Started watching Sopranos

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Again I want to point out the suble humor for this type of show.

"Well, sit down and dig into this medley of pastas that Janice whipped up."

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Again I want to point out the suble humor for this type of show.

"Well, sit down and dig into this medley of pastas that Janice whipped up."
The subtle jokes and humor are amazing. reminds me so much of my family and the wise cracks that tens to cross the line yet are still hilarious

Gotta be honest now that I'm near the end of the show I wanna go back and watch season 1 and 2 again. Some of the most intense shit ever.

I don't mind the storylines of the later seasons.. guys getting outa jail etc. It does seem repetitive on theory but in real life for those dudes, shit like that does happen quite a bit.. New guys coming back and going away causing new issues etc

I'm just a huge fan lol. I think I've enjoyed each season equally. First was still my fave tho cuz it just took me in so quick

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
My all time fave bluesman Howlin Wolf was just played in this episode while Tony was gambling

Shit ruled

I'm on season six episode sixteen. Not many more to go until the finale. I gotta say.. it seems like everyone who was once close to Tony is turning against him - or should I say he's turning them against himself

Lol, AJ just proposed to Blanca or whatever her her name is in a restaurant. Come on kid. He's like 22 and settled on a girl with a baby who's like ten years older. Madon a mia

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Also pretty sure the intro song by A3, woke up this morning, has a brief howling wolf sample too... His voice briefly comes on and echoes the songs title in the chorus. Always thought that was cool

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Man it really seems like gambling is going to be Tony's undoing. wtf is with him... He just asked for Carm for money she made from the house sale to put on the dolphins lol... Not good

I'm scared. I dont want it to end bros. Tony is st destructing. seems like bes alienating everyone. I just want a happy ending to the journey lol

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Holy fuck Tony just snapped at Carm bad over the game

Not good. He's not long for this world :( I can tell

Lol andddd as I type this, vitos kid just took a shit in the gym shower at school. oooooook then

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Paulie just tore up Christophers lawn. shit is about to get real. Theyve been teasing a massive confrontation/blowout between them for the entire series since Chris got made. considering I'm only a few episodes away from the end, I have to assume one of them is gonna kill the other soon. shit..maybe Tony shoulda killed paulie on the boat when he had the chance. I don't wanna see Christopher leave his kid an orphan lol.

I love Paulie tho... But he did rat to Johnny Sac about the fat wife joke a few seasons back to stir shit up with Ralphy. Chris has always been loyal to Tony but it seems like he could stab Tony in the back too considering the latest developments. we will see...

I wanted to go to bed hours ago but I'm so close to the end I have a feeling I'll be up for a few more hours finishing the final episodes.

Damn it... I don't want it to end lol. I love this show. Greatest series I've ever seen. cannot wait to go back and rewatch the early stuff.

Someone recommended boardwalk empire .. I am gonna check that out when I'm done with sopranos.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Holy fucking shit

Did Tony just kill Christopher after the accident?! Holy shit. wow.

That fucking idiot Christopher. I loved that dude but he couldn't stay clean. Just wow. Heaviest moment of the show imo so far. He was definitely high while driving. just wow

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Oh shit!!!!!! AJ was just listening to Krayzie Bone!!!! Best episode ever

Just started the third to last episode, three more to go.. so about three hours left

I know no one's reading this but it's really turned into my live reaction and thoughts on the shows ending. Damn it I wish there was more!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Tony stomped that dude who hit on his daughter like prime Wand in 2001

Fuckin teeth flyin and shit

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
The subtle jokes and humor are amazing. reminds me so much of my family and the wise cracks that tens to cross the line yet are still hilarious
yeah that's my favorite thing about the show. some of the little humor snipets in The Sopranos are among the funniest stuff I've ever seen on TV.

"He was gay, Gary Cooper?";

"Sister's cunt!!!";

The intervention - one of the best scenes ever. - "Have any of you been involved in an intervention before?" / "We caught our daughter smoking pot once...";

Livia's wake too was pure comedy gold - "They say there's no two people on earth exactly the same. No two faces, no two sets of fingerprints ...But do they know that for sure? 'Cause they would have to get everybody together in one huge space. And obviously, that's not possible, even with computers. Not only that, they'd have to get all the people who ever lived, not just the ones now. So they got no proof. They got nothing.";

Paulie's repeated jokes - "Hey Ton, ya hear what I said?";

and pretty much everything that Ralphie says (he's my favorite character). I always loved how he rationalized killing Tracy and how in his mind that was really nothing too much that he did, after all "A: she was a hooooooooor";

and Γαλάνης @Galanis since you're getting into tv series let me show you the light:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVnNmw9dbNE

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I know no one's reading this but it's really turned into my live reaction and thoughts on the shows ending. Damn it I wish there was more!
I here. I will never miss a Sopranos thread. I like your posts. I'm glad you have this program a shot.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Well I saved the last two episodes for today

Phil and co are really mmaking moves against Tony. God damn it why do I have to know what happens in the end?

