Society The Joseph R Biden Show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

very ignorant post ser

all religions are built off of lies imo. and all of the big religions texts are insane and abusive if taken verbatim

but almost everyone i hold dear is religious, including muslim. mostly catholic tho
I read a book by a Harvard guy, basically everywhere Islam has spread it has regressed the societies present to an extreme degree. The arab world used to be the seat of science and learning.

I can’t remember the name of the author, or the book, or if it was even true.

but I remember the rest

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I read a book by a Harvard guy, basically everywhere Islam has spread it has regressed the societies present to an extreme degree. The arab world used to be the seat of science and learning.

but I remember the rest
It was true, all of it.
I wrote the book.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

but I remember the rest
the topic i qas addressing wss an envelope statement stating that if someone is muslim, they cannot be a progressive

that it false. i know muslim progressives

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
because even if they live in a fairy tale, its cool. as long as it makes then happy
It's not cool for gay people anywhere in the Middle East though, is it.

Or women.

the topic i qas addressing wss an envelope statement stating that if someone is muslim, they cannot be a progressive

that it false. i know muslim progressives
No, you know people who are culturally Muslim, and who pick and choose which aspects of their faith to ignore.

Islam and progressivism are not compatible. There is simply no way to square the circle - they are fundamentally at odds. The whole point of Islam is that its tenets cannot ever be reformed.

??

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
It's not cool for gay people anywhere in the Middle East though, is it.

Or women.

No, you know people who are culturally Muslim, and who pick and choose which aspects of their faith to ignore.

Islam and progressivism are not compatible. There is simply no way to square the circle - they are fundamentally at odds. The whole point of Islam is that its tenets cannot ever be reformed.

??
exactly. people follow their own versions of religion

there are presumbly millions and millions of muslims who are progressive. yet becuse they dont fit your defintion of "muslim," you dont count them as muslim?

come on, dude

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I thought the statement was that someone who kowtows to Islam can’t be considered a true progressive.
It was.

And someone who identifies as both a Muslim and a progressive is kidding themselves, and needs to be honest about the disconnect and ditch the lip service to the religion. Sorry man. But that's just the truth.

??

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

there are presumbly millions and millions of muslims who are progressive. yet becuse they dont fit your defintion of "muslim," you dont count them as muslim?

come on, dude
Ah, the old 'no true muslim' fallacy!

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

come on, dude
It's not MY definition of Islam though. Is it.

It's theirs.

And that's the problem.

??

M

member 1013

come on, dude
Islam is an organized religion. This would be like if I said I was religiously Jewish not just ethnically but I still eat pork because it’s my version of Judaism. That’s not how it works.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Islam is an organized religion. This would be like if I said I was religiously Jewish not just ethnically but I still eat pork because it’s my version of Judaism. That’s not how it works.
But that makes everyone feel better.
For the record, it's great to be secular and get the best of both worlds. Thanks for being a good לערער

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Is this like Biden and Pelosi saying they’re catholic but pro abortion?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
It's like claiming to be religiously Christian, but you don't believe that Jesus ever existed as a real man, and you don't believe in heaven or hell either.

But you're still a Christian..... really.

Well actually....... no you're not.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Is this like Biden and Pelosi saying they’re catholic but pro abortion?
Yes.

I suppose you could try to argue that the Bible says nothing about abortion, so therefore you're not defying God's law.

But realistically, yes it is the same. They want to claim both.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
im taking a break. hope yall feel better

good luck
Hey man, we're not hating on you.

Just that....... at a certain point, if you ignore a religion's doctrines, then you're not a member of that religion any more.

And Islam is FAR more strict and FAR more explicit with its doctrines than Christianity is Judaism, both of which have a million different interpretations for various reasons.

Islam only has one Koran, it is the same now as it was in Muhammed's time, and not one word of it can ever be changed or amended. Ever. That's pretty much the whole point of it, in fact.

If you're a Muslim but you think that someone who turns his back on Islam in fact should not be killed for that........ then you are directly defying the Koran's explicit instructions and saying that morally, you know better than Allah and Muhammed. And what is the punishment for such blasphemy, as laid down by Allah and Muhammed?

It's not a punishment that anyone living in a Western democracy in the 21st Century can even begin to accept and find legitimate or morally acceptable, is it.

??

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
See ya in a few hours? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

Thanks Vutu......:(
lol i was gonna take off summer. but yall are too nice to me. im just gonna peace out of this thread.

i dont know why i join political threads, knowing that its only a matter of time before i get triggered lol

ill see yall in the fight nights, comedy, and random threads

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
lol i was gonna take off summer. but yall are too nice to me. im just gonna peace out of this thread.

i dont know why i join political threads, knowing that its only a matter of time before i get triggered lol

I used the heart icon because we don't have an eggplant.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
‘Traitor!’ Mike Pence booed in Florida while addressing Christian crowd
Scattered boos greeted former Vice President Mike Pence in Central Florida as he stood behind a lectern to address a coalition of Christian and conservative voters.

Someone yelled, “Traitor!” as Pence began to speak. Security quickly cleared the room of the people who shouted him down.