Listen What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Disciplined Galt @Elrond On a hockey forum I recently joined this Swedish guy called Per has been posting some great old Swedish music, including The Spotniks and a lot of other cool stuff :)

View: https://youtu.be/8I10nTYEKF8
One of many things that pisses me off about the woke movement in Sweden is their denial of Swedish culture. Self hatred on a level that makes other westerners pale in comparison.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
@Rhino
Not really a surprise, I figured it would be AIDS considering he was fucking every fangirl he could find but I was fucking gutted.
I was also a bit guttued after the Playgirl issue :D

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
One of many things that pisses me off about the woke movement in Sweden is their denial of Swedish culture. Self hatred on a level that makes other westerners pale in comparison.
Self-erasing. is what we are doing. Anyways, back to music. Swedish music that is!

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Dave's Song of the Day

The Eggplant That Ate Chicago – Dr. West's Medicine Show and Junk Band

Wednesday song of the day: Today's song is a novelty that was a minor hit in 1966.

In writing yesterday’s song of the day entry, I found out that Norman Greenbaum had been in a band that had a strange little novelty song a few years before his big solo hit Spirit in the Sky. In fact, Greenbaum was the leader and singer for that band, and wrote the song.

The band was Dr. West’s Medicine Show and Junk Band, which was one of several retro “jug bands” on the scene in the mid-1960s, the most famous of which was The Jim Kweskin Jug Band. There was no real Dr. West in the band, and the song was the title track from their first album, The Eggplant That Ate Chicago.

The song was just a silly story of an eggplant from outer space that came to Earth and ate Chicago. It really is as simple as that. The music is nothing special and uses old-timey instruments. It even includes a kazoo solo. The recording quality is muddy as well. Still, somehow it became a minor hit, peaking at #56 in December 1966.

Tomorrow: It ain’t no use to sit and wonder why, babe

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Dave's Song of the Day

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right – Peter, Paul and Mary

Thursday song of the day: Today’s song was the second Top Ten single this act had in one year covering a Bob Dylan song.

Bob Dylan was still very much the hot new thing on the folk music scene when he wrote Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right in 1962. The song was about the breakup of a romantic relationship, and it borrowed musically from an old traditional folk song. Paul Clayton had taught Dylan the song Who’s Gonna Buy Your Chickens When I’m Gone?, which Clayton himself had reworked as Who’s Gonna Buy Your Ribbons When I’m Gone?

Dylan wrote new lyrics for the tune, along with taking a few lines from the Clayton version as an homage, and the result was Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right. It was included on Dylan’s second album, The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan in May, 1963 and was released as the B-side of the Blowin’ in the Wind single that August. The single did not chart.

Folk trio Peter, Paul, and Mary recorded the song not long after The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan , and released it as a single in October 1963. They had already had a huge hit with a cover of Dylan’s Blowin’ in the Wind in June 1963. Their version of Blowin’ in the Wind reached #2 on the Billboard Hot 100, while their Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right cover made it to #9. They did pretty well off Bob Dylan that year.

Peter, Paul and Mary, 1963

Bob Dylan, 1963

Tomorrow: I’ll never know what made it so exciting

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Wasn’t completely to my taste (massive Korn fan obviously, seen them possibly 15 times. Lost count) but his solo gigs he did with Wueen of The Damned was good. I fell to bits doing a meet and greet but Munky was my favourite. Poor Dave Silveira was the hot one out of all of them but I felt sorry for him, I couldn’t wait for him to sign my record so I could move onto Munky and he even made a comment about it.

Wasn’t completely to my taste (massive Korn fan obviously, seen them possibly 15 times. Lost count) but his solo gigs he did with Wueen of The Damned was good. I fell to bits doing a meet and greet but Munky was my favourite. Poor Dave Silveira was the hot one out of all of them but I felt sorry for him, I couldn’t wait for him to sign my record so I could move onto Munky and he even made a comment about it.
that song will grow on you. trust me. took me a few listens. nothing like listening to songs about feeling dead inside but not killing themselves because of the people in their lives. queen of the damned soundtrack with jon davis singing is a great album. i am kind of a closet korn fan. i listen to a lot of their music when i work out but dont admit it to anyone because they arent what i usually listen to

for the record concerning my last post. im not suicidal. im happy. i am just full of people. always felt i didnt belong in this era..i would have been fine in the decades before 2000. and if my day to go was to be tomorrow..id be fine with it... now that i have kids, i live to make sure they have good lives because growing up i didnt and my head was fucked from it

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
that song will grow on you. trust me. took me a few listens. nothing like listening to songs about feeling dead inside but not killing themselves because of the people in their lives. queen of the damned soundtrack with jon davis singing is a great album. i am kind of a closet korn fan. i listen to a lot of their music when i work out but dont admit it to anyone because they arent what i usually listen to
I think a lot of stigma is attached to them because a lot of people got into them as an outlet for teenage angst. I was an adult when I started listening, the music struck a chord rather than the lyrics. I'm not OMG crazy about them like I was but I can still listen to Blind and get really into it. I do wish JD wasn't so nasal sometimes though. Glad Head's back with us.
First time I was really into them and they were in the UK I went two nights in a row. Seeing them in Bakersfield was badass too.

I think a lot of stigma is attached to them because a lot of people got into them as an outlet for teenage angst. I was an adult when I started listening, the music struck a chord rather than the lyrics. I'm not OMG crazy about them like I was but I can still listen to Blind and get really into it. I do wish JD wasn't so nasal sometimes though. Glad Head's back with us.
First time I was really into them and they were in the UK I went two nights in a row. Seeing them in Bakersfield was badass too.
i like a lot of korn songs but i think the reason im embarassed to admit it to people is because a lot of the lyrics in their songs are kind of corny ...i guess teen angst li ke you said.