Statement Anderson Silva

• Thread starter Morpheushasleftthebuilding
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I Wild Each It;n24655 said:
I used to say the following at the other place and would get bashed for it by fanboys...but I'll restate it here, and if I get bashed here, I get bashed.

Anderson Silva made a career of beating journeymen and 205ers that weren't very good strikers. The only wins in his UFC career that I find remotely impressive are Franklin (2x) and Belfort. And now looking back, he may have been using PED's the entire time. GOAT? I think not.
I do not agree he fought and kicked every single fighters ass they put in front of him since 2006, the middleweight division wasn't as deep as it is now but nevertheless he cleaned it out and went up in weight a few times to fight.
That there weren't better or more skilled fighter isn't his fault, i have much respect for Anderson Silva as a fighter.

The only thing that irritates the fuck out of me is this weak ass bullshit statement, you got caught just man up say fuck it, i did PEDS and be done with it.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
The EGG always hated that he didn't have the GOAT under contract, so he latched the GOAT title on to AS as soon as he started cleaning out the MW division and began to bad mouth Fedor's body of work(which many of the guys he beat were signed to the UFC eventually). If AS had never made it to the UFC, it would have only been a matter of time until he bestowed the GOAT status on GSP or whomever he chose too. ZUFFA ego's are to big to allow them to run the premier MMA org and not have claim to the GOAT. When history doesn't tell the story that EGG & Co. prefer, they just rewrite it by making the same inaccurate statements over and over until the sheep believe it and regurgitate it.

AS should clearly be recognized as the greatest UFC MW of all time, but as the GOAT of MMA? yeah......NO.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n24673 said:
Lo fucking L. Short, to the point, excellent reference which ties into the OPs post. Bravo sir.
Thank you kind sir.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Pitbull3744;n24661 said:
I used to get crushed for saying that on the other site.
I too have thought the same even before Anderson got popped. He beat everyone that was put front of him but the middleweight division has always been really weak in the past. Hes a really good fighter but I've never felt he was a great fighter. He wasn't able to do anything to Nick Diaz who is a solid WW/LW. There is a serious lack of wrestling in that division. If there were more wrestlers at MW i don't think Anderson would have been champion that long. I always thought it was a marketing ploy by the UFC to combat the fact that Fedor was considered the P4P best. GSP was on his way but after he got clipped by Serra UFC quickly started the marketing hype behind Silva to get the media to change their beliefs from Fedor to Anderson even though Rich Franklin was never some world beater. He wasn't a Matt Hughes at MW. Rich only defended the belt twice and one was against David Louseau who was a journeyman. When Anderson beat Rich the UFC acted like this was some monumental achievement. No to mention i found it bizarre that Rich could not get himself out of a Muay Thai plum stance.

Its not Anderson fault that middleweight division was soft but I always thought it was bizarre how much Rogan,Goldberg,Dana tried to coerce the public into believing that middleweight was the greatest division ever and that Anderson ran through it.