The day I was the fastest kid in the prison yard! (PICS)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I remember this thread from the other site. Just great. :)
Shhhhh..............we don't mention that other site! Seriously though, I appreciate that you enjoyed it. I've changed up the theme for the MMAC and I don't think I'll drag it out, just a few pics and stories while trying not to be too redundant.

Last edited:

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yo pappy had some banging thighs boo. Those little blue shorts did him very well. Ummhmm View attachment 4629
Unfortunately, I seem to have inherited my Mom's father's chicken legs, but I did take to my father's penchant for the ill fitting shorts!

Also note, the second and third pictures in this thread............I did not steal that pudgy kid's t-shirt right there in the prison yard!

Last edited:

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
With regards to the floor hockey trophy that was won by my old boy's team while he was on the inside, here is an excerpt from a book by Lorne Campbell, former president of the Satan's Choice and high ranking Hell's Angel about the floor hockey culture in the prisons up in Kingston.

^ That pic of Pops receiving the floor hockey trophy on behalf of his team. I think this was the floor hockey trophy, I know it was one of the big ones.

Here is a pic of the team he played with regularly in the prison league. Dad in the back middle, and his good friend Corny on the back right who I've known all my life. I will see Corny when I fly back to Toronto for my Dad's 70th in October. I can't believe these old fuckers are still kicking after the lives they've lead!

Here is the description of the game by Lorne Campbell.

"Fewer inmates at Collins Bay were killers than at Millhaven, so players could fight without worrying so much that it would necessarily lead to murder. “In floor hockey, that’s where you’d see the fights, really nice fights. Just fights all over the place. Kicking each other in the head. The guards just let it go. I didn’t play, but I was a good spectator. In the pen, guys take it very seriously.” After one hard-fought 1-0 victory over 1 Block, Larry Vallentyne of 3 Block seized banners that read “1 block’s #1” and set them ablaze. The guards let this go too."

I've posted these before, but since I have a pic of my Dad and Corny on their floor hockey team from the late 70's, I figured I would repost their mugshots from the Kingston Penitentiary from 1965, five years before i was born. My Dad was just 20, and Corny about 22 at the time.

Dad

Corny

I only repost those again because it's kind of interesting to see them in relevance to their later prison pics. Apparently these guys didn't learn their fucking lessons easily!

Again, Corny and Dad.......

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
A few more yard pics of the old man and some of the nice friends he met while he was away!

Some backwoods looking motherfuckers right here......

Whitey in the floppy hat was one of two guys babysitting me and my little sister a couple years after this photo when our home was raided (second raid I was in by the time I was 10 years old). Whitey and one of my Dad's best friends (JC) weren't the ideal babysitters as it turns out, they were both taken away for a bank job they pulled with my uncle. My uncle ended up getting 8 years for 8 banks on that go around, not sure what the others received but they were only involved in the last job.

Pops landed a pretty cushy job in the yard........an opportunity to work on that tan!

Dolphin's socks!