General What girly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I just thought of something girly I did but forgot to post about. I made my own bath bombs!

I get a lot of peppermint oil to spray outside for bugs (I had some ground bees to get rid of this summer), and it comes with this sample-sized mix of orange, lavender, and rosemary (smells better than it sounds). I had no idea what to do with it, until my secret santa got me bath bombs. I had one vacation day for the year without anyone else home, so that's what I decided to do.

It turns out they are pretty easy to make once you get the right moisture content - my first batch was too dry and crumbled, so I had to put more coconut oil in than the recipe called for. But it was fun, and I even shrink-wrapped them, which was cheaper and easier than I thought it would be.

I have enough stuff to make more another day. Some day I want to go through my amazon account and calculate how much each one costs to make, so I can do a cost-benefit analysis of making them for gifts, or even to sell in times of desperation.

Also, my buddy's hands are pretty big for his age, so in a few more months, we might be able to do it together.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I just thought of something girly I did but forgot to post about. I made my own bath bombs!

I get a lot of peppermint oil to spray outside for bugs (I had some ground bees to get rid of this summer), and it comes with this sample-sized mix of orange, lavender, and rosemary (smells better than it sounds). I had no idea what to do with it, until my secret santa got me bath bombs. I had one vacation day for the year without anyone else home, so that's what I decided to do.

It turns out they are pretty easy to make once you get the right moisture content - my first batch was too dry and crumbled, so I had to put more coconut oil in than the recipe called for. But it was fun, and I even shrink-wrapped them, which was cheaper and easier than I thought it would be.

I have enough stuff to make more another day. Some day I want to go through my amazon account and calculate how much each one costs to make, so I can do a cost-benefit analysis of making them for gifts, or even to sell in times of desperation.

Also, my buddy's hands are pretty big for his age, so in a few more months, we might be able to do it together.
You could make a fortune out of that at farmers markets during the weekend if you wanted to. Get your branding right, you sound pretty nice so I'm sure you could talk people into buying I'm sure.

Oh, man. Peppermint oil though, I had a Camel Cricket problem when I lived in VA, I love the smell of mint anything but my house just permanently smelled of it in every nook and cranny. They sneak up on you, the fuckers. I called pest control out in two houses scared shitless they were cockroaches.

How old is your buddy if he has big hands "for his age"? Lol.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
You could make a fortune out of that at farmers markets during the weekend if you wanted to. Get your branding right, you sound pretty nice so I'm sure you could talk people into buying I'm sure.

Oh, man. Peppermint oil though, I had a Camel Cricket problem when I lived in VA, I love the smell of mint anything but my house just permanently smelled of it in every nook and cranny. They sneak up on you, the fuckers. I called pest control out in two houses scared shitless they were cockroaches.

How old is your buddy if he has big hands "for his age"? Lol.
I have been told I come across as nice, but I am not really a salesperson. My husband is great at sales, though.

I hadn't really considered a farmer's market - maybe we could do that on the weekends sometimes. Thanks for the idea! I'm going to look into it.

We get those camel back crickets sometimes - they come up from the basement and give me a start sometimes if I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. But I learned they are attracted to moisture, and it turned out we had some pipes down there we needed to fix, so I see them less often now. I never thought of using the peppermint with them - that's a good idea too.

My buddy is four years old. He can be somewhat impulsive, and he cracks me up, but his sense of humor usually involves doing the opposite of whatever I am asking.

He is really growing up nicely though. When he's ready to do something like bath bombs without trying to smash them after we mold them, I think we will have a lot of fun together with it.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I have been told I come across as nice, but I am not really a salesperson. My husband is great at sales, though.

I hadn't really considered a farmer's market - maybe we could do that on the weekends sometimes. Thanks for the idea! I'm going to look into it.

We get those camel back crickets sometimes - they come up from the basement and give me a start sometimes if I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. But I learned they are attracted to moisture, and it turned out we had some pipes down there we needed to fix, so I see them less often now. I never thought of using the peppermint with them - that's a good idea too.

My buddy is four years old. He can be somewhat impulsive, and he cracks me up, but his sense of humor usually involves doing the opposite of whatever I am asking.

He is really growing up nicely though. When he's ready to do something like bath bombs without trying to smash them after we mold them, I think we will have a lot of fun together with it.
Always thinking of business opportunities ;)

It was my basement they came in from for me in my last house. I had the pest control guy completely seel every pipe entrance way up but they still managed to find their way in. I even taped up a door. Husband used to come in from work and there'd be glasses on the floor plonked on top of them so he could pop them outside. I had to it myself a few times so they didn't suffocate and the thought of that just sent a shudder through me, lol.

Sorry! I didn't realise you were talking about child hands!

Missy Cat

Goddess of Chaos, Violence, and ...
Jan 25, 2018
I blame Missy Cat @Missy Cat for this (but I totally needed this. MArial is playing right now "hero")

Robbie Hart @Robbie Hart wasn't drunk when I made this. But it was an hour ago. I'm getting there :))
try that tequila orange combo i told you about. the taste of orange and tequila mixing in the mouth is quite interesting. it has a nice orange tingle after.;) Another revolution around this Rock, another set of experiences. :cheers:

Missy Cat

Jan 25, 2018
try that tequila orange combo i told you about. the taste of orange and tequila mixing in the mouth is quite interesting. it has a nice orange tingle after.;) Another revolution around this Rock, another set of experiences. :cheers:
Uuuh. I just realized what is the title of this thread. Gosh... umm.. being a girl... I wish I had done at least half of the stuff you posted here... love it. keep it coming :cheers:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
saw "la esmeraldo" ballet today at MPAC. was AWESOME!!

before it, got dinner, then stopped into a bar where an older irish band was playing (i guess Morristown had st pattys day early)

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Uuuh. I just realized what is the title of this thread. Gosh... umm.. being a girl... I wish I had done at least half of the stuff you posted here... love it. keep it coming :cheers:
Are you talking to yourself missy kitty cat?

Missy Cat

Jan 25, 2018
Are you talking to yourself missy kitty cat?
:D I think I was so distraught after realizing that I don't do much girly stuff, that I did not pay attention and just posted it to myself:confused::(... I need help... what girly thing I should do today? :D

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It's not even 1 PM yet and I've already...
  • Gone grocery shopping
  • Made my own salsa
  • Made some cherry cheesecake dessert thing for Easter tomorrow
  • Cleaned the kitchen
  • Did some laundry
At this rate I'll be watching Hallmark movies by midnight. I need to chug a beer, belch and scratch myself before I start growing tits.