Lifestyle Whatcha cooking?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
View attachment 117045

View attachment 117046

I've done this basic recipe in variations for a while, but this was the "magic" ingredient that made it different. About $2 a bottle at a local market. I bought a variety of flavors from this brand and tried them out on tacos. This one had a really unique flavor that wasn't great raw, but I knew it would shine in a marinade.
Nice. Most of those negra or salsa ingles style sauces are meant for marinades. Props.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Marinades should be home made, need acid, oil and heat, will tenderize and flavor the shittiest piece of meat overnight. We use sour mix, oil, red pepper flakes, chipolte tabasco and garlic powder. 50/50 on acid/oil mix and the rest is to taste and heat level tolerance.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
Exactly. Look at the back side of the store bought marinade bottle and you will find some truly vile shit.

Sometimes, I'll do a simple lime, avocado oil, and whatever rub I deem appropriate for the protein.

You wanna get fancy? Blend an onion, a stick of achiote, garlic and squeeze a whole orange and lime into the blender. A little water to dissolve. Pulse that shit smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix and pour into the ziplock full of quarter legs. You can go up to 2 days on the marinade but overnight works.

Off the bone chicken. Takes on mesquite smoke, beautifully champ.

Last edited:

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Exactly. Look at the back side of the store bought marinade bottle and you will find some truly vile shit.

Sometimes, I'll do a simple lime, avocado oil, and whatever rub I deem appropriate for the protein.

You wanna get fancy? Blend an onion, a stick of achiote, garlic and squeeze a whole orange and lime into the blender. A little water to dissolve. Pulse that shit smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix and pour into the ziplock full of quarter legs. You can go up to 2 days on the marinade but overnight works.

Off the bone chicken. Takes on mesquite smoke, beautifully champ.
One of my secrets sometimes for ribs is soaking them in Dr Pepper over night, acid and sugar for 12 plus hours. I use the drained off DP to make a BBQ sauce. That shit is money.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Make sure to add lime and lemon juice so it doesn't turn brown and disgusting like pea soup
I did. I also put some pits in it, plus a layer of seran wrap directly on top of the guac and then one over the bowl. Lasts nice and green for about 5-6 days like that.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
Those are some mighty fine cock tacos but fajitas they are not. The burger is all bun and the worst bun of all so I give it an octohomer. Almost had it, big guy. Almost.

Taste the fun not the bun!(TM)

Mutant

Citizen of the Infernal Empire
Oct 20, 2015
Those are some mighty fine cock tacos but fajitas they are not. The burger is all bun and the worst bun of all so I give it an octohomer. Almost had it, big guy. Almost.

Taste the fun not the bun!(TM)
Extra mayo and brioche for you!