UFC 264 Poirier vs mcgregor- Live Discussion - July 10th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 07-10-21

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
conor looked like a world beater when he was being fed a steady diet of denis severs and diego brandaos
And when he broke the featherweight GOAT's decade-long unbeaten streak by faceplanting him out cold in the centre of the octagon with the first punch he threw.

And when he put on one of the all-time most impressive title-winning performances in the sport's history vs Alvarez.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Actually stoked for this card, if I can stay awake for it. Ironic that main events are at about 4pm on Sunday afternoons here, prelims start about 10am, which is perfect. Except that I'm a night shift worker, so I get home at 8am.

After the early prelims, almost every fight has at least a little interest for me.

Trevor Giles vs Dricus du Plessis - interested to see the man with the most South African name on the planet fight. (Taking the title from former champion Bismarck du Plessis, who took it from Os du Randt). :smile:

Ryan Hall I suspect will lose pretty badly, which sucks.

Niko Price vs Pereira should be fucking nuts. No idea what happens in that one.

Hoping Condit can turn back the clock, don't expect it though.

O'Malley isn't likely to get KOed, which is a shame.

Don't care about this women's fight.

Tuivasa vs Hardy is going to be ugly as fuck. Either they both throw and someone gets sparked out in a sloppy exchange, or they'll play an increasingly slowly paced game of patty cake for 15 minutes.

Like to see Wonderboy put his name in the hat for one last title shot.

And of course, looking forward to seeing either the end or the resurrection of Conor.

??

Last edited:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Actually stoked for this card, if I can stay awake for it. Ironic that main events are at about 4pm on Sunday afternoons here, prelims start about 10am, which is perfect. Except that I'm a night shift worker, so I get home at 8am.

After the early prelims, almost every fight has at least a little interest for me.

Trevor Giles vs Dricus du Plessis - interested to see the man with the most South African name on the planet fight. (Taking the title from former champion Bismarck du Plessis, who took it from Os du Randt). :smile:

Tuivasa vs Hardy is going to be ugly as fuck. Either they both throw and someone gets sparked out in a sloppy exchange, or they'll play an increasingly slowly paced game of patty cake for 15 minutes.

And of course, looking forward to seeing either the end or the resurrection of Conor.

??
Ryan hall is a killing machine

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Start the damn fights!!! I’m in my front yard throwing rolling thunders and my wife just called the cops!!!

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If he can get the fight to the ground, sure.

Otherwise he's just spamming wheel kicks and imanari rolls, which don't get me wrong, I love watching him fight like that..... but that'll only get you so far.

??
Oh he can. And he will. Gonna be some tapping

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

??
The Hall fight could get interesting. Topuira is a future title contender in my opinion, but he is a BJJ black belt himself and I could see him testing the waters with Hall to prove a point.

But yeah, if it stays standing it should be a slaughter.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
The Hall fight could get interesting. Topuira is a future title contender in my opinion, but he is a BJJ black belt himself and I could see him testing the waters with Hall to prove a point.

I'd like to see Hall sub everybody, fight 3x in a year and quickly get to a point where other fighters can't ignore him. But I don't see that happening - I perceive pro MMA to just be sort of a box-checking exercise for him. I mean he's 36, so he's already out of time.

Topuira is legit, huh? I know absolutely nothing about him.

??

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

When hall was on tuf my coworker who trained at alliance in san Diego told me to watch out for him. Then he shook my shoulder and said I'm fucken serious dude, this guy smokes all the black belts down there. He had a look in his eye something fierce. The rest they say is history.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I'd like to see Hall sub everybody, fight 3x in a year and quickly get to a point where other fighters can't ignore him. But I don't see that happening - I perceive pro MMA to just be sort of a box-checking exercise for him. I mean he's 36, so he's already out of time.

Topuira is legit, huh? I know absolutely nothing about him.

??
Check him out. He’s awesome. Skilled in ever facet. Probably my favourite new fighter.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Check him out. He’s awesome. Skilled in ever facet. Probably my favourite new fighter.
Well, he'll have a chance to impress me today, if I can stay awake. :smile:

Which is unlikely, since I have a bad cold and I'm fucking exhausted before I've even finished my shift, let alone gotten home.

??

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Well, he'll have a chance to impress me today, if I can stay awake. :smile:

Which is unlikely, since I have a bad cold and I'm fucking exhausted before I've even finished my shift, let alone gotten home.

??
Sounds like the new Zealand variant of herpes to me.