Society Trump just did what?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Taken from the 117 people who showed up to that shit show ???
It was actually 2,200 attendees from what I read.

Fine if you don't like the CPAC straw polling. Here are different statistics from a few days ago from Morning Consult:
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 18-55-13 2024 GOP Primary Election Tracker.png

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
We blaming Trump for the current financial clusterfuck?

Not a huge fan of the guy, but that's a stretch.
He was in favor of closing the economy and then printed the trillion dollars that lead to the current inflation.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
He was in favor of closing the economy and then printed the trillion dollars that lead to the current inflation.
So was everyone else. But he took a ton of shit for wanting to open it back up.

The delay of restarting the economy and all the Covid-Bennies that were continually handed out is what got us to where we are. When people make more money sitting on their ass that's what they'll do. And that's exactly what they did.

I started blowing that trumpet on this site pretty early - and I took a lot of shit for it. But I was proven correct.

Supply was crunched because goods weren't being produced. But people still had money to buy whatever the fuck they wanted. So...prices went up. Supply/Demand 101. And here we are.

Mistakes were made - which isn't very surprising given the idiots that call DC home, but to point the finger at Trump alone is laughable.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
and all the Covid-Bennies that were continually handed out is what got us to where we are.
That was Trump. He bragged at the time about his "biggest, most beautiful spending bill you've ever seen" if he hadn't done that it would have forced a reopening but he didn't.

Mistakes were made - which isn't very surprising given the idiots that call DC home, but to point the finger at Trump alone is laughable
Trump was president. If he wants to claim the wins, he also has to claim the losses. 2020 was a cluster fuck and he was in charge. We haven't even touched his letting the country fall apart during the BLM protests or his "beautiful vaccines". Dude had one of the worst years in presidential history.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That was Trump. He bragged at the time about his "biggest, most beautiful spending bill you've ever seen" if he hadn't done that it would have forced a reopening but he didn't.

Trump was president. If he wants to claim the wins, he also has to claim the losses. 2020 was a cluster fuck and he was in charge. We haven't even touched his letting the country fall apart during the BLM protests or his "beautiful vaccines". Dude had one of the worst years in presidential history.
As I said, mistakes were made.
Most complained he didn't do enough. Or he did too much. Or too soon. Or too late.

Once the (incorrect) decision to shut down the economy was made, you have to make sure folks have funds to stay alive. But it was shut down WAY too long and WAY too much money was handed out. I'd have to go back and see how DC came up with the figures they did - but the amount and longevity is what crushed this economy. Shit - I think some bennies are still turned on. It's a fucking joke.

Most of the decisions should have been made at the state level anyway. The entire clusterfuck was caused by DC making all-encompassing decisions where we treated LA County the same as Bumfuck Wyoming.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
As I said, mistakes were made.
Most complained he didn't do enough. Or he did too much. Or too soon. Or too late.

Once the (incorrect) decision to shut down the economy was made, you have to make sure folks have funds to stay alive. But it was shut down WAY too long and WAY too much money was handed out. I'd have to go back and see how DC came up with the figures they did - but the amount and longevity is what crushed this economy. Shit - I think some bennies are still turned on. It's a fucking joke.

Most of the decisions should have been made at the state level anyway. The entire clusterfuck was caused by DC making all-encompassing decisions where we treated LA County the same as Bumfuck Wyoming.
I agree, none of that negates who was helming the ship at the time. Dude fucked up royally. His record is dog shit, and campaigning on his record is laughable.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I agree, none of that negates who was helming the ship at the time. Dude fucked up royally. His record is dog shit, and campaigning on his record is laughable.
Had he fought the shutdown there would have been an impeachment. That boat wasn't getting turned around.

Hell, he took shit when he said he wouldn't shut it down again after more people started coming down with the sniffles.

The president doesn’t run this country.