Cinema Watchmen tv series coming to HBO

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
anyone see it through? haven't posted much about it because I'm usually behind.

still haven't watched the finale, plan on it tonight.

highly underrated & taking undeserved amount of shit.
Great series.
I won't spoil anything but I'm interested to see where the next season goes given the finale.
I might struggle with it depending on the direction.

I'd like to hear some opinions on the end.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Also, for those who want to dive deeper on the show Craig Mazin (HBO's Chernobyl) and Executive Producer and writer Damon
Lindelhof have a podcast where they discuss the show, The Official Watchmen Podcast.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Great series.
I won't spoil anything but I'm interested to see where the next season goes given the finale.
I might struggle with it depending on the direction.

I'd like to hear some opinions on the end.
I will be back after tonight (I have a good idea what happens, but not 100%).

they did a good job keeping with the original feel of the comic IMHO.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I need to pick it up again, I got a bit lost.

I enjoyed it to begin with but got confused, I probably need to start again.

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Great series. Was very impressed with how much I enjoyed it and how much it felt like a smooth continuation of the book (not necessarily the movie, which is a good thing). I wasn't really a big fan of the Dr. Manhattan episode... probably because I was really looking forward to that one and his storyline fell a little flat for what my expectations were going into it. Also, (small spoiler) I really liked the Ozymandias storyline and it was maybe my favourite part of the show right up until the very end where the guy who has the reactions to catch bullets with his bare hands gets whacked upside the head with a wrench... Those are the only real negatives I had though. Really, really enjoyed the series and look forward to see what they do wth season 2.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Great series. Was very impressed with how much I enjoyed it and how much it felt like a smooth continuation of the book (not necessarily the movie, which is a good thing). I wasn't really a big fan of the Dr. Manhattan episode... probably because I was really looking forward to that one and his storyline fell a little flat for what my expectations were going into it. Also, (small spoiler) I really liked the Ozymandias storyline and it was maybe my favourite part of the show right up until the very end where the guy who has the reactions to catch bullets with his bare hands gets whacked upside the head with a wrench... Those are the only real negatives I had though. Really, really enjoyed the series and look forward to see what they do wth season 2.
agree. I finished a few nights ago.

the Dr. Manhattan character just didn't seem to fit like the rest IMHO, can't really say why, just seem forced. I did enjoy how they played with time though.

Manhattan had no use for humans after the accident. did they ever say why he returned & chose angela?

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
agree. I finished a few nights ago.

the Dr. Manhattan character just didn't seem to fit like the rest IMHO, can't really say why, just seem forced. I did enjoy how they played with time though.

Manhattan had no use for humans after the accident. did they ever say why he returned & chose angela?
Not that I can remember, which was the part that kind of bugged me the most. It just seemed like it was convenient for the story to tie things together but didn't really make sense to me. He was off inventing new life and a new world on Europa after casting off Earth and humanity, and then all of sudden he decides to walk down a street in Vietnam and go meet her in a bar and then give up all of his powers in order to live like an ordinary joe and forget who he is. I might be missing something but yeah to me it seemed like his motivations didn't really add up.

I did like the show a lot though and was impressed with the job they did for the majority of the story.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Well, Damon Lindelof isn't interested in making a second season.
He's made it clear to HBO they can move forward without him but at the moment they're not willing to do that.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Well, Damon Lindelof isn't interested in making a second season.
He's made it clear to HBO they can move forward without him but at the moment they're not willing to do that.
UPDATE!

Damon Lindelof has backtracked a little bit on his previous statement that he has "no interest in a second season of" HBO's Watchmen. The showrunner re-opened that door, to borrow a phrase he's used in the past, to being "barely ajar" that he could return for more.

"I never wanna close the door completely because if two, three years from now I say, 'I just had another idea,' it will be that much harder to open. But I would say it’s barely ajar," Lindelof told Deadline at the Writers Guild of America Awards this past weekend. "I think that there are no current plans to make any more Watchmen. If the idea comes, I would be enthusiastic about it, the idea may not come from me. I would be super excited about it coming from someone else. So my position hasn’t changed."