What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
finally finished this nightmare boat project . worked 41 hours in the last 3 days to get it done . the entire project is usually 8 weeks from the start of the hull till it rolls out the runway. we did it in 8 days

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Now its wrapped up and on a trailer to the vancouver boat show and im taking a 3 day weekend

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm not a fan of the stink pots but that looks like you did a heck of a job in the time frame you had.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
no idea. probably the ladies in the front office. definitely not us monkeys in the back lol
I didnt know you were a boat builder. Amazing work! Quick question for you: I towed our boat with the cover on it and did not realize that the straps were rubbing on the clear coat. I got the black streaks to come off bug I had to go so deep that it took some of the clear coat off and might have faded a bit of the color. I notice even the small dings so how can I fix this? Can I just wax it a few times or is it time to call the pros?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I didnt know you were a boat builder. Amazing work! Quick question for you: I towed our boat with the cover on it and did not realize that the straps were rubbing on the clear coat. I got the black streaks to come off bug I had to go so deep that it took some of the clear coat off and might have faded a bit of the color. I notice even the small dings so how can I fix this? Can I just wax it a few times or is it time to call the pros?
Is their actual fiberglass showing thru the gel coat or is it just scratches and dings? Most things can be fixed by sanding with 800/1200 sandpaper and buffing with a cut polish

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Is their actual fiberglass showing thru the gel coat or is it just scratches and dings? Most things can be fixed by sanding with 800/1200 sandpaper and buffing with a cut polish
The color just looks duller in those spots than the rest. No fiberglass showing and still has the color in place.

karasu

Jan 11, 2019
I walked outside in the weather instead of driving to a climate controlled fitness center to walk on a treadmill

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
These learning towers have become all the rage. I really need a shop, working out of the basement is limiting I really have to stay organized.

Its douglas fir finished with danish oil. With these extreme low temps we've been getting it's a frustrating process trying to keep the lumber from splitting, drilling pocket holes into 1x4.

I have orders for another half dozen. Goodbye free time!

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
These learning towers have become all the rage. I really need a shop, working out of the basement is limiting I really have to stay organized.

Its douglas fir finished with danish oil. With these extreme low temps we've been getting it's a frustrating process trying to keep the lumber from splitting, drilling pocket holes into 1x4.

I have orders for another half dozen. Goodbye free time!

I have a really slick one, thought about patterning it and giving it to my dad to bust out copies.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I made someone younger than me do important work. This is called delegating. Also, I helped build his confidence as a young engineer.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Got out of a visit to the in-laws because wife wanted me to fix the slow drain in the bathroom sink. I told her it would probably take me a couple hours.

She left. I took the gooseneck apart and cleaned out all her hair that had gunked it up. From start to finish I had it done in 10 minutes - which is about what I figured.

So now I'm enjoying a Truth and watching sports. The Cincy/UCONN basketball game is at half so now I'm watching golf.

By the way, I'm watching it on a TV that's sitting on a corner stand that I built out of walnut. Also in this pic are the fluted jambs I routed and the crown I hung - but I did that shit a long time ago.

I am all that is man.

karasu

Jan 11, 2019
I added some Irish Cream to "Man-Up" my tea this morning to enjoy with my chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and book reading :D

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Got out of a visit to the in-laws because wife wanted me to fix the slow drain in the bathroom sink. I told her it would probably take me a couple hours.

She left. I took the gooseneck apart and cleaned out all her hair that had gunked it up. From start to finish I had it done in 10 minutes - which is about what I figured.

So now I'm enjoying a Truth and watching sports. The Cincy/UCONN basketball game is at half so now I'm watching golf.

By the way, I'm watching it on a TV that's sitting on a corner stand that I built out of walnut. Also in this pic are the fluted jambs I routed and the crown I hung - but I did that shit a long time ago.

I am all that is man.
Wearing your shoes in the house?

Heathen.