What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

This arrived today.

I’ve already fucked up one of the bits.
I broke both my 3/32" bits using a non-hammer drill to drill into concrete. Had to wait a few days for the new ones to arrive before I could finish drilling into the concrete

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Replaced all the sprinkler heads in the yard and fixed 2 underground leaks. Getting started on replacing the carpet in my daughters room with hardwood and painting the room.

M

member 3289

My wife received the office chair she ordered. She's WFH like me.

I put it together left-handed and with my eyes closed. Took me four and a half minutes.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My wife and I just came up with a great plan. We are going to make rabbit picnic tables. Will have a hole cut out in the middle for a lettuce plant to be in. Just ordered some Parris Island Romaine lettuce seeds. I'm a nerd.

We have a ton of rabbits though.

M

member 3289

I think so too. I'm going to seal this up nice and try to do a really clean, nice job on it. Way nicer than it needs to be.

I ordered my corn from here. I like Rural King, makes me feel like a farmer.
Squirrel Corn 12 LB
Does your blueprint include somewhere to put the corn?

I was thinking of drilling into the center of the "table" portion and putting a piece of wire hanger there to hold the corn cob

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Does your blueprint include somewhere to put the corn?

I was thinking of drilling into the center of the "table" portion and putting a piece of wire hanger there to hold the corn cob
No blue print, just kind of winging it. My plan is to have 2 3.5 inch screws coming up on either side of the table to hold 2 corn cobs. My table is about 8.25 inches long.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just dropped 121 dollars on pepper and tomato plants at the local farmers market...I support those peeps as much as possible

for 121 I got...

18 pepper plants(that will make 26 total we are growing this year), peppers with almost every meal for us

8 tomato plants(will make 11 total this year)

Tray of dill(canning and for salads)

1 zucchini plant

2 Homeade Salsas/Sauces(Cilantro salsa and a Mole)

1 dozen Duck Eggs

Not manly but it was quite a haul
I did move a ton of river Cobblestones for a creekbed project I am doing this morning

I also started another tray of sunflower seeds for micro greens

Making Beefalo tacos and burgers today...grabbed 2lbs beefalo

Last edited:

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Can anyone please direct me to a thread where clay pots were involved? I just bought a load of herb seeds I want to plant but wondering about the drainage/air flow etc. My question was, should I soak the clay pots before I get the drill out?

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Can anyone please direct me to a thread where clay pots were involved? I just bought a load of herb seeds I want to plant but wondering about the drainage/air flow etc. My question was, should I soak the clay pots before I get the drill out?
Soak for at least an hour minimum. Use masonry bits, start with a small bit and gradually work up. High speed low pressure. Put tape on top of where you're drilling.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No blue print, just kind of winging it. My plan is to have 2 3.5 inch screws coming up on either side of the table to hold 2 corn cobs. My table is about 8.25 inches long.
Wooden dowels would be a bit more aesthetically pleasing. You could drill holes into the core of the cobs and slip them onto the dowels