Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 08-15-20

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I also thought the stoppage was a bit premature. But I just wanted to see him get punched a few more times ?

Although in the end, it was probably best to save his health and to not have taken unnecessary damage. His leg was toast, it was all going downhill anyway and he was limited enough by the injury that he was going to be a punching bag
Exactly. He had nothing left, but a couple more elbows wouldn’t have hurt my feelings, but it’s good to get them out of there before they take on unneeded damage. I’m not a big fan of guys who have a “thing” or gimmick. He’ll be back, and he’s young, time will tell if he’s elite.

Good performance from Stipe, clinch work was on point, gave D.C fuck all to work with inside and even landed the better strikes on the break a few times.

That poke was deliberate though, no doubt about it, Goddard is a shit ref and shouldn’t be let near a UFC main event.

Cormier looked like he didn’t want to be there a few times throughout the fight, did well to hang on at at he end of the 2nd, would have liked to see him go out on a win but Stipe fought a great fight, deliberate poke aside.

On the money man, he didn’t do that to himself, Chito kicked the leg out from under him, can’t remember which nerve it is but it will fuck you up big time if it’s hit in the right spot.

O’ Malley has no ground game and he has the frame of a 12 year old girl, he is a sniper on the feet but there is no way he gets near the top at 135, he needs to put a bit of muscle on that frame, he’s got no durability.

His song and dance routine afterwards was pathetic as well, guaranteed he gives Vera no credit down the road either, seems like a little prick, was the highlight of the night for me watching him get humbled.

Thats 2 UFC pets in a couple of weeks now that have got put away, was great to watch.
Yep, he needs to get some meat on those bones before he hits elite status. He’s got the talent, but not the vessel at this point. So much for androgen ?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I also thought the stoppage was a bit premature. But I just wanted to see him get punched a few more times ?

Although in the end, it was probably best to save his health and to not have taken unnecessary damage. His leg was toast, it was all going downhill anyway and he was limited enough by the injury that he was going to be a punching bag
This is essentially my thoughts on the stoppage:

He did seemingly go out out for a bit. But he was fine when Herb stepped in and only took a few shots. But his leg was fucked. But if you're stopping it because of his leg, why do the strikes matter? Does that justify that the strike stoppage was early?

I think ultimately it was a good result. Got O'Malley out of there. Left even more controversy on top of the injured leg. It's like when you have the face lose in pro wrestling - you make sure he gets hit with a steel chair while the ref is distracted so he doesn't look weak.