General SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule to return Boeing Starliner crew to Earth

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jamie999

Aug 13, 2024
Of course I know that. My issue with space X stems back years and it was directly elons fault. He tried to rush his way to success which led to many failures because he didn't want to go through the correct testing procedures. Which is kind of understandable given the money involved, I think him moving on to other stuff and having less involvement has allowed the place to progress naturally.
SpaceX moves faster than virtually every government and private space org that's ever existed.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
SpaceX moves faster than virtually every government and private space org that's ever existed.
Resulting in burnout, failure and a poor reputation as an employer. Or it did ten years ago. Like I said now he's fucked off a bit they seem to have improved.

I bet there's lots of job vacancies listed.

Jamie999

Aug 13, 2024
Resulting in burnout, failure and a poor reputation as an employer. Or it did ten years ago. Like I said now he's fucked off a bit they seem to have improved.

I bet there's lots of job vacancies listed.
What? They're probably in top 3 most desirable employers on the planet.

No young space engineer wants to work at NASA anymore.. They all want to work for SpaceX.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What? They're probably in top 3 most desirable employers on the planet.

No young space engineer wants to work at NASA anymore.. They all want to work for SpaceX.
Not a few years back. They had a very high turnover of engineers because they burned them out until they quit. The job listings never got taken down.

CasketCaseZombie

Aug 13, 2024
There was some noise last week that their Boeing suits aren’t compatible with the Crew Dragon. On Apollo 13 guys with slide rules figured out to adapt command module components to lunar module systems so the LEM could act as a lifeboat until they were ready for reentry. Are people no longer that smart?

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
lol at Boeing employees

Boeing employees are “humiliated” after NASA announced that two astronauts who have been stranded on the International Space Station by the company’s troubled Starliner space capsule will have to be rescued by Elon Musk’s upstart rival SpaceX, one worker told The Post.

Butch Wilmore and Suni Williams — who went up to the ISS in June for what was supposed to be an eight-day mission — will have to wait another six months until a SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft can carry them safely home, because their original ride is leaking helium and has problems with its thrusters.

The Florida-based staffer with Boeing’s space program said the decision was the latest blow to the aerospace giant, which is already suffering backlash from a slew of commercial flight incidents earlier this year.

“We have had so many embarrassments lately, we’re under a microscope. This just made it, like, 100 times worse,” said one worker, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

“We hate SpaceX,” he added. “We talk s–t about them all the time, and now they’re bailing us out.

CasketCaseZombie

Aug 13, 2024
Wonder what’s next for the Boeing ship? Will they send up parts and try to b repair it in orbit or jettison it in a degrading orbit and let it burn up? And how risky is the latter since the steering jets are the problem? Can they control it well enough to hit in a safe location or will it just fall to Earth where it will and if it lands on a school or whatever, oh well?

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Wonder what’s next for the Boeing ship? Will they send up parts and try to b repair it in orbit or jettison it in a degrading orbit and let it burn up? And how risky is the latter since the steering jets are the problem? Can they control it well enough to hit in a safe location or will it just fall to Earth where it will and if it lands on a school or whatever, oh well?
Supposedly they are going to detach and let it burn up with re-entry, there is a concern with the module to do that and there is a chance it could crash back into the ISS, I'll see if I can find the article on that.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Told you that shit blows up.

Wahh wahh space X cock tastes so good. Song know-a-nothing!

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What would happen if they refused to come down? If one day they wake up in space and say fuck this let's join ISIS. It's our space station now.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It had over 20 flights on it. I don't think boeing or any other space company has flown a booster that many times.
Good job it wasn't the one they sent on the space mission to rescue people.

Because it blew up.