I hate sad endings to shows. still can't believe Christopher is dead

Also decided to start boardwalk empire after this, as recommended on this thread. I'm a big fan of Lucky Luciano. Have his mugshot hung up in my room lol

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Just read a bit of the wiki on Boardwalk Empire. Seems like an all star cast of gansters (Capone, Lucky, Bugsy, etc)

You guys dig it/would recommend?

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Well folks I waited as long as I could.........

Just hit play on the final 2 episodes

Help me :( Don't let it end :(

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Well folks I waited as long as I could.........

Just hit play on the final 2 episodes

Help me :( Don't let it end :(
You haven't mentioned about tough ass Artie Bucco! He fall's in love with Ade. Tries to be all smooth with her. Gets beat down by the French guy he tried to scare. Also he then goes on to whoop Bennies ass!lol That guy and his hand jestures..oh yeah Chris almost put a fork in his eye..haha

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Welp, it's over!

I'll write up a rant about this in a little bit.. but I just wanna say:

For some reason, I was CONVINCED this entire time while watching, and for years now, that Tony dies at the end of the show. Boy I was glad I was wrong!

That entire finale, I just waited and waited for him to get killed. The ending was so intense... I love how it was left open to interpretation. I can see that being frustrating for some, but to me it was perfect. After rewatching a few times and doing hours of online reading etc.. I am in the "Tony Lives" camp.. for reasons I can go into later

I think they purposely put the shot on so many strange/seemingly threatening people in the shop to escalate the tension and make you think Tony was going to get killed. When the Italian guy went from the bar into the bathroom, I thought "oh shit, he has the piece in the bathroom and he's going to kill Tony like Michael killed the Turk and the cop in the Godfather"..

When it faded to black, I actually thought my episode was broken and not working. Again, I was CONVINCED he was supposed to die at the end, and thought I'd read multiple articles saying so. Now that I think back, I remember reading articles about the ending's controversy and people's speculation over its meaning.. including the idea that Tony does indeed die.

For some reason, over the last 8 years, my brain turned that into thinking Tony dies for sure. It's not something I thought about often, but when I decided to watch the show, I was convinced in my mind that it happens - my posts earlier in the thread reflect that.

Needless to say, I really loved this show and can't wait to watch it a 2nd time around. I always find that on second viewing, great works of film become even better. You already have absorbed the story and know the outcomes, and now the subtle details in every way - humor, drama, hints at the future, etc - start to be a lot more noticeable.

I just have nothing I can say that even comes close to explaining how much I loved this show. I watched all 86 hours in like 10 days or less I think.. Literally wake up, watch the show, go to bed type stuff. Never had that happen before, but I just could not get enough of it!

Tony is the GOAT

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Also - real quick.. Has anyone seen or owned this?

View: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0451202457?ref_=cm_lmf_tit_21

Apparently, it's amazing and recommended by basically everyone who is a massive fan and owns it. you know, there's a lot of gimmick books like that around for any movie/show etc.. but this reminds me of the Godfather Family album (WHICH IS AMAZING, google it if you can, it's hundreds of dollars for a reason.. hope I can own one someday)

It's supposed to be incredibly rich, filled with back story and elaborate details on the characters themselves... as well as massive amounts of details on the behind the scenes, production, and tons of photos - both candid and of the actors in character.

Ebay has it incredibly cheap for certain used copies and I may have to put this on my Xmas list this year.

I'd love to have that sit proudly on my book shelf, and the high quality pics, and what everyone says about it in the reviews, make this seem awesome!

Have you seen this before, Wild @I Wild Each It or BJTT-Rizzo @BJTT-FrankRizzo ? Anybody?

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Just read a bit of the wiki on Boardwalk Empire. Seems like an all star cast of gansters (Capone, Lucky, Bugsy, etc)

You guys dig it/would recommend?
the story does not revolve around the known gangsters. they're side characters. the main thing about BE is that it is an incredibly slow burn. I love a slow pace myself but Boardwalk's is almost too slow for me. still yes, it is very good.