a very different thing than Jan 6. I would have hung out at Chaz and taking a look around during the day, in the early days. Should it have continued as it did and been allowed to be taken over by an unorganised scattering of random thugs opportunists? Absolutely not. But unlike Jan 6, the anti police brutality protests weren't built on lying poison from the ground up. ?

??
LOL
Hands up don’t shoot was completely true
Yep, and I don't see any posters here making any excuses for politicians who make bullshit disingenuous statements of support for criminals. ?

??
half this forum voted them president and Vice President

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

??
1642195419930.png

vs

1642195478557.png