UFC 264 Poirier vs mcgregor- Live Discussion - July 10th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 07-10-21

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Conor hit Dustin with body shots, leg kicks and left straights. Dustin's GNP was from full guard and a lot of his shots did not land cleanly, and also got hit with some elbows himself. He was also using a lot of energy which could have worked against him later.

As soon as they got back up, Conor was throwing big shots trying to KO Dustin. lol that means Conor was never hurt from that over exaggerated GNP.

The first round didn't justify the ending being "definitive". Conor was never close to getting finished before the leg break.
It was scored a 10-8 round.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
[
Add Mendez to that list
Also how about Chad Mendes? Busting Conor up in the first and then he gets finished in the second.

He was getting worked in that one too. Poirier was definitely in control at the end of the round but so say McGregor was finished is negligent. I think Poirier was on his way to an another stoppage win, but anything can happen in MMA. It just lacks a definitive conclusion, like Andy vs Weidman 2. Poirier is off to greener pastures now and it’s possible that we might see them run it back in the future, especially if it proves lucrative.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It was scored a 10-8 round.
Since when are we taking the judges word as gospel?
I think they scored it thinking Dustin scored a knockdown when Conor broke his leg.
How long after the round ended was the fight called?

Were the cards even turned in? Was the ink even dry? Had pens actually hit paper?

I think the scorecards may have been filled out after the stoppage.

I don't think these cards mean anything, and I don't even know what this post is supposed to mean.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Since when are we taking the judges word as gospel?
No one seems to want to believe their eyes, so I'm looking to other sources.

You guys are arguing with someone who had bet money on Conor that he was in the fight. He wasn't. I knew 2 minutes into the fight I'd pissed my money down the toilet. Everytime Conor loses there's a litany of excuses, none of them ever his fault. This time "Well, his leg broke." Last time "Well, he didn't have a proper camp." When Khabib beat him "Oh, another round and he'd have figured him out." Nate? "Nate is 8 feet tall and 463lbs." Everyone on this forum watched the fight and said "How in the fuck did Herb not stop that?" but when the round ended it miraculously became a close fight that Conor was just about to turn around. Sooner or later people just need to come to grips with reality. Conor has a losing record since he beat Aldo. and he's lost 3 of his last 4.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
How long after the round ended was the fight called?

Were the cards even turned in? Was the ink even dry? Had pens actually hit paper?

I think the scorecards may have been filled out after the stoppage.

I don't think these cards mean anything, and I don't even know what this post is supposed to mean.
It was at least 30 seconds afterwards. They only get a minute between rounds and it’s possible they tallied their score prior to knowing of the ankle break. Doesn’t really matter at this point, just acknowledging the possibility.

No one seems to want to believe their eyes, so I'm looking to other sources.

You guys are arguing with someone who had bet money on Conor that he was in the fight. He wasn't. I knew 2 minutes into the fight I'd pissed my money down the toilet. Everytime Conor loses there's a litany of excuses, none of them ever his fault. This time "Well, his leg broke." Last time "Well, he didn't have a proper camp." When Khabib beat him "Oh, another round and he'd have figured him out." Nate? "Nate is 8 feet tall and 463lbs." Everyone on this forum watched the fight and said "How in the fuck did Herb not stop that?" but when the round ended it miraculously became a close fight that Conor was just about to turn around. Sooner or later people just need to come to grips with reality. Conor has a losing record since he beat Aldo. and he's lost 3 of his last 4.
I’m not really arguing the fact that he got worked in that first round. Like I said, my legally bought and paid for PPV cut out after the first minute and came back with a minute and a half left, so I am speaking on hearsay. I’m just saying that if there had been a second round, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Conor gets a KO. I wanted to see more. So why don’t we let bygones be bygones or you can respectfully kiss my whole asshole.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Conor disappointed many of us that night.
I hear ya.
I watched the first minute and thought, “Oh shit, homeboy is bringing it, but for how long?” Feed drops and comes back at a minute and a half left and he’s on his back throwing upkicks...and boom, busted wheel.