What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Made a little T-rex diorama for my godson. Basswood frame is a piece of shit, I cut it to size with a box cutter and stained it with coffee. :smile: But it'll do, he won't mind that the base frame took 10 minutes with whatever random shit I had at hand.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Dinosaur diorama. Just made in a afternoon with some random shit I had lying around. Gonna put another layer of fake water on the creek (creek shows up better IRL).

20211127_191121.jpg

??

Rambla

Posting Machine
Nov 17, 2015
Ate Ethiopian pussy and came drunk to work.

Now i can be racist for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
20211212_114433.jpg
20211215_172540.jpg

haven't spent this much time cleaning and polishing a tranny since Wild @Wild's birthday party

FWIW - that's a 300lb trans hanging off the block.

I mounted it there by myself

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Tell me more about that engine and giant tranny

Looking good
it's a 5.7L GenIII Hemi. It came out of a cop car so it has a factory unlocked PCM and factory oil cooler. I had Basko Racing Engines do the short block (I ain't got that kind of time for measuring), the heads are a mild port/polish with Crower racing springs and valves with tri-lock retainers. The cam is custom grind from MyBois at Schneider Racing Cams in CA. Look 'em up, they're studs. Milodon oil pan to clear the rack-n-pinion front suspension I'm installing. I also picked up some valve covers from Mr.Gasket (same as the Holley but without the stupid "Holley" emboss), they're going to powder coat this week with the TTI (another fine SoCal company) long-tube headers.

The trans is out of the same cop car, factory trans cooler and HD solenoid. It's a NAG1, the issue is that these modern trans require 4 independent wheel speed sensors in order to manage shifting. The white-trash work-around from HotWire is to put a transducer on the drive line and convert it to a wheel speed based on the gear selection, and then split it 4 ways to send to the trans.

Hillbilly Power (tm) chops the IRS from the cop Charger and welds that bad motherfucker under the Duster, and puts wheel speed sensor on the IFS, thereby enabling factory shifting AND....wait for it...Anti-Lock Braking.

a factory 360/727TF setup in the Duster is 585 lbs of engine, 150 lbs of trans. The GenIII is 485 lbs of engine, 300 lbs of trans. I did my physics-math and that moves the center of gravity 2.11" BACK. That's gold for me, because I want to move the engine 2" forward so that the power brake booster on the ABS master cylinder will clear. Then I'm replacing the 8" dual-diaphragm booster out of the Charger with a 9" single-diaphragm booster out of a Sebring/Avenger. Otherwise, the Charger's booster hits the valve cover. But that double booster is for a 4500lb Charger, and the Duster will barely top 3200lbs - which is actually lighter than the Sebring/Avenger.

Thee trans is also "fatter" all the way back, so moving the bellhousing forward will give more room for the gas pedal and...wait for it...
the motherfucking COLUMN SHIFTER (which you can only get in a cop car) I've got a guy out in MA who does aftermarket seats, and we're looking to make a 60/40 bench that looks like a regular 1974 bench seat.

what else would you like to know?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Rambo John J @Sound System

here's a 360/727TF setup with similar headers.

it's a 3 speed trans, so it necks way down after the bellhousing, compared to the one I have.

you can also see a "normal" engine cradle/start-up stand in the picture.

the cradle I have from MotorHead Technologies is two pieces, and everything sits inside width of the heads...that will let me roll the engine/trans assembly around in the engine bay so I can figure out exactly how far forward/back I want it.

i put the project on the shelf when the pandemic hit, bought the RV and did that for a year. Now I'm back on this. :)
I'll update the project car thread when I move the motor mounts and have the air conditioning, PS, and ABS lines...hoping a friend who does car AC can do all of that "high-pressure" plumbing

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
it's a 5.7L GenIII Hemi. It came out of a cop car so it has a factory unlocked PCM and factory oil cooler. I had Basko Racing Engines do the short block (I ain't got that kind of time for measuring), the heads are a mild port/polish with Crower racing springs and valves with tri-lock retainers. The cam is custom grind from MyBois at Schneider Racing Cams in CA. Look 'em up, they're studs. Milodon oil pan to clear the rack-n-pinion front suspension I'm installing. I also picked up some valve covers from Mr.Gasket (same as the Holley but without the stupid "Holley" emboss), they're going to powder coat this week with the TTI (another fine SoCal company) long-tube headers.

