The Sweet Science-Boxing Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Barry_BondsMVP

VatosLocos4Ever
Mar 3, 2015
Polish Border Guard Major Jacek Michałowski has explained that the use of handcuffs against Ukrainian boxer Oleksandr Usyk at the airport in Kraków was not a detention but a precautionary measure. They were later removed immediately.

Source: European Pravda with reference to Polish news portal Dziennik Polski

Details: Michałowski said that Usyk and another man were withdrawn from the flight, and as a result, they lost their passenger status. He said that the men did not want to go to the gate when airport security called for them.

"They did not want to go to the gate when called by the airport security service, so we were called to deal with this issue," he added.

The border guard reported that the use of handcuffs was due to the men's excessive gestures.

"The handcuffing was related to the gentleman's posture; both men were gesticulating a lot because they were unhappy that they missed their flight. Therefore, the handcuffing was a completely precautionary measure; in the office, the handcuffs were removed immediately," explained Michałowski.

After Usyk was transferred to the office, the handcuffs were immediately removed.

Background:

• Boxer Oleksandr Usyk was detained at Kraków airport. Later, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that Usyk had been released.
  • Earlier, Zelenskyy had written that he had a phone conversation with the detained boxer.
  • Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha considers the measures taken by Polish law enforcement officers against Usyk at Kraków airport to be "disproportionate and unacceptable" and will send a note to the Polish side.
  • Usyk himself commented on the incident, and the director of the Ukrainian boxer's team, Serhii Lapin, explained that the detention was due to the customs control service, which had neglected its duties.

Barry_BondsMVP

VatosLocos4Ever
Mar 3, 2015
Boxing schedule for tonight and tomorrow.

Sept. 20: Glendale, Arizona (ESPN/ESPN+)
  • Jaime Munguia vs. Erik Bazinyan, 12 rounds, super middleweights
  • Richard Torrez Jr. vs. Joey Dawejko, 8 rounds, heavyweights
  • Emiliano Vargas vs. Larry Fryers, 8 rounds, junior welterweights
  • Charly Suarez vs. Jorge Castaneda, 10 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Alan Garcia vs. TBA, 8 rounds, lightweights
  • DJ Zamora vs. Gerardo Perez, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Steven Navarro vs. Oscar Arroyo, 6 rounds, junior bantamweights
  • Jorge Garcia vs. Ilias Essaoudi, 10 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Art Barrera Jr. vs. Frank Brown, 6 rounds, welterweights
  • Sebastian Hernandez vs. Yonfrez Parejo, 8 rounds, junior featherweights
Sept. 20: Dublin, Ireland (UFC Fight Pass)
  • Callum Walsh vs. Przemyslaw Runowski, 10 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Ali Akhmedov vs. Pierre Hubert Dibombe, 10 rounds, super middleweights
  • Craig O'Brien vs. Edward Donovan, 8 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Thomas Carty vs. Jacek Chruslicki, 8 rounds, heavyweights
  • Emmet Brennan vs. Kevin Cronin, 6 rounds, light heavyweights
  • Shauna O'Keeffe vs. Valgerdur Gudsteinsdottir, 6 rounds, women's lightweights
Sept. 20: Ontario, Canada
  • Sukhdeep Singh Bhatti vs. Lukasz Maciec, 10 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Melinda Watpool vs. Natasha Spence, 10 rounds, women's middleweights
  • Evan Gillard vs. Matias Alejandro Medina, 6 rounds, flyweights
  • Kyle McLaughlin vs. Fernando Bravo, 6 rounds, welterweights
  • Milad Zareian vs. Hubert Krasuski, 4 rounds, cruiserweights
Sept. 21: London (DAZN PPV)
  • Title fight: Daniel Dubois vs. Anthony Joshua, 12 rounds, for Dubois' IBF heavyweight title - Bradley's take -- How Joshua can beat his younger self in Dubois boxing match
  • Liam Smith vs. Josh Kelly, 12 rounds, middleweights
  • Joshua Buatsi vs. Willy Hutchinson, 12 rounds, for the vacant WBO interim light heavyweight title
  • Title fight: Anthony Cacace vs. Josh Warrington, 12 rounds, for Cacace's IBF junior lightweight title
  • Hamzah Sheeraz vs. Tyler Denny, 12 rounds, middleweights
  • Mark Chamberlain vs. Josh Padley, 12 rounds, lightweights
Sept. 21: Laval, Quebec, Canada
  • Jean Pascal vs. Terry Osias, 10 rounds, cruiserweights
  • Derek Pomerleau vs. Mponda Kalunga, 10 rounds, middleweights
  • Serge Ntetu vs. Guillaume Gosselin, 4 rounds, welterweights
  • Petar Gavrilovic vs. Dany Mallette, 4 rounds, light heavyweights
  • Yoan Trottier vs. Simon Risler, 4 rounds, welterweights
  • Yohan Lainesse vs. Hubert Poulin, 4 rounds, light heavyweights
  • David Canuel vs. Carl Demontigny, 4 rounds, junior middleweights

