What kind of gun or guns do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
I'm calling this M4 done for now. I still need to put a light on it and either iron sights or an LPVO at some point. My M5 parts should be delivered sometime within the next week.

Mostly Aero Precision parts other than Magpul furniture, Toolcraft BCG, and a Vortex red dot.

View attachment 85295
By the postion of that foregrip I see you use the C clamp method.

I assume.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
By the postion of that foregrip I see you use the C clamp method.

I assume.
When I shoot this kind of gun, yes. Rifle wise, I'm much more use to the Grandpa's old hunting rifle style. I'm putting an angled foregrip on the M5 I'm building for a deer / elk hunting gun.

Most of my M5 parts came today. I have all of what I can put together. The BCG and buffer tube will be here on Thursday, so I'll put the rest of it together and I'll just need to figure out what I want for a scope.

Last edited:

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Have any of you guys used Olight lights? I've heard good reviews, but I'm wondering how they stack up to Surefire and Streamlight. I'm going to end up getting lights for an AR-15, a Mossberg 590S, a Glock 19, and a Glock 43 at some point. I've only used Streamlight in the past.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Have any of you guys used Olight lights? I've heard good reviews, but I'm wondering how they stack up to Surefire and Streamlight. I'm going to end up getting lights for an AR-15, a Mossberg 590S, a Glock 19, and a Glock 43 at some point. I've only used Streamlight in the past.
Had one on my pistol.
Olight valkyrie mini 2

Decent for the price. But not as trusted a brand as the others you mentioned.

For pistols I think they are a good option but if you want a trusted source and proven reliability for rifles/shotguns I'd personally go Surefire.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
When I shoot this kind of gun, yes. Rifle wise, I'm much more use to the Grandpa's old hunting rifle style. I'm putting an angled foregrip on the M5 I'm building for a deer / elk hunting gun.

Most of my M5 parts came today. I have all of what I can put together. The BCG and buffer tube will be here on Thursday, so I'll put the rest of it together and I'll just need to figure out what I want for a scope.
Look in to the strike industries link or the leapers utg. Magpul also makes one in polymer if you want to go that route.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Look in to the strike industries link or the leapers utg. Magpul also makes one in polymer if you want to go that route.
I already have the Magpul one. I wasn't sure what I wanted when I ordered the parts for my M4, so I ordered a vertical grip and an angled grip. I then decided to build an M5 as well, so the angled grip went on that. That gun will be used as a hunting rifle, so I'm not really concerned with having a polymer grip on it.

If I decide I don't like the vertical grip on the M4, I'll look into getting a metal grip for it.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I have the Odin and have had zero issues in two years. very nice lights and super bright. would I trust my life with it? I'd go to surefire or streamlight for that assuring (again, I have had zero problem). I bought several when I purchased and have one brand new in the box if you want to buy it. $120 + shipping if you're interested.
If you want to go the surefire or streamlight route, sign up for Mr. Guns and Gear emails. He finds specials on those all the time.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I already have the Magpul one. I wasn't sure what I wanted when I ordered the parts for my M4, so I ordered a vertical grip and an angled grip. I then decided to build an M5 as well, so the angled grip went on that. That gun will be used as a hunting rifle, so I'm not really concerned with having a polymer grip on it.

If I decide I don't like the vertical grip on the M4, I'll look into getting a metal grip for it.
The vertical grips suck, imo. My Daniel Defense M4 came with one. I thought it was so cool looking at the time, but the strike industries link is where it's at.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Switch is $30 extra

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
The M4 and the M5. I'll finish these up at a later date. I have them to the point where they won't be affected by the bill that is likely going to pass in WA state next week.

M4 (top): 16" barrel, 5.56 NATO, secondary barrel for .300 Blackout. This still needs a light and iron sights or an LPVO.
M5 (bottom): 20" barrel, .308 Winchester, secondary barrel for Creedmoor 6.5. This still needs a scope, iron sights, and a sling. I might paint it as well.

PXL_20230414_190200645.jpg

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The M4 and the M5. I'll finish these up at a later date. I have them to the point where they won't be affected by the bill that is likely going to pass in WA state next week.

M4 (top): 16" barrel, 5.56 NATO, secondary barrel for .300 Blackout. This still needs a light and iron sights or an LPVO.
M5 (bottom): 20" barrel, .308 Winchester, secondary barrel for Creedmoor 6.5. This still needs a scope, iron sights, and a sling. I might paint it as well.

View attachment 85396
It's complete bullshit what your state is doing. Glad you got what you needed prior to their unconstitutional law being implemented.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's complete bullshit what your state is doing. Glad you got what you needed prior to their unconstitutional law being implemented.
Ban mags
Ban stocks
Track buys
Ban buys

Registration
Confiscation
Mutilation
The planet dies

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

View attachment 85396

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGTkZyk6RLE

I'm guessing they are moving to Florida ASAP.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Nazi & Japanese rifles, WW1 & WW2 respectively.
The Japanese looks to have notches/kills by the trigger.
It's a real treat.

20230417_174809.jpg20230417_174734.jpg
20230417_174717.jpg
20230417_174621.jpg

20230417_174541.jpg

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
That is badass. Link me to it or something similar?
I will send you a PM about my pistol since it's California legal, and I don't want to bring unneeded attention to the manufacturer in such a hostile 2A state (legal AR pistols are unicorns here).

If you want to build a pistol, that would be your easiest way to go for getting a finished product the way you want and not paying double for things you are going to swap out. If you want it to look BADASS, you would want to have the rail be 1/2" longer than the barrel, then the linear compensator (directs energy downrange, not a flashhider or standard brake/compensator that directs gas to the sides) sits flush. That way the muzzle device doesn't look odd/out of place since the barrels are so skinny and these comps are thick/wide. Link to my muzzle device is here: Synergy Linear Hybrid Comp 5.56/.223 1/2x28. They make a few different colors, which can customize the look a little more, which is cool if you're into that sort of thing. This is my other pistol that is cerakoted burnt bronze. My gun shop did the build with one of SLR's anodized (looks like copper kind of) linear comps and it looks kind of cool with the rifle color. Not the muzzle device you'd want to have in your bugout or hunting bag since it's shiny though.
20230510_204330[1].jpg

20230510_204406[1].jpg

There are cheaper linear comp options like Kaw Valley Precision: KVP Linear Comp — BLK - Kaw Valley Precision.

Here is a build link that I liked a few years ago. It is shorter length than what I would want, but it shows some options in building one out, plus it has "the look": Build this 8" AR 15 Pistol w/ Flush Comp (w/PARTS LIST)

Most pistols that are sold complete have the birdcage at the end and a shorter rail that doesn't give you the look that I like. Daniel Defense, BCM, and Geisele all make excellent pistols but their handguards are too long to obtain "the look" (except Daniel Defense does make an 8" 300 blackout that does have the look - DDM4® PDW (300 Blackout)).

This is extremely cheap and has the look, but I know fuckall about the brand and quality: Diamondback DB15 30 RD 300 Blackout 10
I'm sure there are other manufactures out there that sell a finished product with "the look" but I don't know who they are.

Last edited:

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So it’s Thursday at 8:34 am. I have had an 8:00 appointment with a moving company for over a month now. I bought a new gun safe and they are going to move it upstairs into my bedroom closet. I don’t have many guns, but it has an 18 gun capacity, so I plan on getting a couple more. These fuckers better hurry the fuck up!