Lifestyle TMMAC Fishing Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don’t know if we have one or not. If we do, let me know and I’ll delete this one. But we need one. Been posting my fishing stuff in the Great Outdoors thread. Would prefer not to hijack that one anymore.

I plan to do a lot of fishing this fall. In March, my wife and I bought a lot on an 81 acre private lake, that my parents lived on 30 years ago. We bought it just to have access to the lake. There’s 30-35 houses on it, the lake entrance is gated, and the lake is LOADED with big bluegill, red ear sunfish (shellcrackers), crappie, catfish, and bass.

Here’s some of my catches this year.

IMG_6303.jpegIMG_6306.jpegIMG_6309.jpegIMG_6379.jpeg

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
you bought a lake and 35 house? forum business must be good lol

vad

Custom title
Jun 24, 2022
I can barely even call myself a fisherman anymore. My life is in shambles.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I can barely even call myself a fisherman anymore. My life is in shambles.
Well if you ever want to make a trip to southern Indiana, consider this an open invitation to spend the day with me. Most likely, we'll be the only one's out there & we'll tear them a new ass.

vad

Custom title
Jun 24, 2022
Maybe one day, that would be cool. Pretty far from me though.

I did get out yesterday and got into some smallies, I shared a couple pics yesterday.

This spring I had to sell my boat, my baby. God it hurts. I took some of the money from that sale and bought two kayaks, one a Hobie Pro Angler to use on bigger water, rigged up with a pretty decent fish finder. Then I also got a Nucanoe for the river and for tossing and dragging around into the rougher areas. Enjoying it. Its been sort of like learning how to fish all over again, but I have been getting results. In my boat I was pretty much just fishing walleye every day. Now I have been just fishing for anything and everything, which is fun in its own way.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I thought the thread title read "fisting".

Fuck this shit, I'm outta here.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Maybe one day, that would be cool. Pretty far from me though.

I did get out yesterday and got into some smallies, I shared a couple pics yesterday.

This spring I had to sell my boat, my baby. God it hurts. I took some of the money from that sale and bought two kayaks, one a Hobie Pro Angler to use on bigger water, rigged up with a pretty decent fish finder. Then I also got a Nucanoe for the river and for tossing and dragging around into the rougher areas. Enjoying it. Its been sort of like learning how to fish all over again, but I have been getting results. In my boat I was pretty much just fishing walleye every day. Now I have been just fishing for anything and everything, which is fun in its own way.
Sucks to hear you had to sell your boat man. I hope there comes a time when you're able to get a new one.

I just got one when we bought this lot. It’s a 14 ft flat bottom. Got it and the trailer for $900. The fishing deck was rotted out, so I built a new one. Covered it with marine carpet. Added a foot controlled Minkota & a seat. It’s not great but it works for what I need.

IMG_6183.jpegIMG_6186.jpeg

Also bought this little pontoon and trailer that came with it

IMG_6034.jpeg

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
vad @vad - I had a fishing kayak. A 14 ft Old Towne Sportsman and I sold it. Fucker was sooooo heavy lol. But they are freakin nice when set up properly.

vad

Custom title
Jun 24, 2022
Bought it after my dad died. Dreamed I'd have it my whole life but then our money became worthless and I couldn't justify it anymore.

vad

Custom title
Jun 24, 2022
vad @vad - I had a fishing kayak. A 14 ft Old Towne Sportsman and I sold it. Fucker was sooooo heavy lol. But they are freakin nice when set up properly.
Yeah. My Hobie is 150lbs. The Nucanoe is 80 and a bit more manageable.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Bought it after my dad died. Dreamed I'd have it my whole life but then our money became worthless and I couldn't justify it anymore.
Is buying a cheaper one an option? Like mine...$900 for the boat & trailer on Facebook Marketplace, and I've probably put another $750 in it for materials to build the deck, the marine carpet, trolling motor, solar panel to charge battery, and fish finder (that I never installed). So $1650 all-in and you could fix it up at your leisure. Not sure if that's an option if you need a motor (I see you had one on yours). I dont need one...I just use the trolling motor.

vad

Custom title
Jun 24, 2022
Nah. Nothing would really match the boat I had for what I like to do nor would it bring an advantage over the kayaks. I'll hopefully sell the Hobie, as much as I don't hope it does. But the Nucanoe will do anything a small boat can do.