General The best NBA teams of all time

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
just because they had less rules, doesn't mean they're more skilled.

would you say the fighters from UFC1 are better than today's fighters? they had less rules and was more hardcore

plus Jordan couldn't stop A.I. , he won't stop Curry either. Curry's got one of the best handling, Warriors deserve the spot especially they were dominant for like 5 years straight in their own era.
Yes I'm totally biased against current era soft play. For some reason I don't take them too seriously in all time debates. The whole time when I was writing my above post I was thinking of the Warriors and - even though comparing era makes no sense - IMO they don't translate to other eras while the other teams translate to the current era. Players like Larry Bird and Kukoc would be beasts in today's game.

Biggest difference IMHO is that the Warriors used to chill in the first half, get behind by 20 points then muster a comeback by shooting 3 after 3 while earlier games are a constant grind, teams stay within of each other by 8 pts max in most playoff games. totally different environment, requires a different kind of toughness which the Warriors don't seem to have.

What I find almost silly is arguing whether Jordan is the best of all time or not. one gif of Iverson getting the best of him proves what? There was one Celtics'guy in the early 90's who schooled Jordan in one game, what does that mean? Nothing. Jordan IMO is not the greatest basketball player of all time, he might very well be the greatest athlete of all time.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Yes I'm totally biased against current era soft play. For some reason I don't take them too seriously in all time debates. The whole time when I was writing my above post I was thinking of the Warriors and - even though comparing era makes no sense - IMO they don't translate to other eras while the other teams translate to the current era. Players like Larry Bird and Kukoc would be beasts in today's game.

Biggest difference IMHO is that the Warriors used to chill in the first half, get behind by 20 points then muster a comeback by shooting 3 after 3 while earlier games are a constant grind, teams stay within of each other by 8 pts max in most playoff games. totally different environment, requires a different kind of toughness which the Warriors don't seem to have.

What I find almost silly is arguing whether Jordan is the best of all time or not. one gif of Iverson getting the best of him proves what? There was one Celtics'guy in the early 90's who schooled Jordan in one game, what does that mean? Nothing. Jordan IMO is not the greatest basketball player of all time, he might very well be the greatest athlete of all time.
the reason why I posted the A.I. clip is that it's not as easy as you think that anybody can adapt to a new style of playing, you make it seem like the old school players will adapt to the modern way of playing like it's nothing but as you can see, even a great MJ had trouble when he was faced with A.I. handling skills for the first time

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
the reason why I posted the A.I. clip is that it's not as easy as you think that anybody can adapt to a new style of playing, you make it seem like the old school players will adapt to the modern way of playing like it's nothing but as you can see, even a great MJ had trouble when he was faced with A.I. handling skills for the first time
the very post of mine that you quoted literally has like a disclaimer in there - “comparing eras makes no sense”.

This in an overall sense. Still there’s nothing stopping us from seeing that pure shooters with good defense/ball handling skills would thrive in the current era.

so your post makes no sense, sorry. That wasn’t even the first time they met. it’s not like Jordan saw Iverson and said “OMG I can’t deal with this guy”, they’d played 2-3 times before and Jordan had bullied Iverson at the all star game already. Iverson could crossover anybody on a given play and it wouldn’t mean anything against the poor guy getting his ankles tangled.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
the very post of mine that you quoted literally has like a disclaimer in there - “comparing eras makes no sense”.
then why don't you recognize the Warriors as one of the great teams, they were dominant in their own era?

contradicting a bit?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
then why don't you recognize the Warriors as one of the great teams, they were dominant in their own era?

contradicting a bit?
They are all soft and would get man handled in any other era. Steph sometimes disappears in playoff games now where they can barely touch him. He would not be able to get through hand checking of the 80’s 90’s to get off open perimeter shots and he damn sure isn’t big enough to take the contact if he tried to go to the rack. A guy that can shoot as good as him could play any any era, but he damn sure wouldn’t have been the player he is with the benefit of the soft rules today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
They are all soft and would get man handled in any other era. Steph sometimes disappears in playoff games now where they can barely touch him. He would not be able to get through hand checking of the 80’s 90’s to get off open perimeter shots and he damn sure isn’t big enough to take the contact if he tried to go to the rack. A guy that can shoot as good as him could play any any era, but he damn sure wouldn’t have been the player he is with the benefit of the soft rules today.
no matter how long of an explanation anybody writes about how the modern NBA is soft compared to the older generation, it's all just a speculation. no way to know and nothing but a biased opinion that older NBA players could easily adapt to the modern NBA players but the modern players won't be able to adapt to the older ways? what? the modern players are all bunch of retards? remember, they all grew up watching the older players and started earlier, I'd give the edge to the modern players.

but if you want to entertain the idea about lesser rules of the older days supposedly make them tougher, here's an analogy for ya. are you saying UFC 1 fighters will beat the modern day UFC fighters? they had lesser rules, it was almost like no holds barred at the time. Yea, they were freakin' tough but today's fighters will literally kill them with their skills, conditioning, training methods, etc. If you don't evolve with time, you're going to get handled no matter how tough you are, but who cares about how tough you are because basketball is just a game where you shoot a ball in to the hoop, and modern NBA players are way better at doing just that~

plus my response was for someone who was contradicting, saying shit like "it's silly to compare different eras... but I don't recognize the modern era teams because they were soft..." ok...

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015

contradicting a bit?
I believe they are probably #4 or 5 best team of all time. Can I have my own opinion on what are the best nba teams of all time?

you acting all weird in this thread.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I believe they are probably #4 or 5 best team of all time. Can I have my own opinion on what are the best nba teams of all time?

you acting all weird in this thread.
fine. wasn't trying to be weird

i just felt that you were dismissing their accomplishments