What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

Dug 8 ft and fixed at 6in water main. Poured salt on a slug with my son then we did a 45 minute workout. Free weights and treadmill. Now I'm done and taking a shower at 2:06 pm.

Next its grilling time

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Our yard wasn't draining well next to the garage. So I checked a few videos on installing a french drain.
Researched prices for renting a trencher, the various pieces and parts, etc...then I hired a Mexican crew
to knock it out in 3 hours, while I sipped a nicely chilled chardonnay.

Pretty much the epitome of manliness.

Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Our yard wasn't draining well next to the garage. So I checked a few videos on installing a french drain.
Researched prices for renting a trencher, the various pieces and parts, etc...then I hired a Mexican crew
to knock it out in 3 hours, while I sipped a nicely chilled chardonnay.

Pretty much the epitome of manliness.

Le Chat Noir
©
What'd that run you? How long was it? Thats on my list of things to do.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
What'd that run you? How long was it? Thats on my list of things to do.

I'm just fucking around, I have yet to do it, and wouldn't pay anyone because the parts are so cheap.

Based on the 30' I need to do.
Around $200 for parts, then another $150 for river gravel 4" above and below. $160 for the trencher for a day.

The rainy season here just leaves daily flooding and part of my driveway becomes a lake.

Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm just fucking around, I have yet to do it, and wouldn't pay anyone because the parts are so cheap.

Based on the 30' I need to do.
Around $200 for parts, then another $150 for river gravel 4" above and below. $160 for the trencher for a day.

The rainy season here just leaves daily flooding and part of my driveway becomes a lake.

Le Chat Noir
©
Thats not terrible. Another big project on my honey do list is an 8 foot high board on board fence around the entire backyard and side yard. Should be about 400 linear feet.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Dug 8 ft and fixed at 6in water main. Poured salt on a slug with my son then we did a 45 minute workout. Free weights and treadmill. Now I'm done and taking a shower at 2:06 pm.

Next its grilling time
How did you fix it?

4 90s?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
4 90s? Lol I would get fired immediately. I just used a length of pipe, coupler and a compression fitting. Sometimes I'll use a slip fix if it's in a shitty spot.
Haha
I didn't know what type of pipe and didn't know it was for your work.

Good times

I helped dig an 8 foot hole a few weeks back, did you have to make steps to get that deep?

I would only 4 90 on a lateral irrigation line if I didn't have other parts...and I would bury it quickly.

T

The Big Guy

I helped dig an 8 foot hole a few weeks back, did you have to make steps to get that deep?

I would only 4 90 on a lateral irrigation line if I didn't have other parts...and I would bury it quickly.
Yea a small one about halfway up. Next time I'll take pictures. I come across weird shit from the 70s and 80s. All types of old pipe and sometimes a shitty repair from 30 years ago with beer cans and scraps around the repair. Its amusing.

With the 4 90s if it's 60 psi or higher it will wear down the inside corners of the pipe. Nearly all the breaks I fix on either irrigation or drinking water are due to elbows and Ts wearing out the inside of the elbow. The little holes from the inside are smooth as polished stones. Water is awesome

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yea a small one about halfway up. Next time I'll take pictures. I come across weird shit from the 70s and 80s. All types of old pipe and sometimes a shitty repair from 30 years ago with beer cans and scraps around the repair. Its amusing.

With the 4 90s if it's 60 psi or higher it will wear down the inside corners of the pipe. Nearly all the breaks I fix on either irrigation or drinking water are due to elbows and Ts wearing out the inside of the elbow. The little holes from the inside are smooth as polished stones. Water is awesome
water is a beast no doubt

I used to run crews installing 4 inch 5 mile loops of mainline...seen all types of crazy shit that water and compressed air can do...One time we shot 40 feet of 2 inch like 250 feet like a rocket, could have easily killed somebody(some dude had not glued the pipe so it shot off like a bullet at high speed right next to a 4 lane freeway lol), we were pressure testing.

good times

T

The Big Guy

water is a beast no doubt

I used to run crews installing 4 inch 5 mile loops of mainline...seen all types of crazy shit that water and compressed air can do...One time we shot 40 feet of 2 inch like 250 feet like a rocket, could have easily killed somebody(some dude had not glued the pipe so it shot off like a bullet at high speed right next to a 4 lane freeway lol), we were pressure testing.

good times
Hell yea. I've seen different shit blow but not pipe that size definitely could have killed someone.

I seen a 2-1/2 line blow from a valve and the water hit a guy in the chest and knocked about 5 feet and soaked him. We laughed for hours

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
replaced front and rear anti-sway bars (Hellwig), steering stabilizer and rear shocks (Bilstein) on the motorhome.
I'm gonna pay the man to do the front shocks, I know 2 weekends of frustration when I see it.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Changing the oil and filter on my wife's truck and then rotating her tires.