General Tropical Storm/Hurricane Dorian

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Being in the eye of a hurricane is the closest thing to the apocalypse that I've ever experienced.

All the angry wind you heard 10 minutes earlier is gone. The skies are calm, there's even a bit of sunshine. But there's this eerie feeling that the worst is yet to come, so you run back inside and 10 minutes later all hell breaks loose.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Being in the eye of a hurricane is the closest thing to the apocalypse that I've ever experienced.

All the angry wind you heard 10 minutes earlier is gone. The skies are calm, there's even a bit of sunshine. But there's this eerie feeling that the worst is yet to come, so you run back inside and 10 minutes later all hell breaks loose.
I have been through many hurricanes myself. Be safe.

M

member 3289

Wild @Wild if you let me pink any one member I want for 3 days I'll sit on my patio and do a TMMAC livestream of the worst winds tomorrow

M

member 603

Slowed down significantly overnight. Waiting for the 8am update.
It's traveling 1 mile an hour.... 1 mile an hour... At this point it's officially a South Florida senior citizen.... Just windy, slow, and doesn't like carribean islanders

Last edited by a moderator:

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015

Live stream from the news has started.

My dad went to work, even though the store is in an evacuation zone. Guess people are going fishing today.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
They’re still looking at hurricane force winds along the coastal counties. I’m not sure I’d be so brave as to go fishing today.

gangsterkathryn @gangsterkathryn and @conor mcgregor nut hugger , are you feeling any weather yet? Looks like some of the bands may be strafing the southern parts of the state. Winds rains etc?

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
It's traveling 1 mile an hour.... 1 mile an hour... At this point it's officially a South Florida senior citizen.... Just windy, slow, and doesn't like carribean islanders
Well at least it means the westward movement is slowing down like they predicted.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
They’re still looking at hurricane force winds along the coastal counties. I’m not sure I’d be so brave as to go fishing today.

gangsterkathryn @gangsterkathryn and @conor mcgregor nut hugger , are you feeling any weather yet? Looks like some of the bands may be strafing the southern parts of the state. Winds rains etc?
Rain intermittently and wind. Probably gonna run over and bring my dad lunch since he can’t leave work, yet.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
The home depots and Lowe’s in our area have stepped their games up. Went to buy a generator this morning and was worried it would be a mad house like usual but they had a bunch left and had it organized to limit hysteria from the customers. Now we’ll be covered should we lose power for long (which is very likely).

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
The home depots and Lowe’s in our area have stepped their games up. Went to buy a generator this morning and was worried it would be a mad house like usual but they had a bunch left and had it organized to limit hysteria from the customers. Now we’ll be covered should we lose power for long (which is very likely).
I was at Home Depot Thursday to pick up the sand and plastic for the store (I ordered it for pick up), and it was madness. Gonna say that store’s management team got their shit together and made a good plan.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I was at Home Depot Thursday to pick up the sand and plastic for the store (I ordered it for pick up), and it was madness. Gonna say that store’s management team got their shit together and made a good plan.
Even the local publix had water rationed out with a store clerk sitting there making sure no one takes more than they’re allowed etc. Seems like some folks are learning from prior experiences.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Even the local publix had water rationed out with a store clerk sitting there making sure no one takes more than they’re allowed etc. Seems like some folks are learning from prior experiences.
My mom went to Costco Friday and she said they had signs everywhere that said “two cases only!” But no one was patrolling. When she got up to the registers, each one had two people. A cashier and a runner. The runners put two cases on the belt and the rest over two on a cart, when it filled, one runner would take the cart back to the pallet, which is on the opposite side of the store.
I think it worked well because if anyone really freaked, managers were right there to shut it down, rather than in the back of the store.

We just stood at the front of my store and asked every customer that came in what brought them in so I could deter customers from looking for everything we didn’t have.