What kind of gun or guns do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I don't think there is any chance this even gets to the floor for a vote at the federal level, but still these f'n cunts. WA state is already passing laws to try to force FFLs into closing. The city of Seattle has had a tax on ammo for years. I get pretty much all of my ammo through the mail and in bulk.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oswAzWjglQ

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The Alien Gear IWB holster is solid peeps. Options for adjustments of height and cant, and really comfortable with the neoprene and overall design. Doesn't poke you with the high cuts. Im limited with brands since i dont have a highly popular gun, but this brand makes them for a shit-ton of models. Highly recommend.
20231117_220822.jpg
20231117_220837.jpg

ArodJohns

Keep Your Rifle By Your Side
Mar 2, 2023
The Alien Gear IWB holster is solid peeps. Options for adjustments of height and cant, and really comfortable with the neoprene and overall design. Doesn't poke you with the high cuts. Im limited with brands since i dont have a highly popular gun, but this brand makes them for a shit-ton of models. Highly recommend.
View attachment 91466
View attachment 91467
I’m not such a fan of the giant wrap around holsters like that. I had one from Vedder that ate the skin off of my hip (through a t-shirt).

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I’m not such a fan of the giant wrap around holsters like that. I had one from Vedder that ate the skin off of my hip (through a t-shirt).
I have had zero issues so far. Maybe the material on the inside? Maybe not enough use yet (on my part)? Maybe size of waste of your pants/shorts? I may need to give it a one year review when the time comes, but so far really happy.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Anybody else like the Tisas 1911 10 mm? What a bargain, other than the iron flat black sights. Haven't heard anything bad. Price is right. Beats RIA in every way but capacity(double stack).Am I missing something?

ArodJohns

Keep Your Rifle By Your Side
Mar 2, 2023
Anybody else like the Tisas 1911 10 mm? What a bargain, other than the iron flat black sights. Haven't heard anything bad. Price is right. Beats RIA in every way but capacity(double stack).Am I missing something?
I think RIA is better built than Tisas but that’s not a huge deal if it’s just something to screw around with at the range.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I got a gun cabinet for Christmas. It's nothing fancy, but given that I acquired a few more long guns this year, I wanted to have them locked up rather than just using cable and/or trigger locks and storing them in the corner of a closet. I don't currently have the space for a real safe or even a larger cabinet, but this suits my needs for now.

PXL_20231222_012302826.jpg

I've got my M4, M5, Benelli Nova, Mossberg 590S, Glock 19, Glock 43, and a Glock replica BB gun in there along with a barrel for a Creedmoor 6.5 I will eventually build and some spare mags, holsters, shells, and chokes.

I also have tac lights for the G19, G43, and M4 being delivered. Those should be delivered early next week.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I got a gun cabinet for Christmas. It's nothing fancy, but given that I acquired a few more long guns this year, I wanted to have them locked up rather than just using cable and/or trigger locks and storing them in the corner of a closet. I don't currently have the space for a real safe or even a larger cabinet, but this suits my needs for now.

View attachment 92633

I've got my M4, M5, Benelli Nova, Mossberg 590S, Glock 19, Glock 43, and a Glock replica BB gun in there along with a barrel for a Creedmoor 6.5 I will eventually build and some spare mags, holsters, shells, and chokes.

I also have tac lights for the G19, G43, and M4 being delivered. Those should be delivered early next week.
My neighbor called me two weeks ago and said there was a sketchy car parked in front of my house with a few people in it smoking weed. I took my Olight Odin off an AR, walked out there and lit them up while I walked across the street to see what they were up to. It was hilarious; they completely froze. The light was so bright they had no idea what to do. Turns out they were just kids making out and one of then lives up the street (his dad used to be a cop, so I'd imagine smoking weed in front of his house would be frowned upon). Once they could see again they started up the car and went on their merry way.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My neighbor called me two weeks ago and said there was a sketchy car parked in front of my house with a few people in it smoking weed. I took my Olight Odin off an AR, walked out there and lit them up while I walked across the street to see what they were up to. It was hilarious; they completely froze. The light was so bright they had no idea what to do. Turns out they were just kids making out and one of then lives up the street (his dad used to be a cop, so I'd imagine smoking weed in front of his house would be frowned upon). Once they could see again they started up the car and went on their merry way.
Did you steal in his hoebag?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

View attachment 92633

You are rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEADY!

