Lifestyle What’s your monthly household food cost?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Is it really or did you just say fuck it, it's on the way out so I might as well go for a stone cold look? A cousin of mine had a island at 19, took him about 5 years before the said fuck it and just had it all gone.

As for me I'll see where it still grows and come up with some mad Max style shit.
I started to shave it all around 28. No island had developed and still hasn’t but I’m proactive.

How much do you spenda month on booze and smokes?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I started to shave it all around 28. No island had developed and still hasn’t but I’m proactive.

How much do you spenda month on booze and smokes?
Smokes I'm down on since back in the UK. Maybe a pack a week ISH. Beers I have about 10-15 a day. It's over a prolonged period of many hours, so I don't even usually get drunk anymore. Just drinking beer for nothing. Although I do make an effort when UFC is on.

But to answer your question I'd estimate 100 per week.

I've spent a lot more than that per day at times when bars and restaurants were open.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Smokes I'm down on since back in the UK. Maybe a pack a week ISH. Beers I have about 10-15 a day. It's over a prolonged period of many hours, so I don't even usually get drunk anymore. Just drinking beer for nothing. Although I do make an effort when UFC is on.

But to answer your question I'd estimate 100 per week.

I've spent a lot more than that per day at times when bars and restaurants were open.
Down to a pack a week was my last step before I quit many moons ago. I’d have one before work day started then one after my post dinner weed session. 15 beers a day seems like a lot to me. 100 euros or pesos?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Shit I remember in Vegas I went to renew my stay for a couple more days and I already had a 360 dollar mini bar bill. Fiji water was 16 dollars a bottle and the mexican had been succling it like it was liquid gold from Jesus tit.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Shit I remember in Vegas I went to renew my stay for a couple more days and I already had a 360 dollar mini bar bill. Fiji water was 16 dollars a bottle and the mexican had been succling it like it was liquid gold from Jesus tit.
lol this post

who is "the mexican"?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
SongExotic2 @SongExotic2 you really should consider writing a book or journal of some sorts
your longer posts have a certain feng shui to them, humanity could learn so much

M

member 3289

Interested in getting a few live chickens for eggs. We buy lots of bulk chicken but I think I need to step up to the vacuum bags setup.

40 this year eh?
My brother keeps 5-6 hens in a coop in his back yard. They never need to buy eggs.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Down to a pack a week was my last step before I quit many moons ago. I’d have one before work day started then one after my post dinner weed session. 15 beers a day seems like a lot to me. 100 euros or pesos?
Great British pounds. Actually I just recalculated maybe 150. I did stop smoking for two years before I went to Belgium. Its a lot less frowned upon there, as apposed to North America. I've been trying to cut it out since I go back and generally smoke a cigarette on my walk to the store to get supplies (read beer and a sandwich) but that's down from 30 a day a month or two back. I prefer to vape. But I always liked a smoke.

As for beers yea thats too much. Big ones too, not wimpy little ones. My sleeping pattern is fucked. I have a couple of sleeps a day and watch TV shows in-between. I was just saying to a colleague earlier on the phone we need more work to show up because sitting around drinking isn't a good idea. It would be different if I got drunk enough to come up with evil pranks or something but nah, I was a bit on the way for the Conor fight, truth is I'd rather sit around doing fuck all with a beer than sit around doing fuck all without one.

M

member 1013

Why you gotta be gay hating in my thread man? I would’ve loved to be a carpenter if I didn’t finish grade 12, good job. And it’s the habitual shock therapy that keeps my skin firm and supple.
I meant happy you homophobe.

Typical elitist sparky.

Why are you making fun of ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon ?

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I bought a Kuny apron today for roughing in wood frame jobs. Gonna be liberating tomorrow to have so few tools on me for once.
I roll with the Viking Cadillac. Occidental leather makes some incredible belts that are unbelievably comfortable, but the tool placement just doesn't work for me.
Everything is right where it needs to be on the Cadillac

Screenshot_20210127-180906_Samsung Internet.jpg

M

member 1013

If I send you photos of the house I’m working can you point out things you don’t like about the framing so I can make fun of them?

I hope your mum is ok. Very tough situation.
Absolutely! Show ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon too he’s a really good builder.

Thank you bruv. She has hogdgkins and nonhodgkins. The hodgkins is easily treatable and she’s on chemo. The non hodgkins isn’t treatable but really slow growing. She’s a tough old bird!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I roll with the Viking Cadillac. Occidental leather makes some incredible belts that are unbelievably comfortable, but the tool placement just doesn't work for me.
Everything is right where it needs to be on the Cadillac

View attachment 26264
That’s a beauty but waaaay overkill for my needs. I’ll carry my hammer, tape and an assortment of staples and wear it for two days per house if that.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
IschKabibble @IschKabibble tou save anything by having your garden or is that all pleasure?
I know you won't respond but I will post this for others to consider.
You really can save a shitload having a garden unless you don't like getting your hands dirty.

We grow thousands of dollars worth of food(2-3K probably) each year and we know exactly what is in and on it. All on a residential lot.

Not sure about growing seasons up there or wherever...that can limit you greatly

I'm by the coast(warm air and plenty of rain/sun) and it only freezes 20-30 days a year so the growing possibilities are nearly endless...some zones have shitty gardening possibilities

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just enjoying and learning for now. I only have a small footprint to work with until I commit to buying a place.

View attachment 26289
Nice
what are those blue starts?
Is that a Gnome? lol

We grow micro greens here in the winter
those kinda look like our sunflower starts(sunflower starts are 30% protein)
Setup is cheap to run, we eat a ton of greens from it each day/week.
1611803606091.png
1611803667293.png

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That microgreen setup is great. Bought my mom a shelf unit like that but it rarely gets used.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That microgreen setup is great. Bought my mom a shelf unit like that but it rarely gets used.
pretty cheap to set up and can feed you a ton of healthy greens
U can have it on a cycle to produce a new harvest every week

We have it dialed in pretty good...if you/someone is willing to water it twice daily for a couple minutes it is a solid food source

Only need lights, soil, tray, rack, seeds to get started

I have tons of images, videos, and input if needed

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
800 dollars for groceries when I move to Tulsa,Oklahoma I will probably only spend 400 dollars a month groceries look cheap AF over there.