So I guess England just bombed Syria?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Dont be stupid, just because they are levelling Syria, killing her civilians and wiping out their infrastructure doesn't mean they are bombing Syria, that would be illegal.

They are bombing "terrorists"...located in Syria.

Yes. We have some overseas English territories like Cold England, which has snow and bagpipes, and Gay England, where they live in valleys and pick flowers. Don't ask me about Potato England.

Regarding the votes last night, the whole thing was dumb. Should we stop ISIS? Yes. Should we airstrike the shit out of Syria to do that? No of course not. Wtf?

Cameron wants to nuke the place, Corbyn wants to bend over and pull his trousers down for them. There is a middle ground.
I know less than nothing about UK politics but this interview suggests Corbyn is a very sobre and intelligent individual who is preaching a sensible approach:

P

Punch

Yeah their parliament approved strikes I think earlier today or yesterday.

I like the fact that they got involved but I think it would be easier and more cost effective and end quicker if the U.S, France, and England just sent in about 15,000 troops each and cordoned them off and annihilated them.

Probably take a couple of weeks and then withdrew. Let Assad deal with the blowback
It would take a lot longer than a couple of weeks, homie.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I know less than nothing about UK politics but this interview suggests Corbyn is a very sobre and intelligent individual who is preaching a sensible approach:
Like a number of politicians, he's a pretty decent public speaker. Don't let that fool you. Labour has a history of attempting to sabotage the Conservative party, rather than promote their own values, and Corbyn thus far hasn't been any different. All he does is criticise and disagree with the Tories, even u-turning on his own policies to spite them, with his own policies being downplayed. And for good reason - his ideas are nuts:

* Wants to unite Ireland, despite Northern Ireland voting to remain part of the UK.
* Wants to hand away over British overseas territories, such as the Falkland Islands and Gibraltar, despite them voting to remain part of the UK.
* Brought in radicals as his shadow cabinet, who want to put health warnings on meat products and want to honour terrorists.
* Wants to decrease the deficit by printing more money.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yes. We have some overseas English territories like Cold England, which has snow and bagpipes, and Gay England, where they live in valleys and pick flowers. Don't ask me about Potato England.

Regarding the votes last night, the whole thing was dumb. Should we stop ISIS? Yes. Should we airstrike the shit out of Syria to do that? No of course not. Wtf?

Cameron wants to nuke the place, Corbyn wants to bend over and pull his trousers down for them. There is a middle ground.
Leigh @Leigh I just wish your Kingdom that is United would stop war mongering all over the world and mind their own business. Thanks.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So we're doing this in support of France?

The same France who shit out of Iraq and sold arms to the Argies?

Cool.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
So we're doing this in support of France?

The same France who shit out of Iraq and sold arms to the Argies?

Cool.
Sort of.

France is part of the UN. We're kinda obligated to support them when they're attacked.
France, quite rightly, vetoed the Iraq invasion. We ignored them and attacked anyway.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Which has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, but thank you!
Nah that was weird its like it picked up an old post from another thread or something, you were making fun of New Zealand which is always a laugh but if you read the second sentence I posted, it was about New Zealand sending men to both World Wars. Donno where the Hamas shit came from

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Sort of.

France is part of the UN. We're kinda obligated to support them when they're attacked.
France, quite rightly, vetoed the Iraq invasion. We ignored them and attacked anyway.
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff, but your post makes sense.

Thanks

P

Punch

Nah that was weird its like it picked up an old post from another thread or something, you were making fun of New Zealand which is always a laugh but if you read the second sentence I posted, it was about New Zealand sending men to both World Wars. Donno where the Hamas shit came from
I wasn't making fun of New Zealand, I was making the point that it won't matter who you send, it won't be over in a couple of weeks.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think my point / question should have been "are we just pretending to do this for France considering they don't give a single fuck for us?"

Not that they should care about us.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff, but your post makes sense.

Thanks
No problem.
I think my point / question should have been "are we just pretending to do this for France considering they don't give a single fuck for us?"

Not that they should care about us.
Put very basically, being part of the UN means you are obligated to help when your friends are attacked. You are not obligated to help them invade other countries.

Plus we're also on the ISIS hit list.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No problem.

Put very basically, being part of the UN means you are obligated to help when your friends are attacked. You are not obligated to help them invade other countries.

Plus we're also on the ISIS hit list.
So as long as we're not invading we kind of have to support them?

Gotcha.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015

That Mr Potato England to you motherfucker.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
So as long as we're not invading we kind of have to support them?

Gotcha.
We don't HAVE to do anything but we could end up losing allies.

Put even more bluntly:
We attacked Iraq. No obligation to help.
ISIS attacked France. We're obligated to help.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
We don't HAVE to do anything but we could end up losing allies.

Put even more bluntly:
France attacks ISIS. No obligation to help.
ISIS attacks France. Obligated to help.
Fixed your version was way to convoluted, we trying to help this guy or what?

Just breaking your balls Bluesville :)

MadFatChickKilla

Oct 25, 2015
He should have increased the amount of planes in the areas we already have approval and freed up America and France to go fight the good fight, it seemed like a public show last night.

I get he wants to support France and America at this time of need.

You can't bomb an idea but we will sure try, boots on the ground by next summer I bet.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He should have increased the amount of planes in the areas we already have approval and freed up America and France to go fight the good fight, it seemed like a public show last night.

I get he wants to support France and America at this time of need.

You can't bomb an idea but we will sure try, boots on the ground by next summer I bet.
Boots are all ready on the ground and have been.