Listen What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yeah I didnt realize that at first when i heard it, after my mom passed away and heard it agin I got it.
She knew who my sister was, her mom was but she didnt know who I was, I know its noyt the same but it still re
sorry to hear man

PlatinumHands

Banned
Jan 30, 2020
Didnt know dude went trans, me and my homie todd used to jam to River runs red, learned how to play by ear to that record. Crazy

yeah my old band covered a lot of their songs..i mostly liked the songs alan robert wrote.

PlatinumHands

Banned
Jan 30, 2020
Got enough shots left for mom, derek, todd,, and grandma. not for dad tho, that stingy mother fucker never even kicked me down a beer

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Not the original version, but pretty hilarious they got daryl hall to "almost" sing the "daddy's got to eat" portion.

if anyone hasnt heard the album troublegum by therapy? listen to it. one of the best a
nd most underated albums ever

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Dave's Song of the Day

Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues – Danny O'Keefe

Saturday song of the day: Today's song was recorded by the songwriter, not released, released by someone else, and then three years later rerecorded and released by the songwriter for his first album, then re-recorded and released again for his second album.

In 1967, musician Danny O’Keefe wrote a song about a character who was living a meaningless, drab life. The song was titled Good Time Charlie’s Got the Blues, and he recorded a demo in 1967. It was not released at the time, and eventually it was instead recorded and released by a band called The Bards in 1968. Eventually, as O’Keefe was recording his first album Danny O’Keefe in 1970, he decided to record it again. It was included on the album when it was released in 1971, but not released as a single.

In 1972, he recorded the song yet again, this time with a few lyric changes and a different arrangement, and included it on his second album, O’Keefe. This version of Good Time Charlie’s Got the Blues was released as a single in August 1972 and did rather well. It was a legitimate hit, peaking at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Since then it has been covered by numerous artists, including Elvis Presley, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and many more.

Danny O’Keefe, 1972

Danny O’Keefe, 1971 (Note, as far as I can tell, this is the version from the Danny O’Keefe album with slightly different lyrics, but uses the wrong album cover from the O’Keefe album)

The Bards, 1969

Tomorrow: Oh God can’t you keep it down

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Dave's Song of the Day

Voices Carry – 'Til Tuesday

Sunday song of the day: Today’s song was the debut and biggest hit for a 1980s New Wave band from Boston.

The group ‘Til Tuesday was formed in 1982 in Boston. Singer and bassist Aimee Mann was the focal point of the quartet, and wrote most of the lyrics, although all band members were credited with writing the music. In 1983, ‘Til Tuesday won a talent contest held by a local radio station, and this led to them being signed by Epic Records.

Their debut album was Voices Carry in 1985, and the first single was the title track from the album. The song told of a relationship that was failing, and the man that Aimee Mann sang about wanted her to not discuss her feelings. Originally the lyrics referred to a woman, but this was changed for the record.

A video was made, with Mann depicted in a bad relationship with a rich but abusive boyfriend, culminating in her causing a scene in the audience at a fancy concert. It received heavy airplay on MTV, and the Voices Carry single was a big hit, reaching #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

“Til Tuesday released two more albums before breaking up in 1989. They had one other Top 40 hit in 1986 with What About Love, but never again cracked the Top 10. Since the band broke up, Aimee Mann has had a long and successful solo career.

Tomorrow: Love’s always been my game