UFC Fight Night 89 Discussion - June 18, 2016

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Fans were gettin' a little antsy waitin' for the log rollin' event after the fight I expect.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If Rory was really at his best, just speaks more about wonderboy being a difficult fight that shows up in the ring more than the TV.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I didn't see the fight but I hope Rory didn't hold back anything not wantin' to hurt a fellow Scotsman.

PrideRules

Pride Never Die!!!
Oct 20, 2015
Ive never heard of venmo before
Please give me a day to setup paypal. Heading out right now with family for fathers day.

Venmo is app on phone for money transfer. I think its a subsidiary company of paypal and its linked with facebook.

You called that one. Im gonna think twice before going against you on the next one.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Props to Wonderboy ending Rory's gameplan. Secures his place as a contender for the title

EyeAmYuki

Posting Machine
Nov 4, 2015
Does this show how much more important movement is over actual wrestling skills in regards to takedown defence?

No doubt but it really didn't seem like his plan was the best for Wondervoy. I think they could have worked out a bit of a better plan IMO (lying in bed as a stupid know it all fan of course)
When people are trying to steal my shit my rolls are reserved for emergency...I try to utilise fists and kicks first.

I agree wholeheartedly

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
No doubt but it really didn't seem like his plan was the best for Wondervoy. I think they could have worked out a bit of a better plan IMO (lying in bed as a stupid know it all fan of course)
I don't think so. Rory's takedowns aren't the best, he can't cover distance like Wonderboy, the only place he had parity was in the clinch, but Wonderboy is great at creating space. Tough stylistic match up for Rory. Doesn't help that he was coming off nearly a year lay off, and a savage beating.