Society The Joseph R Biden Show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Why does he need to go under anesthesia for a "routine" colonoscopy?

Fletch was able to sing "Moon River" during his procedure and his doctor was using the whole fist.

RIP Joe
Not everyone is used to taking a big pipe up their ass like you are....

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not everyone is used to taking a big pipe up their ass like you are....

Funny enough Trump is rumored to have undergone colonoscopy with no sedation as to not give up the power.

I had to look it up to make sure we weren't referring to Trump as Fletch at this point

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Funny enough Trump is rumored to have undergone colonoscopy with no sedation as to not give up the power.

I had to look it up to make sure we weren't referring to Trump as Fletch at this point
Some people are nuts.

I was in a surgery the other day where the patient only had very very mild sedation (he was talking coherently throughout) and local anesthetic for a ureteroscopy.

Insanity.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Some people are nuts.

I was in a surgery the other day where the patient only had very very mild sedation (he was talking coherently throughout) and local anesthetic for a ureteroscopy.

Insanity.
For most patients you could get your colonoscopy done with something like fentanyl and versed. This could be done in outpatient setting for pretty cheap. The greed and economics of medicine make it such that colonoscopies have moved into the hospital and then the FDA warnings on propofol have added anesthesiologist instead of sedation nurses.
So now you do your colonoscopies with propofol a GI doctor and an anesthesiologist all in a hospital suite that gets to Bill facility fees even though you don't really need it.

The other end of the spectrum is the patient I saw in residency that absolutely refused all sedation and took a scope all the way to the terminal ileum while watching it on the screen. One technique to advancing the scope is to use a high pressure waters jet and just drive forward It really lets you get through the sigmoid. I just can't imagine the sensation of having a foot of scope up my behind while a powerful water jet is blowing up my sigmoid And the doc is regularly expanding me with air.

To his credit he took it like a champ and honestly probably didn't need the sedation as he was quite interested in watching the colonoscopy anyways.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
For most patients you could get your colonoscopy done with something like fentanyl and versed. This could be done in outpatient setting for pretty cheap. The greed and economics of medicine make it such that colonoscopies have moved into the hospital and then the FDA warnings on propofol have added anesthesiologist instead of sedation nurses.
So now you do your colonoscopies with propofol a GI doctor and an anesthesiologist all in a hospital suite that gets to Bill facility fees even though you don't really need it.

The other end of the spectrum is the patient I saw in residency that absolutely refused all sedation and took a scope all the way to the terminal ilium while watching it on the screen. One technique to advancing the scope is to use a high pressure waters jet and just drive forward It really lets you get through the sigmoid. I just can't imagine the sensation of having a foot of scope up my behind while a powerful water jet is blowing up my sigmoid And the doc is regularly expanding me with air.

To his credit he took it like a champ and honestly probably didn't need the sedation as he was quite interested in watching the colonoscopy anyways.

Fentanyl you say…

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
A convicted Russian agent who was recently freed from US prison says her new seat in Russia’s parliament is ‘not a reward’
  • A convicted Russian agent who was jailed in the US denied her new seat in Russia’s parliament is a gift.
  • “It’s not a reward,” Maria Butina told NYT. “I wasn’t a spy. I wasn’t working for the government. I was just a civilian.”
  • Butina pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy in 2018 and admitted to acting as an unregistered foreign agent.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The other end of the spectrum is the patient I saw in residency that absolutely refused all sedation and took a scope all the way to the terminal ileum while watching it on the screen. One technique to advancing the scope is to use a high pressure waters jet and just drive forward It really lets you get through the sigmoid. I just can't imagine the sensation of having a foot of scope up my behind while a powerful water jet is blowing up my sigmoid And the doc is regularly expanding me with air.

To his credit he took it like a champ and honestly probably didn't need the sedation as he was quite interested in watching the colonoscopy anyways
There's a boner joke in here somewhere, but I don't know if I should apply it to you or the patient.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Arizona man convicted after threatening Pelosi with ‘I’m coming to kill you’ message
Steven Arthur Martis, 77, left two voicemails at the Speaker’s office in which he made threats. The FBI had warned him about a past call.