Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I'm not an activist, but I can't help but observe the hierarchy placed on reasons to protest about. Another puzzling element is when people choose to protest. I can't remember anyone protesting the 2.5 million deportations of the previous administration, but now it seems to have gained more importance, now that Trump basically continues the same deportation policies as the previous administrations. It's why I was always sceptic about claims made (by Trump) about the illegal immigrant crisis. As long as it fits the narrative of the outraged I would guess?
Both sides are pushing and pulling whenever it fits of course. But sometimes its just right though.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Both sides are pushing and pulling whenever it fits of course. But sometimes its just right though.
Agree. But it's why I think the so called immigrant crisis was just not there. A populist mechanism to garner support. But at the same time, this is used by the other side to generate outrage to aid their side of the struggle. But this outrage over the mass deportation of immigrants only came into play when it was the new guy (Trump) doing it.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Agree. But it's why I think the so called immigrant crisis was just not there. A populist mechanism to garner support. But at the same time, this is used by the other side to generate outrage to aid their side of the struggle. But this outrage over the mass deportation of immigrants only came into play when it was the new guy (Trump) doing it.
Maybe, its not like I'd blame any government for deporting illegals. Its well known your media is quite extreme anyway.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Interesting that beside strong signs of manipulation and a ridiculously asymmetric campaign, it was still so close. Erdogan expected to sweep it and get 70+% for sure. There is still hope in Turkey not to totally drift into the nationalistic Islam.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Interesting that beside strong signs of manipulation and a ridiculously asymmetric campaign, it was still so close. Erdogan expected to sweep it and get 70+% for sure. There is still hope in Turkey not to totally drift into the nationalistic Islam.
Turkey from 18 or so years ago was very hopeful. Now its an indicator of what Islamic democracy looks like? Not a good UN partner in many ways and for many reasons.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Turkey from 18 or so years ago was very hopeful. Now its an indicator of what Islamic democracy looks like? Not a good UN partner in many ways and for many reasons.
Erdogan in his early years did many good things for the country, and he is still on this credit for many people who most likely didn't even know nor care exactly what they are voting for. It was mainly a vote for Erdogan or against him.

I have a Turkish buddy whose parents both voted. Father with no, mother with yes. The mother has no reasons for her vote other than that 'Erdogan was always good for us', well and that the Turkish women really dig him anyway apparently (he is being called "the tall one", since he is tall for a Turkish man or something).

Simple but effective eh? Well, but he did work for all that credit he now uses to drag the country back to Ottoman ways.

I think we are in the wrong thread though. Kinda. ;)

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Erdogan in his early years did many good things for the country, and he is still on this credit for many people who most likely didn't even know nor care exactly what they are voting for. It was mainly a vote for Erdogan or against him.

I have a Turkish buddy whose parents both voted. Father with no, mother with yes. The mother has no reasons for her vote other than that 'Erdogan was always good for us', well and that the Turkish women really dig him anyway apparently (he is being called "the tall one", since he is tall for a Turkish man or something).

Simple but effective eh? Well, but he did work for all that credit he now uses to drag the country back to Ottoman ways.

I think we are in the wrong thread though. Kinda. ;)
Kind of wrong thread. But still, Trump called the dude up to congratulate him, so it goes back to Trump.

It's a dangerous fanatacism coming from Turkey, he's a guy who's willing to rock the boat. That, and with terror incidents going on throughout Europe, I see possible shifts taking place. Nationalists may get more influence, France for instance, and that is importance with regards to the EU.

Funny how we pick our dictators to support.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Yeah the Brits kinda always were special, but France is key for sure for Europe. We'll see what happens.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
So Trump's lawyers are saying Trump's rallies should be giant safe spaces for Trump and supporters?

Trump lawyer: ‘No right’ to protest at rallies
President Donald Trump’s lawyers argued in a Thursday court filing that protesters “have no right” to “express dissenting views” at his campaign rallies because such protests infringed on his First Amendment rights.

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Although I would say most of the forum would rather there not be another active political thread. Just trying to show that we don't need another Trump thread.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Although I would say most of the forum would rather there not be another active political thread. Just trying to show that we don't need another Trump thread.

You didnt want any more political or Trump threads so you pulled up an inactive one form last year?

Smart thinking ;)