Lifestyle What’s your monthly household food cost?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I have $800 budgeted but my girlfriend ignores me. I also buy half a cow every year from a neighbour to save on beef, cause I love beef.
I just got 167lbs of cow delivered to my house the other day. Actually... I have about 334lbs because my girlfriend also bought a share.

I can't wait to get home and investigate.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No kids rights? Still much lower than us it seems.

If GF ignores you then round up to $1000 for two? I know you love to live the “Big Oil” lifestyle full of expensive meats, sauces and flats of Lucky so no real surprise. I can’t even remember the last time I bought booze. If I factored in weed then that $2000 grows of course. We put weed into “health and fitness” budget.
I have 2 boys 1&3 I imagine when they get older our food bill will be the same as yours. We can can get 2 meals out of hen, 3 if we make ramen broth with the carcass. Be hard pressed to stretch two hens into a dinner when they're bigger!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have 2 boys 1&3 I imagine when they get older our food bill will be the same as yours. We can can get 2 meals out of hen, 3 if we make ramen broth with the carcass. Be hard pressed to stretch two hens into a dinner when they're bigger!
1 and 3? In your photos you look like your almost 50. Start late like Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken ? Once we buy again we are thinking about getting some chickens, worth it?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
About $600-700/month for 2 of us including eating out a couple times a week. Meat is by far the most expensive part of the grocery bill, so I shop sales on it. We're not picky eaters, and I can figure out how to cook just about anything.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
1 and 3? In your photos you look like your almost 50. Start late like Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken ? Once we buy again we are thinking about getting some chickens, worth it?
Just turned 40 in December.
Raising chickens or buying fresh?
We always buy a 6 hens from Costco, it's less than $30 for 3 good size birds. We also get some drums and thighs in bulk which we combine into meal portions and vacuum seal.
I'm pretty sure hens have the most value. Butterflied, baked or rotisserie can't go wrong.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He’s a carpenter, much tougher and grizzled than some gay sparkie. It takes a toll
Why you gotta be gay hating in my thread man? I would’ve loved to be a carpenter if I didn’t finish grade 12, good job. And it’s the habitual shock therapy that keeps my skin firm and supple.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Doing quick math, we probably spend at least $1000 on groceries and ordering out. We don’t order out a ton, but tend to do so on hectic days where we don’t feel like cooking. I’m sure it goes above that some months, especially if we have friends or family visit and in take care of dinners out. That’s for 3 of us. The 7 year old is a bottomless pit.

my whiskey expenditure is not included here. But I do have a well stocked cabinet ?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just turned 40 in December.
Raising chickens or buying fresh?
We always buy a 6 hens from Costco, it's less than $30 for 3 good size birds. We also get some drums and thighs in bulk which we combine into meal portions and vacuum seal.
I'm pretty sure hens have the most value. Butterflied, baked or rotisserie can't go wrong.
Interested in getting a few live chickens for eggs. We buy lots of bulk chicken but I think I need to step up to the vacuum bags setup.

40 this year eh?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Why you gotta be gay hating in my thread man? I would’ve loved to be a carpenter if I didn’t finish grade 12, good job. And it’s the habitual shock therapy that keeps my skin firm and supple.
What do you use to plain your head?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Interested in getting a few live chickens for eggs.
I been running chickens for 15 years
Only for eggs, nothing beats farm fresh eggs from happy backyard chickens

can give input on the experience if you ever want

If you have kids it can be nice to give em a few daily chores

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Aalllllllll natural baby.

Is it really or did you just say fuck it, it's on the way out so I might as well go for a stone cold look? A cousin of mine had a island at 19, took him about 5 years before the said fuck it and just had it all gone.

As for me I'll see where it still grows and come up with some mad Max style shit.