General Travels and Trips

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
In Paris try and have a meal in this place

It's a wonderful secret. We used to go there BC and children for a day trip and stay over if we felt like it. The steak of lamb leg are signature dishes but the on the day specials are also excellent.

You could easy do a day trip to London for a day. You'd need to get the Eurostar.

Get the 0831 from Gare du Nord and that plops you out at Kings Cross at 1000. I've booked you down for Friday 3rd June. It's the start of The Queens Platinum Jubilee weekend and there will be loads on all weekend.

Once you've had your fill get back to Kings Cross for the 2001 train and that excretes you back into the Gare du Nord at 2324. Cost is 278..23 dollar.

Avoid Brussels. It's really lame.
Thanks. I've been hearing tell of this jubilee. What does it mean? She gets out in front of Buckingham and does the stanky leg for the the rabble? I've been to London before, but would love to go back as I liked it a lot. Home team bias aside, is returning the best bang for my buck and time? Anyplace else on continent I should check out? Q @Qat

Last edited:

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Thanks. I've been hearing tell of this jubilee. What does it mean? She gets out in front of Buckingham and does the stanky leg for the the rabble? I've been to London before, but would love to go back as I liked it a lot. Home team bias aside, is returning the best bang for my buck and time? Anyplace else on continent I should check out? Q @Qat

Jubilee will involve all sorts of things. Free concerts and entertainment etc.

If you've been London den go Amsterdam innit.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Mate this isn't a thread for you to shitspam your low-key attempts at humble bragging.
How pathetic is his/her existence that "going to bumfuck IA" is a humble brag?

FFS.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I suppose I'm too late for this. Didn't get the alert.
Personally I'd go for Geneva from those choices, for access to a nice lake and mountains and an interesting city to boot. Really depends what you wanna do tho.

If you've never been Amsterdam is nice of course, Belgium is meh imo.

German cities seem often overlooked coz we are pretty decentralized, so you'd need much more time than a day trip to even get a glimpse. But there are interesting cities and nature everywhere.

Trying to think like an American now you maybe have Hamburg, Cologne, Berlin, Munich, the alps on your mind or so.
So I'd have another suggestion: Dresden and a little Leipzig. Both are pretty close to each other and yet are quite different. Dresden's historic buildings are absolutely marvelous, and you have the Elbe and fantastic hiking spots nearby.
It's also where Putin lived.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I suppose I'm too late for this. Didn't get the alert.
Personally I'd go for Geneva from those choices, for access to a nice lake and mountains and an interesting city to boot. Really depends what you wanna do tho.

If you've never been Amsterdam is nice of course, Belgium is meh imo.

German cities seem often overlooked coz we are pretty decentralized, so you'd need much more time than a day trip to even get a glimpse. But there are interesting cities and nature everywhere.

Trying to think like an American now you maybe have Hamburg, Cologne, Berlin, Munich, the alps on your mind or so.
So I'd have another suggestion: Dresden and a little Leipzig. Both are pretty close to each other and yet are quite different. Dresden's historic buildings are absolutely marvelous, and you have the Elbe and fantastic hiking spots nearby.
It's also where Putin lived.

Dresden has historic buildings?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Tomorrow I am travelling to the magical land called Nottingham to meet my buddy. It's my joint favourite place in the world. Fucken awesome city, not like this shithole Derby.

I'm meeting his new girlfriend too so I can dress all fancy.