What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
This wasnt today but from monday

This is baby wipes that clogged an entire sewer system and the level raised floating the baby wipes to the surface
View attachment 25648
I initially started filling a bucket but quickly transitioned to a city trash can
View attachment 25647
After clearing alot we called a truck to come drain the line so we could send a guy into the sewer to manually break the clog.
View attachment 25649
Dude yells "here it comes" and I hear a massive flow and he tries to climb the ladder out without the breaker bar. Sorry chief we need that breaker bar and he had to go back into a swirling shit whirlpool. He took it like a champ
You do underground utility work?

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Umm what?
I work around framers and they are constantly running over our underground utility work. Crushing valve boxes, hitting manhole covers and knocking over hydrants. It’s all commercial work and it’s part of the game. I see those fork lifts and I see crushed drain covers.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I work around framers and they are constantly running over our underground utility work. Crushing valve boxes, hitting manhole covers and knocking over hydrants. It’s all commercial work and it’s part of the game. I see those fork lifts and I see crushed drain covers.
Can't speak for them, but I know there's some ignorant fucks in the trade.
What is your trade, and how much structural framing have you hacked and slashed out to accommodate your work?!

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Can't speak for them, but I know there's some ignorant fucks in the trade.
What is your trade, and how much structural framing have you hacked and slashed out to accommodate your work?!
Underground utilities- Storm sewer, sanitary, water mains, fire and domestic water lines. Haven’t had to tear up too much framing if any. We’re usually out of there where usually out of the area when they come around. Our contact usually ends 5 feet from the building. I have soaked some of their shit flushing lines out. On accident of course.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Haha
I did a light pole, gas line, and a 6 " water main when I was green on the machine.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Haha
I did a light pole, gas line, and a 6 " water main when I was green on the machine.
You guys not believe in locates?
That shot happens though. I was working with a guy and he hit our own shit more than once lol. Nice guy but I hate doing shit more than once. He set his bucket down on my 4 foot level too. Shit happens

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You guys not believe in locates?
That shot happens though. I was working with a guy and he hit our own shit more than once lol. Nice guy but I hate doing shit more than once. He set his bucket down on my 4 foot level too. Shit happens
I locate the hell out of everything now...but I have a few thousand hours behind me...when I started I didn't even know what a locate was haha.

Back when I was doing all the damage I was green and thrown into the seat of some machinery owned by a crazy co-op/profit sharing construction company of wildlings . All my mistakes were made working for them in my first hundred or so hours of experience.

Nowadays I rarely make a mistake or damage anything unintentionally...I got da good skills.

I have seen some seriously fucked up mistakes in my time...I could write a book of WTF Truck and Equipment mistakes on job sites...As you say Shit Happens

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Underground utilities- Storm sewer, sanitary, water mains, fire and domestic water lines. Haven’t had to tear up too much framing if any. We’re usually out of there where usually out of the area when they come around. Our contact usually ends 5 feet from the building. I have soaked some of their shit flushing lines out. On accident of course.
I have respect for others and their work. A lot of folks don't share that attitude unfortunately.
If I fuck shit up I have no issue taking responsibility.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Is the tall foundation because of snow melt soaking ground?
Do they have basements there?

I don't know residential only commercial
Essentially for thermal resistance/frost and flash flooding. Keep in mind it still has to be brought up to grade and loamed.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Essentially for thermal resistance/frost and flash flooding. Keep in mind it still has to be brought up to grade and loamed.
Nice

A decent crawl space is always a good thing also...wish I had one
My crawl space is a nightmare

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nice

A decent crawl space is always a good thing also...wish I had one
My crawl space is a nightmare
Crawl space? Full on 8'-10' basements.
One model we build has 14' ceilings in half the basement. It's a 3 level split that is ignorant to frame and pays sweet fuck all

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Crawl space? Full on 8'-10' basements.
One model we build has 14' ceilings in half the basement. It's a 3 level split that is ignorant to frame and pays sweet fuck all
Ah, that sounds great
I thought it looked like some basement framing or something

I would love a basement here but you can't have them unless you are up on a hill
I live between a couple larger rivers and just above the 100 year floodplain level

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I have respect for others and their work. A lot of folks don't share that attitude unfortunately.
If I fuck shit up I have no issue taking responsibility.
On big jobs it’s understandable and part of the job. Sometimes we have shit everywhere and it’s hard to miss, especially for guys that haven’t been in the job site long, it can sneak up on ya. I’ve hit our stuff more than once myself. We’ve been in jobs where the framers had zero regard for other’s work though. They fucked all kinds of shit up, granted they got charged for it but it was almost like they had a wager on who could wreck the most stuff.