Society The Joseph R Biden Show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Pres Biden's approval-disapproval-no opinion polling is at 33-57-11 percent.

worst approval-disapproval-no opinion rating IN US HISTORY?

Harry S Truman in 1952:
32-56-12
And that's with the media still taking it easy on him. I don't know how anyone can look at what's going on and say, "Good job, Joe"

Clusterfuck.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
A Democrat won a US House seat this week with 79 percent of the vote. Her GOP opponent has not conceded.
She won 79 percent of the vote over Republican Jason Mariner, who was born in Boston and founded a drug and alcohol detox center in Florida. Mariner got less than 20 percent of the vote and trails Cherfilus-McCormick by over 32,000 votes. For context, Biden beat Trump statewide in Georgia by 11,000 votes.

“Now they called the race, I did not win, so they say, but that does not mean that they lost either, it does not mean that we lost,” Mariner was quoted by the Miami CBS affiliate as saying.

He said he will file a lawsuit. Election officials say it takes 14 days to certify the results. Mariner, then, has 10 days to challenge them.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Sen. Mitt Romney says the Republican National Committee 'would be nuts' to block GOP candidates from participating in presidential debates
  • The RNC is preparing to ban future GOP presidential candidates from participating in debates.
  • Sen. Mitt Romney blasted the plan, telling Insider that it's "nuts."
  • "The American people want to see candidates for president debating issues of consequence to them," he said.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
A Democrat won a US House seat this week with 79 percent of the vote. Her GOP opponent has not conceded.
She won 79 percent of the vote over Republican Jason Mariner, who was born in Boston and founded a drug and alcohol detox center in Florida. Mariner got less than 20 percent of the vote and trails Cherfilus-McCormick by over 32,000 votes. For context, Biden beat Trump statewide in Georgia by 11,000 votes.

“Now they called the race, I did not win, so they say, but that does not mean that they lost either, it does not mean that we lost,” Mariner was quoted by the Miami CBS affiliate as saying.

He said he will file a lawsuit. Election officials say it takes 14 days to certify the results. Mariner, then, has 10 days to challenge them.
It's Florida.
It's entirely possible they fucked up the counts.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Let’s stay on topic here… how do you feel about the RNC blocking debates?
Debates are important and it would be a shame if they are cancelled. Moderators should be bi-partisan and questions should be fair. I don't know how you achieve that in today's climate. Maybe stop using members of the media as moderators?

Full disclosure - I don't know all the details of why the RNC is making this stand. I don't know if their reasoning is justified or if they are just being crybaby politicians, using this as a way to leverage against other concessions.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Debates are important and it would be a shame if they are cancelled. Moderators should be bi-partisan and questions should be fair. I don't know how you achieve that in today's climate. Maybe stop using members of the media as moderators?

Full disclosure - I don't know all the details of why the RNC is making this stand. I don't know if their reasoning is justified or if they are just being crybaby politicians, using this as a way to leverage against other concessions.
“Moderators should be bi-partisan and questions should be fair. I don't know how you achieve that in today's climate.”

it appears that this is the core of the RNCs argument and the left is spinning it to call them nazis. Par For the course.

"The RNC has a duty to ensure that its future presidential nominees have the opportunity to debate their opponents on a level playing field," RNC chair Ronna McDaniel writes in the letter. "So long as the CPD appears intent on stonewalling the meaningful reforms necessary to restore its credibility with the Republican Party as a fair and nonpartisan actor, the RNC will take every step to ensure that future Republican presidential nominees are given that opportunity elsewhere."

“Conservatives welcomed the RNC's threat against the debate commission as critics on the right have long accused the institution of being outdated and having a political bias.”

Liberal media panics about no debates in 2024 as RNC feuds with Commission on Presidential Debates