The Boys

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Kimiko and Frenchie's arc is incredibly important to how the series ends as is Hughie's insecurity and need for power. If they stick to the general concept of where the comic went, this character development stuff is crucial as is MM's abstention from doing V thus far and Black Noir's disappearance.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
This season is a masterpiece and actually remains better than the comic.
I agree this might be the best season yet.
I’ve yet to read the comic. But I felt the opposite way about Garth Ennis’ other show Preacher. Thought the comic was way better. I only made it a few episodes into season 2 and lost interest

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I could see Kimiko losing her powers as a foreshadow to Homelander’s fate but the rest just seems like filler. But like you said “so far” so maybe they’ll tie it in somehow.

Hughie’s self loathing about not being super or special gets on my nerves.
I think this dichotomy is an important parallel. Someone with power who’s managed to keep their humanity despite doing horrible things. Who views them as a curse juxtaposed on someone who’s been the humanity grounding character of the show giving up his humanity for powers because of insecurity.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I have to also say as someone who watched the OG Gossip Girl with Chase Crawford RELIGIOUSLY, he’s come such a long way in his acting. I’m continuously impressed by how he plays The Deep because it’s such a ridiculous role. Man had to pretend fuck an octopus, it takes a strong actor to do that without qualms and as… well as he did.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I agree this might be the best season yet.
I’ve yet to read the comic. But I felt the opposite way about Garth Ennis’ other show Preacher. Thought the comic was way better. I only made it a few episodes into season 2 and lost interest
Yeah the comic of Preacher is close to perfect. The TV series was perfectly mediocre. The Boys comic was good, but had some slow moments and some things that were just cheesy trying to push the limits stuff that didn't always land. The show is much tighter and the actors seem like they were literally ripped off the comics page. It's maybe the best casting job I've seen for a comic to screen project ever.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I think this dichotomy is an important parallel. Someone with power who’s managed to keep their humanity despite doing horrible things. Who views them as a curse juxtaposed on someone who’s been the humanity grounding character of the show giving up his humanity for powers because of insecurity.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I have to also say as someone who watched the OG Gossip Girl with Chase Crawford RELIGIOUSLY, he’s come such a long way in his acting. I’m continuously impressed by how he plays The Deep because it’s such a ridiculous role. Man had to pretend fuck an octopus, it takes a strong actor to do that without qualms and as… well as he did.
His acting has definitely come a long way. That said it is still mind-blowingly bad. He isn’t getting any favors having to share a set with Antony Starr who is incredible. I really wish they had casted The Deep with someone else so I could care about his story line, but other than fucking the octopus, his scenes are all garbage IMO.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
His acting has definitely come a long way. That said it is still mind-blowingly bad. He isn’t getting any favors having to share a set with Antony Starr who is incredible. I really wish they had casted The Deep with someone else so I could care about his story line, but other than fucking the octopus, his scenes are all garbage IMO.
Antony just makes everyone around him who isn’t at his level look like a fool in comparison. I love The Deep for the ridiculousness and because I liked GG, although I didn’t like his character all that much.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I’m not sure how I feel about the latest episode. Seemed like a lot of filler to me.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
They did all the drugs to come up with it.

Its losing me a bit this season tho. And starlight grinds my gears more each episode. I dunno if she is a bad actress or chose to perform this way. And her upper lip looks weird now.
37E46D5F-D8EC-41A0-8D6A-F7F6D11934FB.jpeg
well, she got fillers all over her face. I didn’t realize it until I saw this side-by-side.

Sugar Rey Palpatine

Jul 9, 2021
Anyone watch Gen V? There's still no definitive word on season 4's release date so I may have to give the spin off a go just to get a fix. And I've been reading it shows a major plot point and set up for The Boys?