Barry_BondsMVP

VatosLocos4Ever
Mar 3, 2015
Gervonta Davis vs Lamont Roach is reportedly now the frontrunner for Tank’s next fight in November/December, with Jose ‘Rayo’ Valenzuela also a possibility. [According to @MikeCoppinger]

Barry_BondsMVP

VatosLocos4Ever
Mar 3, 2015
ANNOUNCED: Jaron 'Boots' Ennis will defend his IBF welterweight world title in a rematch vs Karen Chukhadzhian and Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez will defend his WBC super-flyweight world title vs Pedro Guevara on Nov 9th in Philadelphia.

DY3

Aug 14, 2024
How is it going fellas? Big fight tomorrow.

I decided to take a bit of time apart from both new UGs and I just got kind of used to it. The destruction of the old UG broke my pattern, and I realized I kind of liked the pattern being broken. lol I think I will take a few more weeks away. Though I am signed up to both, and may start back up sooner, or later.

Good competitive fights tomorrow. Not huge names, but solid match ups. Should be a good card.

Eddie Hearn and Ben Shalom got into it today. Eddie threatened to knock him out. lol Must be the Fresno coming out in him!

Boxing has a quiet spell, but now coming we have;

AJ vs Dubois
Beterbiev vs Bivol
Fury vs Usyk II

Good stuff!

Barry I read you don't dig the other place because of racism/low B.S. I feel you. The way to do it is just to sub to a handful of cool threads that have cool people. Boxing/49-ers/Election/boxing game/whatever.

Oh, yeah, the boxing game finally comes out. lol Next month. Oh ye of little faith! Gees it has been a while. I remember I first told you about that game in the same month as Canelo vs BJS. Finally.

Oh, did you see Dana is getting into boxing. Dana+Turki are creating a contender series for boxing. 5 round fights on a week day evening. Might be the start of Dana/Turki in boxing, rather than an end.

Nutcase His Excellency has been getting more and more aggro on Twitter. lol After his insulting of LA, he has been getting into it with known sweethearts, like Jake Donovan.

1726868220578.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWZBspcUpf8&pp=ygUKYmVuIHNoYWxvbQ%3D%3D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyGh71qg5rY&pp=ygUKYmVuIHNoYWxvbQ%3D%3D

Barry_BondsMVP

VatosLocos4Ever
Mar 3, 2015
How is it going fellas? Big fight tomorrow.

I decided to take a bit of time apart from both new UGs and I just got kind of used to it. The destruction of the old UG broke my pattern, and I realized I kind of liked the pattern being broken. lol I think I will take a few more weeks away. Though I am signed up to both, and may start back up sooner, or later.

Good competitive fights tomorrow. Not huge names, but solid match ups. Should be a good card.

Eddie Hearn and Ben Shalom got into it today. Eddie threatened to knock him out. lol Must be the Fresno coming out in him!

Boxing has a quiet spell, but now coming we have;

AJ vs Dubois
Beterbiev vs Bivol
Fury vs Usyk II

Good stuff!

Barry I read you don't dig the other place because of racism/low B.S. I feel you. The way to do it is just to sub to a handful of cool threads that have cool people. Boxing/49-ers/Election/boxing game/whatever.

Oh, yeah, the boxing game finally comes out. lol Next month. Oh ye of little faith! Gees it has been a while. I remember I first told you about that game in the same month as Canelo vs BJS. Finally.

Oh, did you see Dana is getting into boxing. Dana+Turki are creating a contender series for boxing. 5 round fights on a week day evening. Might be the start of Dana/Turki in boxing, rather than an end.

Nutcase His Excellency has been getting more and more aggro on Twitter. lol After his insulting of LA, he has been getting into it with known sweethearts, like Jake Donovan.

View attachment 120484

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWZBspcUpf8&pp=ygUKYmVuIHNoYWxvbQ%3D%3D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyGh71qg5rY&pp=ygUKYmVuIHNoYWxvbQ%3D%3D
you know I could always use my vice president here. You are missed. Even when you talk shit about my favorites lol.

Barry_BondsMVP

VatosLocos4Ever
Mar 3, 2015
From Berlanga

You a hater and we made history once again @OscarDeLaHoya get off our D please and go sign some fighters dude. You miserable little sack of 💩💩💩

Barry_BondsMVP

VatosLocos4Ever
Mar 3, 2015
I mean I rather have more active fighters for season mode… give me like 12 fighters from each division and then worry about the HOF’ers. That’s just me though

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I mean I rather have more active fighters for season mode… give me like 12 fighters from each division and then worry about the HOF’ers. That’s just me though
I'd be fucked off if I gave my likeness to a game and they made me into the shittest fighter.

Same with FIFA and other sports games.