What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
That looks back-breaking.
I know because I've done it & broke my back.
i have a physics degree, so I can't let it be. I went out this morning to set it on the dolly with the hoist, and then wait for my dad and my brother to stop by. I shimmed it and tried a couple load distribution ideas, that's why you see the trans jack in the background. But once I had it perfectly, and I mean perfectly, balanced and distributed, it wasn't any harder to push than an office chair with a fat guy in it.

so I had to flex and move it, all by myself. :)

if the brake hadn't been locked up, it would have taken me about 20m to move it from A to B. Might not have even broken a sweat.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i have a physics degree, so I can't let it be. I went out this morning to set it on the dolly with the hoist, and then wait for my dad and my brother to stop by. I shimmed it and tried a couple load distribution ideas, that's why you see the trans jack in the background. But once I had it perfectly, and I mean perfectly, balanced and distributed, it wasn't any harder to push than an office chair with a fat guy in it.

so I had to flex and move it, all by myself. :)

if the brake hadn't been locked up, it would have taken me about 20m to move it from A to B. Might not have even broken a sweat.
I love problem solving thinking folks...real useful skills

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i grew up on a farm, before the internet, so....better find a way, 'cause you ain't gonna find an excuse
That will do it
I spent 15 years working in remote Oregon woods with all types and sizes of equipment so I had to acquire fix it/figure it out skills...they are so valuable to have IMO...they are getting rare in todays world
now I work in town only, but I use them every day for myself and to help others

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
my disposable capital is used to buy equities instead of guns but I do keep pepper-spray close at hand :D
I have been pepper sprayed and tazered(the hook in flesh kind) as part of training...not that it helps, that shit messes you up baaad...check the wind before firing

karasu

Jan 11, 2019
I have been pepper sprayed and tazered(the hook in flesh kind) as part of training...not that it helps, that shit messes you up baaad...check the wind before firing
I just read your post after I posted about considering the tazer addition. I certainly should look into this

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I've never been tased with the real person stoppers before, but a roommate in college bought a handheld taster at a gun show, and that thing paid for itself in entertainment. It was the type with the prongs. We'd do drinking games a d bong load games when we were coming to the end of a bottle or bag of weed. A shot for a shock, or a bong load for a shock. Surprisingly just about everyone was up for the challenge. Good times.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I've never been tased with the real person stoppers before, but a roommate in college bought a handheld taster at a gun show, and that thing paid for itself in entertainment. It was the type with the prongs. We'd do drinking games a d bong load games when we were coming to the end of a bottle or bag of weed. A shot for a shock, or a bong load for a shock. Surprisingly just about everyone was up for the challenge. Good times.
They are crazy...wasn't fun for me though
I did some security training when i used to work security on the Outdoor Mall here and we simulated taking weapons and whatnot
we pepper sprayed the hell out of each other a few times and tazed each other...I was one of two guys to volunteer to have the taser with hooks shot at me...other guys took the handheld tazing
right thru my shirt and into my skin...one got my nipple
looked just like this and I sounded like more of a bitch

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOKTp30AMpQ

Cops that were training us were laughing their asses off at the two of us that volunteered

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

loaded the Leaning Tower of Power in to the back of a 69 Dodge truck and sent it down the road.
kinda sad to see it go...but the guy who bought it is putting it to good use, so it's got a good home.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Are you aging or just making the distillate (white dog) at this time?

When it’s aged, and if you need anyone to sample the goods, I’m your man ;)
I'm just starting selecting my materials.

It took me a few years and tries to find my recipe and method.

I can rush it and have it ready quickly with a wood and cheesecloth method but I plan on having most of it in smaller custom barrels and actually give a 2 year wait before bottling.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Been working hard to put this big bastard together this weekend

Very cool.

I have not done a lot this winter due to some issues, but I when I can I like to visit a friend of mine who repairs sailboats at his shop.

Something I recommend to all is to take the time to go learn from a craftsman doing something you like. The skills you will learn can be invaluable and often the tradesman will love the help.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Stained my class project. You can only make cheap pine look so good lol! It can live on the deck it'll be an adequate chair for sitting around the fire pit.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I'm just starting selecting my materials.

It took me a few years and tries to find my recipe and method.

I can rush it and have it ready quickly with a wood and cheesecloth method but I plan on having most of it in smaller custom barrels and actually give a 2 year wait before bottling.
Cool stuff man. I’ll be curious to hear how it turns out. I started a thread on here just called “Bourbon”, feel free to post any pics or info in there ;). There’s a handful whiskey lovers here at TMMAC.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Cool stuff man. I’ll be curious to hear how it turns out. I started a thread on here just called “Bourbon”, feel free to post any pics or info in there ;). There’s a handful whiskey lovers here at TMMAC.
I had some in barrels and was going to wait longer but I had some financial issues this year and so I broke it out as Xmas presents where it was appropriate. I only got about a year in. This batch I want to have in the barrel for at least 2 years.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I had some in barrels and was going to wait longer but I had some financial issues this year and so I broke it out as Xmas presents where it was appropriate. I only got about a year in. This batch I want to have in the barrel for at least 2 years.
At least two years sounds like a good plan. I live in Texas, lots of distilleries have open up in the past decade or so. They claim that due to the warmer temperature and greater fluctuations, that 2-years of aging in Tx is equivalent to 4-5 years of aging in Kentucky. I don’t personally think that’s totally true. Some of the 2-year TX whiskey is still light in color and flavor. Making whiskey is a game of patience ;)

Here’s a link to the bourbon thread should you want to drop by and check it out
Lifestyle - Bourbon

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
At least two years sounds like a good plan. I live in Texas, lots of distilleries have open up in the past decade or so. They claim that due to the warmer temperature and greater fluctuations, that 2-years of aging in Tx is equivalent to 4-5 years of aging in Kentucky. I don’t personally think that’s totally true. Some of the 2-year TX whiskey is still light in color and flavor. Making whiskey is a game of patience ;)

Here’s a link to the bourbon thread should you want to drop by and check it out
Lifestyle - Bourbon
In Canada the extreme temp changes really pull and push the whisky in and out of the wood of the barrel. You may have to wait longer but the wait is worth it imo.

There is actually some really good info out there based on what alcohols work best for what locations based on the temperature fluctuations of the region.

There is so much you have to look at really. Everything from water source, to materials used, to how and where you store.

I agree though, I want to get 2 years out of this batch.