UFC 216 Live Discussion - 10/7/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Just think about it, like, Tony is so bad at promotion/so cringe that he gets literally months to think of a promo... Multiple fights, finally he wins the "title" and has his national spotlight, the biggest moment to call out Conor and get that fight

The best he can come up with: "McNugget, you fucking piece of shit, I am going to kick your ass"

Just lol. Remember the UFC on Fox show where all 3 main card fighters - Holloway, Diaz and RDA called out Conor? Each one of them did a much better promo than Tony, even RDA who couldn't speak English.

Think of how epic Nate's promo was on that show, and that's the reason he eventually got the fight when RDA dropped out. "Conor McGregor, you're taking all I worked for motherfucker" etc... These are things the UFC can actually use in promotion. These are soundbites that get played over and over to create hype and make fans want to see these matchups.

Tony goes out there and just has no clue, he is so awkward and strange. Then like I said, at the end of the day, he is far too wild and gets hit flush way too many times by guys nowhere near Conor's level.. Conor would wreck him first and then physically when they actually fight. Tony's cringe worthy awkward promos will have him stuttering when he goes up against Conor, and in the ring, he will get picked off from half the cage away before he even knows what's coming.

Just a shame we have to hear Tony go on for months about how he's the "champion" now because the UFC passes out belts like participation trophies nowadays.

Nov 21, 2015
Conor has wrecked all time great fighters and multiple world champions

Tony is wild and gets hit clean by nearly everyone on the feet. Just like Eddie did. No one had KO'd Eddie before Conor did, and the same thing will happen with Tony. Low level strikers like Lee and Lando rock Tony on the chin with hard, wild shots.. do you not realize how easily Conor will snipe that chin with straight punches? The difference between him and guys like Lee, Lando and others is that when he hits Tony, Tony will go down and not get back up. He is too accurate, whereas the punches Tony is getting dropped and rocked with are wild..

You just don't get what you're looking at, your whole "he hasn't defended a belt" being the reason he would lose to Tony proves it. Style matchup wise Tony is the easiest fight Conor can take. Khabib would be the tough one.
Never said Conor wouldn't win. I said he's not wrecking Tony and he aint.

And he still has never defended a belt

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
Watching the press conference now, Lee is doing everything he can to hold back his tears.

Feel bad for the guy.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Because of memory problems, I usually forget why I don't like people. And after this conference call, I'm a fan of kevin Lee. Came across very real. AnD for the second time in a row, he was confident While respectful of tony

Tony on the other hand lost me. His hyperbole and metaphors are very strange. Not my cup of tea
I've noticed the results always disappear faster than you can read them here and give way to a video. Did that last night after the Bellator too.

Which sucks for those of us that usually skip the events but might care to check out the results after.