The trans is out of the same cop car, factory trans cooler and HD solenoid. It's a NAG1, the issue is that these modern trans require 4 independent wheel speed sensors in order to manage shifting. The white-trash work-around from HotWire is to put a transducer on the drive line and convert it to a wheel speed based on the gear selection, and then split it 4 ways to send to the trans.

Hillbilly Power (tm) chops the IRS from the cop Charger and welds that bad motherfucker under the Duster, and puts wheel speed sensor on the IFS, thereby enabling factory shifting AND....wait for it...Anti-Lock Braking.

a factory 360/727TF setup in the Duster is 585 lbs of engine, 150 lbs of trans. The GenIII is 485 lbs of engine, 300 lbs of trans. I did my physics-math and that moves the center of gravity 2.11" BACK. That's gold for me, because I want to move the engine 2" forward so that the power brake booster on the ABS master cylinder will clear. Then I'm replacing the 8" dual-diaphragm booster out of the Charger with a 9" single-diaphragm booster out of a Sebring/Avenger. Otherwise, the Charger's booster hits the valve cover. But that double booster is for a 4500lb Charger, and the Duster will barely top 3200lbs - which is actually lighter than the Sebring/Avenger.

Thee trans is also "fatter" all the way back, so moving the bellhousing forward will give more room for the gas pedal and...wait for it...
the motherfucking COLUMN SHIFTER (which you can only get in a cop car) I've got a guy out in MA who does aftermarket seats, and we're looking to make a 60/40 bench that looks like a regular 1974 bench seat.

That is amazing.
Thanks.

Looking forward to following the progress

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021

Shit, that things got nothin’ on the badass 108hp 170” I6 in the 66 Bronco I’m building for my son lol
26539D06-B3CD-4508-97DC-8D09989DEC6F.jpeg

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Shit, that things got nothin’ on the badass 108hp 170” I6 in the 66 Bronco I’m building for my son lol
View attachment 55134
the Duster came with a Leaning Tower of Power, it was CHERRY. they did an undercoat on it, guessing at the dealership when it was new. But nobody undercoats in AZ, somebody got roped on that option. Once I cleaned off the coating, the engine was a beautiful baby blue. Deep in my soul I wanted to open up the heads and stick a turbo on it...but a guy offered me stupid money for it because it was all original and he had a truck he was restoring.

The Duster itself came from swapping some heads that I built for a race motor back in 1995. But I joined the military and they sat in my dad's garage for 20-some years. I actually had a "high-nickel" block and an original forged-steel crankshaft from factory race team. My dad sold the block when he moved in 2015, I told him he could because who wants to move a fucking block, and I could get racing block from Mopar now....but then decided to give the crank to the guy for free.

"WTF, DAD!!! I said you could sell the block. Not the crankshaft!"

"well, it didn't even have any markings on it"

"yeah Dad, why do you think that is....because it was a factory race part. It was worth more than the heads and the block combined."

"oh."

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
bought myself a Massca Pro M2 Aluminum Pocket Hole Jig Kit.

goddamn I feel my testosterone rising just typing that.
i'll be drenched in pheromones once I figure out how to use it.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Tiered planters/garden beds. House was a rental, before us, so the yard has been fairly neglected.

View: https://streamable.com/ktujhi
Dude, that looks awesome. Our 3 garden boxes are falling apart. I used those cheap landscape timber’s and stacked the 3 high, and they only lasted a few years.

I’m in the process of dismantling them, but I need to come up with something better. I really dig the way you have that all split up into different sections.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Destroyed a one pound cheeseburger in Clare County, Michigan yesterday.
Didn’t take a picture because I’m a man of my word.