Society The Joseph R Biden Show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Boris Johnson says dealing with Joe Biden is ‘a breath of fresh air’
"But what I will say about Joe Biden and dealing with the new American president, yes, it is a breath of fresh air in the sense of the some things on which we can really really work together, and you knew I was gonna bring it up — climate change — he’s great on that," Johnson said. "And he wants to cut CO². He wants to get to net zero by 2050, and he shares with me, a basic view that you can do this without penalizing the economy."

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I'm not against higher wages, but businesses should be competing with other businesses for workers. They shouldn't be competing against free money from the gov't.

Hypothetical numbers...
Would you rather get $18/hr to sit on your ass or $18/hr to work?

Or how about $18/hr doing nothing vs $25/hr and you have to get up every morning and go to work?

It's not apples to apples, which is why we are having such difficulty getting people back to work. People are weighing their options, and mid-morning doobies, all-day XBOX and afternoon naps are winning out over earning a paycheck. ?
I'm really sorry that you don't get to clothe your workers in company sack cloth, house them in company kennels, feed them company protein mush as a substitute for paying wages, and see a line of poor desperate drones stretching halfway up the block.

??

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm really sorry that you don't get to clothe your workers in company sack cloth, house them in company kennels, feed them company protein mush as a substitute for paying wages, and see a line of poor desperate drones stretching halfway up the block.

??
You have zero clue what you are talking about.
Like...None.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I think we can all agree that there's no way Biden can do another term. And I doubt the Dems want to go to bat against Trump with Kamala.

Do they pull Biden from contention in 2024?

Having Trump back in there scares the shit out of me, but I don't know that the GOP has another option.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I think we can all agree that there's no way Biden can do another term. And I doubt the Dems want to go to bat against Trump with Kamala.

Having Trump back in there scares the shit out of me, but I don't know that the GOP has another option.
We can agree that Biden can't do another term....... but the corrupt retard who tried to destroy American democracy itself, who will turn 80 during a possible second term? Yeah why not.

You don't know if the GOP has another option?

How about they choose someone who believes in and wants to participate in a fucking democracy? These cunts - as a unified party - can't even clear that bar, but you're still giving them a pass because....... what's so horrific about these generic, centre-right corporatist Dems?

The thing is, there ARE valid concerns about Biden's health.

The piece of shit heading the other side is such a clear and present danger to democracy itself, that Jimmy Carter would be a better alternative in 2024.

??

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
You’re acting like this is a new thing. We have been watching it happen for years… and Biden is only 9 months deep.

Trump had a 300+ day streak of not answering any press reporter questions.. where was your outrage during those ten months off this?

Last edited:

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016

Didn’t you say that about his first term? Or the first 6 months of his first term more specifically?

I don’t think Biden plans to run again, he has made that clear, has he not?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Didn’t you say that about his first term? Or the first 6 months of his first term more specifically?

No, he hasn't made that clear. He has alluded to it, but it would be political suicide to say it flat out. The second he does, he becomes a lame duck.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Hey Hauler @Hauler - I can post drunk icons on your posts aaaaaaall day long too, you know. It's easiest when I can't actually say anything to defend my own blatant and obvious hypocrisy. ?

??

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
We can agree that Biden can't do another term....... but the corrupt retard who tried to destroy American democracy itself, who will turn 80 during a possible second term? Yeah why not.

You don't know if the GOP has another option?

How about they choose someone who believes in and wants to participate in a fucking democracy? These cunts - as a unified party - can't even clear that bar, but you're still giving them a pass because....... what's so horrific about these generic, centre-right corporatist Dems?

The thing is, there ARE valid concerns about Biden's health.

The piece of shit heading the other side is such a clear and present danger to democracy itself, that Jimmy Carter would be a better alternative in 2024.

??
How the hell do you get ""I'll give them a pass" from "scares the shit out of me" ???

I'm basically saying nobody in the GOP will want to take him on. Trump has a very polarizing base.

GOP's situation is no better than the Dems, IMO.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

I didn't know he alluded to it.

And yes, I predicted he wouldn't make it a year.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
How the hell do you get ""I'll give them a pass" from "scares the shit out of me" ???

I'm basically saying nobody in the GOP will want to take him on. Trump has a very polarizing base.

GOP's situation is no better than the Dems, IMO.
Trump "scares the shit" out of you........ just not as much as cookie-cutter centre-right corporate Dems Biden and Harris, who both fit pretty comfortably into the Conservative party in most Western nations.

Two-thirds of registered Republicans now believe that the election was stolen from Trump, who was the rightful winner.

This is pure fantasy. But it's the message from the top of the GOP. NOTHING that Biden or Harris or the Dems are doing is as dangerous or as flat out un-American as that. That's just the truth, which is why you can't respond to it with anything other than emoticons. American democracy is in the ICU on a ventilator, and you are still bleating about the whole thing being no worse than the regular flu that we see every year.

??