What kind of gun or guns do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Iceman33

Nine and two thirds
Jan 31, 2016
Any recommendations for thermal optics for a 22 mag, 300 Winmag, 30-06 or AR? Like to keep it under $3k

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Any recommendations for thermal optics for a 22 mag, 300 Winmag, 30-06 or AR? Like to keep it under $3k
Good question, I'll second that.
If you don't own the night...well shit, you ain't first you're last.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So you're picking off targets in Minnesota?
Me?
Oh no!
I don't have one.
But hypothetically, just throwing random areas out there....I'd say it reaches, let's say, San Diego from...idk, like Eugene Oregon?
So if someone was hypothetically getting pissed at someone online, taking into account the flatness of the earth, that should be an easy shot.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Get a good mount for you M5. The 308 beats up a lot of mounts where you end up losing zero after a couple hundred rounds. I got two of these for my M5's and they are solid (I paid $50 more than their current sale price):
Obviously you need to pick your optic before you get the mount though.
I'm thinking about ordering this mount. The lens on the scope I have is 44mm. Do you think the 1.425" height mount will be good? Otherwise, I might just go with the 1.5" Aero Precision mount. I see GA stopped offering the 1.5" option. I don't plan on putting fixed sights on this gun. If the scope breaks, which I've never had happen, I'll call it a day.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I'm thinking about ordering this mount. The lens on the scope I have is 44mm. Do you think the 1.425" height mount will be good? Otherwise, I might just go with the 1.5" Aero Precision mount. I see GA stopped offering the 1.5" option. I don't plan on putting fixed sights on this gun. If the scope breaks, which I've never had happen, I'll call it a day.
I don't see why not. My lens is 50mm and I've got the 1.94" mount. Here is how much space I'm working with.
1000001939.jpg
Measurement from top of pic rail.
1000001940.jpg
Measurement from bottom of the groove in the Pic rail (no idea where they measure from so I thought I'd show you both.

The 6mm difference in tubes gives you just shy of a quarter inch more room to play with I think?

You might want to contact Griffin or Primary Arms just to be sure there aren't other factors I'm too ignorant to know.

By the way, zero with the cant mount with bdc is actually 100+1. I found that out a while back. I was told it was 300, but it's the same hold at 100 as it is at 300 with only a 2" drop (grain weight dependent). Could have saved myself a trip too the boonies, plus a bit of ammo had I known earlier. Lesson learned. If you have mil reticle you zero at whatever distance you are shooting at.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
1000001987.jpg
I just picked up my last firearm for a while since my communist state is implementing an 11% tax (on top of regular tax, which makes effective tax 18.75%) on all firearm and ammunition purchases July 1st. I also picked up a grip of ammo. This is the sig p320 mk18. Pretty sweet little handgun, though i would have preferred it in black (this model doesnt come in black). I can't wait to take it to the range.
I wonder how many firearm purchases were triggered by this new tax? I had to wait an hour and a half when I initiated the purchase due to so many people doing exactly what I was doing.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
View attachment 106391
I just picked up my last firearm for a while since my communist state is implementing an 11% tax (on top of regular tax, which makes effective tax 18.75%) on all firearm and ammunition purchases July 1st. I also picked up a grip of ammo. This is the sig p320 mk18. Pretty sweet little handgun, though i would have preferred it in black (this model doesnt come in black). I can't wait to take it to the range.
I wonder how many firearm purchases were triggered by this new tax? I had to wait an hour and a half when I initiated the purchase due to so many people doing exactly what I was doing.
How many bullets go in the clip of that AR-47?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
1000002025.jpgMonty.
1000002027.jpg
1000002029.jpg
1000002028.jpg

Some goodies arrived today. Feels like Christmas. I installed the light and flat trigger and it's amazing how much of a difference the trigger makes in both comfort and pull. Best $40 I ever spent. Can't wait for the sun to go down to test out the light.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I'm thinking about switching to a gen 5 MOS G19 from the gen 3. I've decided I like red dots on a pistol. I could mill my slide, but I need a new barrel as well.

Does anyone know if gen 3 & 4 magazines will work in gen 5 guns?

Glock says no, but there are posts in other forums that I don't really visit that say yes. They say gen 5's allow for the mag release to be changed from side to side, so the mags have indents on both sides, but 1) all of my mags have the indent on both sides, and 2) I'm not wrong handed. I don't care about switching where the release button is.

I know there is an orange follower. As if that changes anything unless it is somehow a different shape which I doubt.

I also know the base plate on the magazine had more of a front lip on it due to the different mag well, but a) I don't care if there is a gap as long as the gun functions reliably, and b) it seems like I could just buy new base plates for my existing magazines.

I'm not sure if the spring is any different, but I don't see why it would be given AFAIK the outer dimensions are the same size after ignoring the base plate.

Maybe I'll just go to a store and pop an empty mag into one of the gen 5's.

Last edited:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
View attachment 106391
BRUV.

Fucking hell.
Sigs are nice. Why did you pick that one?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Fuck me that gun is ugly.

I'd rather pick up a stick
If you are referencing color, that is the only color the m18 is available in. I'm not a fan either. If you are referencing the actual gun design, I would disagree. My glocks are as ugly as sin. My HK is sexy as fuck. Based on that scale I'd give the p320 a 7/10 aesthetically, if I were not to deduct points for color, which I had no choice over.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
BRUV.

Fucking hell.
Sigs are nice. Why did you pick that one?
I live in a commie state which has a gun roster with approved firearms. The vast majority of models of any given manufacturer are not available for purchase here. I could have gone with the p229 or p226, but those are really heavy and 40 year old technology (not knocking those models, as they are excellent). No reason to carry a cinder block if you don't have to. Also, striker fired handguns are superior.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I'm thinking about switching to a gen 5 MOS G19 from the gen 3. I've decided I like red dots on a pistol. I could mill my slide, but I need a new barrel as well.

Does anyone know if gen 3 & 4 magazines will work in gen 5 guns?

Glock says no, but there are posts in other forums that I don't really visit that say yes. They say gen 5's allow for the mag release to be changed from side to side, so the mags have indents on both sides, but 1) all of my mags have the indent on both sides, and 2) I'm not wrong handed. I don't care about switching where the release button is.

I know there is an orange follower. As if that changes anything unless it is somehow a different shape which I doubt.

I also know the base plate on the magazine had more of a front lip on it due to the different mag well, but a) I don't care if there is a gap as long as the gun functions reliably, and b) it seems like I could just buy new base plates for my existing magazines.

I'm not sure if the spring is any different, but I don't see why it would be given AFAIK the outer dimensions are the same size after ignoring the base plate.

Maybe I'll just go to a store and pop an empty mag into one of the gen 5's.
No idea. Our roster stops at Gen 3.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I live in a commie state which has a gun roster with approved firearms. The vast majority of models of any given manufacturer are not available for purchase here. I could have gone with the p229 or p226, but those are really heavy and 40 year old technology (not knocking those models, as they are excellent). No reason to carry a cinder block if you don't have to. Also, striker fired handguns are superior.
I'm terrible at handguns. I'd be better chucking the thing at someone than shooting it. The colour is what I was getting at. It reminds me of the contractor 511 bullshit uniform the DoD used to try to make me wear .

I wore MC hammer pants instead

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I'm terrible at handguns. I'd be better chucking the thing at someone than shooting it. The colour is what I was getting at. It reminds me of the contractor 511 bullshit uniform the DoD used to try to make me wear .

I wore MC hammer pants instead
Ever since introduced Sig fans have been calling it doo doo brown. Unreal they only make this model in diarrhea color. This is the model that got the contract for our military a few years back, all in shit brown.