General So that didn't take long.... AFGHANISTAN

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The Taliban have already sent a diplomatic delegation (yes that's right :)) to meet with Russian foreign minister Lavrov and Chinese foreign minister Yi and so far they're talking a consistent game of reform and inclusion. Perhaps China can manage with economic development and trade what the US and NATO failed to achieve with drone strikes? It should be interesting.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The Taliban have already sent a diplomatic delegation (yes that's right :)) to meet with Russian foreign minister Lavrov and Chinese foreign minister Yi and so far they're talking a consistent game of reform and inclusion. Perhaps China can manage with economic development and trade what the US and NATO failed to achieve with drone strikes? It should be interesting.
We should declare China terrorist sympathisers and sent in the f-35s

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I read somewhere that China has already developed a type of women's high top boot with heavy padding around the ankles that actually absorbs the impact of the whip of the bamboo cane. Also has a tie down that attaches to the bottom of the burka, preventing skin from exposure. These will be donated along with early shipments of the Sinovac covid vaccine according to reports.

M

member 3289

Unless something has changed in the last 12-15 hours, the Taliban have yet to take a major provincial capital. Afghanistan's population is 90% urban and the Taliban currently hold only the rural parts. Large swathes of territory but the areas have very low population density. They do control a few lucrative border crossings into Iran and Tajikistan though.

Screenshot_20210804-091754_BBC News.jpg

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
Yure
I've pondered for a long while as to what would be a solution to this wretched land. And I can't think of one. Same for parts of Africa. We could occupy them for another 20 years and it still wouldn't change fuck all.

My only recommendation would be to turn the country into a giant prison. Blow up the airfields and all aircraft. Heavily fortify all borders and leave them to it.

However, that's not really fair on the non terrorists that will have to live in that ghastly place. Already there are calls for humanitarian aid as no fucker has any food.

They probably just refuse to eat all that shit kbr and the army left behind.
You are clearly far too intelligent for this forum. Dumb fuck

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
This
The withdrawal is nothing more than pulling the curtain back on the reality that's been occurring for 20 years.
No Afghan government infrastructure. Afghan government corruption. Afghan military pathetic. Taliban with exact same interest and attacks as anytime before. And following two decades of us telling the locals that we really aren't there to make it a 51st state, we've only worsened our reputation to interaction with the locals.

The withdrawal didn't make any of those conditions happen. Many existed before and many were created over the last two decades by our poor planning. We did not have the political will or planning probably wanted the outcome to be. We'll continue to ebb and flow increase and draw down constantly hoping that just throwing money at supplies at the Afghan government would allow them to stand on their own. It appears that it did nothing more than make them more dependent on us.
Pretty sure this was always part of the plan. Plenty of documentaries out there released decades ago explained this cycle. If you think your country went into afghanistan to help anyone but america , you should think again

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Unless something has changed in the last 12-15 hours, the Taliban have yet to take a major provincial capital. Afghanistan's population is 90% urban and the Taliban currently hold only the rural parts. Large swathes of territory but the areas have very low population density. They do control a few lucrative border crossings into Iran and Tajikistan though.

View attachment 42926

The Taliban are the GOP of Afghanistan???

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hold up I read it wrong.

Afghanistan is still fucked tho.

(It's the worst place in the errf of you haven't been)

Now I just feel bad because the Taliban are gonna fucken smoke em and kill everyone. What's the fucken point.

M

member 1013

Afghanistan’s last known Jew has “had enough” and plans to leave the country this autumn.

Zabulon Simantov, a carpet and jewelry merchant, lives on the same Kabul compound as Afghanistan’s only synagogue.

His decision to move to Israel after the High Holy Days this autumn came, he told Arab News, as a result of losing hope for peace in the country. Mr Simantov’s wife and daughters live in Israel.

He said: “I will watch on TV to find out what will happen in Afghanistan.

“I have had enough and plan to leave in the next few months.

“I managed to protect the synagogue of Kabul like a lion of Jews here, stood against the mujahhideen and the Taliban.”

He added he rarely leaves the compound and believed his country had “no future”.

The Jewish community in Afghanistan once numbered in the tens of thousands and is thought to be some 2000 years old.

Mr Simantov, who is thought to be in his late 50s or early 60s, told the BBC in 2019 he was pressured to convert to Islam but refused.

He said: “They offered me money but I said no. I responded to them that G-d made me Jewish and you Muslim.

“Even the Taliban asked me to convert, but I said no.”

News of Mr Simantov’s decision comes just one week after some of the last remaining Jews in Yemen were deported, effectively ending Jewish presence in the country.

And last month, Dhafar Fouad Eliyahu, a leading orthopaedic doctor, died at the age of 61, leaving just three Jews remaining in Iraq.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Afghanistan’s last known Jew has “had enough” and plans to leave the country this autumn.

Zabulon Simantov, a carpet and jewelry merchant, lives on the same Kabul compound as Afghanistan’s only synagogue.

His decision to move to Israel after the High Holy Days this autumn came, he told Arab News, as a result of losing hope for peace in the country. Mr Simantov’s wife and daughters live in Israel.

He said: “I will watch on TV to find out what will happen in Afghanistan.

“I have had enough and plan to leave in the next few months.

“I managed to protect the synagogue of Kabul like a lion of Jews here, stood against the mujahhideen and the Taliban.”

He added he rarely leaves the compound and believed his country had “no future”.

The Jewish community in Afghanistan once numbered in the tens of thousands and is thought to be some 2000 years old.

Mr Simantov, who is thought to be in his late 50s or early 60s, told the BBC in 2019 he was pressured to convert to Islam but refused.

He said: “They offered me money but I said no. I responded to them that G-d made me Jewish and you Muslim.

“Even the Taliban asked me to convert, but I said no.”

News of Mr Simantov’s decision comes just one week after some of the last remaining Jews in Yemen were deported, effectively ending Jewish presence in the country.

And last month, Dhafar Fouad Eliyahu, a leading orthopaedic doctor, died at the age of 61, leaving just three Jews remaining in Iraq.
This is proof that that mountain's of AFGHANISTAN harbor gold and diamonds.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
The Outpost on Amazon is a wonderful accompaniment to this thread.

Based on a true story from 2006 when hearts and minds was still the plan.

It starts off very well, an hour in and I’m hooked

Last edited:

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Wasn't listed as a major city before but it is now for whatever reason.

It's not a major city, but it is a provincial capital.

You shouldn't get too hung up on the 'provincial capital' talking point that US and Afghan officials have used to downplay Taliban gains. Maoist insurgency strategy 101 is that you control the rural areas first and surround the cities.

The Taliban control up to 80% of the land and likely around half of the population now. This can't be hand waved with the provincial capital talking point.

That said, the Taliban shadow governor just got blown up in the occupied police headquarters in Zaranj. That sent a message to the Taliban that they can't just openly occupy major cities without the risk of being taken out by planes, which they still don't have any counter for.