Special Edition of the MMA Hour Tomorrow W/ Nate Diaz

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Also, in true Diaz fashion, through the mumbles and the n-words he's actually making quite a bit of sense.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Nate should direct a find footage horror film with that kind of camera work

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I can totally see your idea there. One issue for me is that if Ronda would have beat Amanda and the Cyborg-Holm fight worked out where Cyborg ended up with the 145 title, I don't think that Ronda would have agreed to fight Cyborg, and I am not sure the UFC assumed she would either. They had Cris sitting around and she wasn't going to make them much money with catchweight fights, so I do believe that Cyborg had a big hand in them creating the division, Ronda or not. It was likely a mixture of the two.
So agreed that in the sensible scenario of Cyborg fighting for the 145 belt it is not ALL about Ronda, but I think the UFC's decision-making pertaining to Cyborg always was about Ronda in some way though. I think her entire UFC run reflects a tightrope they were trying to walk which included the desire from them to make money off her, but not let her become established in the casual conscious as a more dominant woman than Ronda, while at the same time hoping to cash in on that fight when the time was right. Otherwise they would have just slapped the 145 belt on her earlier rather than try to kill her with weight cuts. The timing seemed to make sense with Ronda 1 or 2 fights away from retirement, either they convince Ronda to accept the Cyborg fight, Holm knocks off Cyborg and they get that fight, or Ronda refuses to fight Cyborg and retires but now they have another woman's draw.

There is no way they thought the timing was suddenly right to just have Germaine de Randamie become the champion of a non-existent division though.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Kind of pissed off as I wanted to watch this but missed the start and for fucking sure don't want to have zero ability to go back to the beginning........just perplexed

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Also, in true Diaz fashion, through the mumbles and the n-words he's actually making quite a bit of sense.
More than most will give him credit for. People think he's a dipshit but behind the funny voice he's got his shit together.

I loved the bit about not having a manager. "Why would I want someone who works for the enemy?

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
"I don't wear no Gucci suits. That Gucci suit money is going in my mom's pocket."

He's currently trending number 5 on Twitter in my area. Man's a star.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Just watching this now.
Does nate not realise it's annoying when you walk around while on cam and once sitting in one spot, half of your face showing alongside not allowing for clear audio is absolutely fucking annoying?

Ariel is a stunad for not pointing this out.......ffs, I'm ready to turn this off

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Just watching this now.
Does nate not realise it's annoying when you walk around while on cam and once sitting in one spot, half of your face showing alongside not allowing for clear audio is absolutely fucking annoying?

Ariel is a stunad for not pointing this out.......ffs, I'm ready to turn this off
He sits down later.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
But can he not see his face (or half of it) on the screen? Or is that just something you can see on FaceTime and not Skype?
Haha it was a bit annoying but you seem to be considerably worked up by this. You're really gonna hate the tour of his house where he talks about things in his house and then turns the camera to them but the camera is always just above whatever he's referencing.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Haha it was a bit annoying but you seem to be considerably worked up by this. You're really gonna hate the tour of his house where he talks about things in his house and then turns the camera to them but the camera is always just above whatever he's referencing.
Yes, agree, he was doing well in the middle of it but can't take much more.....suspended for now.
May try listening on podcast, but not sure it is worth the "listen" anymore

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Yes, agree, he was doing well in the middle of it but can't take much more.....suspended for now.
May try listening on podcast, but not sure it is worth the "listen" anymore
I get it, though I personally enjoyed every second of it. It's part of Nate's charm.