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
What are your thoughts on the Olight? I assume they are good given your comment. Every time I've heard someone talk about them, they don't have good things to say, but the specs look good on paper to me. I went with the Streamlight HLX for my M4. It's half the lumens of the Odin, but nearly twice the candela. Also USB rechargeable. I've had good experiences with Streamlight in the past.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

View attachment 92633

Nice. I need to get one.

I have my long rifles sitting out - unloaded. Ammo is locked up.

I keep a loaded shotgun on top of the bedroom TV hutch that's high and out of sight, and a loaded .38 on my nightstand. I lock the handgun up in a small case when I have people over at the house - but I leave the shotgun up there.

I need to get a case Iike what you have here and keep everything together and organized.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Nice. I need to get one.

I have my long rifles sitting out - unloaded. Ammo is locked up.

I keep a loaded shotgun on top of the bedroom TV hutch that's high and out of sight, and a loaded .38 on my nightstand. I lock the handgun up in a small case when I have people over at the house - but I leave the shotgun up there.

I need to get a case Iike what you have here and keep everything together and organized.
The Hornady rapidsafe might be a good solution for you.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
What are your thoughts on the Olight? I assume they are good given your comment. Every time I've heard someone talk about them, they don't have good things to say, but the specs look good on paper to me. I went with the Streamlight HLX for my M4. It's half the lumens of the Odin, but nearly twice the candela. Also USB rechargeable. I've had good experiences with Streamlight in the past.
I think I had this convo with you before. I have had zero problems with it and it performs perfectly, but due to it being chinese and a newer brand (not much of a track record thus far), I wouldn't trust my life with it. I bought two of them at the time of purchase and only unboxed one. Surefire or Streamlight certainly have long track records, so I would trust my life with either of those brands. Surefire is 100% US manufactured and assembled, so eventually I will pick a few of those up. Streamlight's parts are chinese even though they are assembled in the US, so I favor the Surefire brand. Having said that, I have no personal experience with either, just know their reviews and common use.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
My tac lights were delivered today, so I got them mounted before football started for the day. I'm still a bit sure of my desired positioning of the light on my M4 which is why I haven't cut the zip ties to length yet. I might also loop them in and out of the rail to help keep the pressure switch in position. It already has 3M tape on it which is what it came with. I'll have to get to the woods to do some shooting before I figure out where I want it to live. Once I figure that out, I'll put some Loctite on the screws holding the light on. Other than that, I'm done setting up this gun.

The M4 has a Streamlight Protac HL-X USB (1000 lumens / 27100 candela).
The Glock 19 has a Streamlight TLR-7a (500 lumens / 5000 candela).
The Glock 43 has a Streamlight TLR-6 (100 lumens / 1000 candela).

PXL_20231223_214240296.jpg

The pressure switch is on the other side of the rifle.
PXL_20231223_214312594.jpg

The Glock 19 is setup exactly how I want it. I use to have a Streamlight TLR-3 on it, but the assembly started to crack. I put that light on a Glock replica BB gun I have since it has the same type of rail and its lack of recoil won't cause further damage to the light assembly. I have a new OWB holster being delivered on Tuesday to accommodate the new light. Eventually, I'll pick up an IWB holster, but I primarily carry this gun OWB during colder months and conceal it by draping my shirt and either jacket or hoodie over it depending on what I'm wearing.

The Glock 43 will get a red dot soon, then that will be setup how I want it. I'll have to pick up a pocket holster and IWB holster for it with the new light. I typically carry this as a pocket carry during the summer when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The pockets on all of my shorts are large enough to get a clean draw whereas the pockets on my pants are not. During the time of the year where it is cold enough to stick with pants rather than shorts, but warm enough not to need a jacket, I appendix carry this one hence the need for an IWB holster.

I'm also considering a TL-Racker light (1000 lumens / 20000 candela) for my Mossberg 590S, but I'm still undecided as to which light I want on that gun.

Last edited: