General The Supreme Court has overturned Roe vs Wade.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Approve of federally-protected access to legal abortion being overturned?

• Yes, it's murder

• No, it's a woman's right to choose

• But what about Hunter Biiiiiiiiiiiiiden

Results are only viewable after voting.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Haven't heard many complaints of "activist judges" in the last few days. I remember that being a very common phrase back when the SCOTUS was handing down decisions about gay marriage and the like.

??

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Was just reading about a short lived show on ABC that was meant to be a sketch comedy show like SNL.

Larry David was on the show as well as some other great comedy talent. Julia Louis Dreyfus, Michael Richards.

Anyways, the article has examples of the show's sketches, and these caught my eye.

• The US Founding Fathers worrying that the Second Amendment ("The Right to Bear Arms") will be abused in the future while ignoring suggestions for amendments granting equal rights to women and African-Americans;
  • A variety show run by the Moral Majority featuring a magician that makes minorities disappear, a top ten list of things the Moral Majority hate, and a punk band performing bowdlerized hits for conservatives ("The Moral Majority Comedy Hour")

M

member 1013

Most often in Jewish sacred literature, a fetus in the womb is considered a human life “under construction.” The soul is usually described as arriving when the first breath of life is taken at birth. The primary Jewish imagery for the beginning of life comes from Genesis 1:2, where breath hovers above the waters of earth before life emerges from that cosmic womb. Then, in Genesis 2:7, after the body of Adam is fashioned from the clay of the earth, G*d is described as breathing life into him. These stories frame the basis for the Jewish view that the fetus gains full human rights and status only once the baby’s head has emerged from the birth canal [Ohalot 7:6].

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Most often in Jewish sacred literature, a fetus in the womb is considered a human life “under construction.” The soul is usually described as arriving when the first breath of life is taken at birth. The primary Jewish imagery for the beginning of life comes from Genesis 1:2, where breath hovers above the waters of earth before life emerges from that cosmic womb. Then, in Genesis 2:7, after the body of Adam is fashioned from the clay of the earth, G*d is described as breathing life into him. These stories frame the basis for the Jewish view that the fetus gains full human rights and status only once the baby’s head has emerged from the birth canal [Ohalot 7:6].
Hey cmnh, nice to see you back

Im surprised that you know that so well, considering all the anti-semetic PMs you sent me over the years

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Haven't heard many complaints of "activist judges" in the last few days. I remember that being a very common phrase back when the SCOTUS was handing down decisions about gay marriage and the like.

??
i see you don't understand what was meant by "activist judge".

it means a judge who creates law, in these decisions the justices are doing the opposite of that...they're dismantling the (in their view) illegitimate laws that prior courts created and putting the onus back on state and federal legislators to create laws.

That will require compromise and middle-seeking, which plays against the divisive media and makes it harder for legislators to get elected on promises to the fringe.

Body Autonomy and Privacy rights require a legislative solution, at the State and Federal level, in accordance with the Constitution