General Tropical Storm/Hurricane Dorian

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Just bought my mom a generator because at the very least she's going to get a ton of rain and her town still hasn't recovered fully from last year's hurricanes.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Water goes first, along with batteries, flashlights, gas canisters, and gasoline. Then canned goods and other non-perishables.

I used to think it was just retards overreacting. Then Hurricane Wilma knocked out every light in my city for 2 weeks. I couldn't drive anywhere because I had no gas in my car.

I'd rather be a retard than let that happen again.
Best case scenario you have too many batteries.better to be prepared than not

M

member 3289

Just bought my mom a generator because at the very least she's going to get a ton of rain and her town still hasn't recovered fully from last year's hurricanes.
We're forecast to get tropical storm force winds.

Tropical storm force winds from Hurricane Irma knocked out power for 3 days in 2017.

M

member 603

Water goes first, along with batteries, flashlights, gas canisters, and gasoline. Then canned goods and other non-perishables.

I used to think it was just retards overreacting. Then Hurricane Wilma knocked out every light in my city for 2 weeks. I couldn't drive anywhere because I had no gas in my car.

I'd rather be a retard than let that happen again.
People don't get this.... Rather have and not need, than need and not have. I always get made fun of for prepping... Until my dumbass friends don't have power like after Irma passed, and needed my help.

I also hate all those people who are like "why don't you all just leave?"... And go where? The same place every other person is driving? Turnpike or 95 North? Hitting all those gas stations, and supply shops, staying in all the same hotels.... Now if I was directly in the crosshairs of the eye of a Cat 5, I'd probably try to lock my place down, then leave, but not on every storm. I don't fuck around with these storms.

M

member 3289

Best case scenario you have too many batteries.better to be prepared than not
I'm gonna sell the $4 pack of AA batteries for $100 to a mother who needs to heat up a bottle if formula for her baby.

#coldhearted

M

member 603

The last few updates are basically: The Bahamas are fucked. Florida could still be fucked. Not sure yet.
Tomorrow morning is either going to be a sigh of relief for Florida.... Or that feeling you get when you're supposed to deliver a speech to a group of potential investors that you forgot about

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Tomorrow morning is either going to be a sigh of relief for Florida.... Or that feeling you get when you're supposed to deliver a speech to a group of potential investors that you forgot about
I just don’t trust any of the paths. Because any change in speed can cause the turn to happen farther west, potentially on land.