Lifestyle Whatcha cooking?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jasmine rice, diced onion, broccoli, chicken tossed in Tapatío hot sauce and touch of soy sauce.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Chili powder and cumin are pretty essential to "Mexican" style beef dishes a la tacos, Mexican rice, or chili
I have both, I used dried chilie flakes which is probably not very authentic I know but ill use powder next time and cummin, Ive got that shit somewhere in my spice tray.

Our entire range of Mexican stuff here is this "Old El Passo" which is no doubt a retarded Aussie fake ass made in China brand that doesnt resemble what you guys are getting.

Im thinking soft shell tacos are just flour, water and salt so ill make my own next time.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I have both, I used dried chilie flakes which is probably not very authentic I know but ill use powder next time and cummin, Ive got that shit somewhere in my spice tray.

Our entire range of Mexican stuff here is this "Old El Passo" which is no doubt a retarded Aussie fake ass made in China brand that doesnt resemble what you guys are getting.

Im thinking soft shell tacos are just flour, water and salt so ill make my own next time.
Next time you make chilli, after it's had a few hours simmering to get the flavours to blend together put some in a bowl and throw some shredded cheese on top, then broil it in the oven till melted. Serve with garlic bread and you're golden.

Chilli (along with pasta sauce and stew) is one of the few foods that can taste even better the next day.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Okay payback time, what do you guys want me to walk you through out of the following?

- Polynesian fish soup in coconut milk? - very easy/quick
- Fijian Chicken curry - moderate/30-40 mins
- Mashed eggplant with garlic, cilantro, chilies served with flat bread - easy peasy/quick
- Lamb Stew - easy/ 1-2 hours
- Tricked up ramen - easy/quick (dont pick this shit)
- Oxtail soup - easy to moderate/ two hours
- Fijian breakfast omelette

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Okay payback time, what do you guys want me to walk you through out of the following?

- Polynesian fish soup in coconut milk? - very easy/quick
- Fijian Chicken curry - moderate/30-40 mins
- Mashed eggplant with garlic, cilantro, chilies served with flat bread - easy peasy/quick
- Lamb Stew - easy/ 1-2 hours
- Tricked up ramen - easy/quick (dont pick this shit)
- Oxtail soup - easy to moderate/ two hours
- Fijian breakfast omelette
Those all sound good. I'll think about it and get back to you.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Next time you make chilli, after it's had a few hours simmering to get the flavours to blend together put some in a bowl and throw some shredded cheese on top, then broil it in the oven till melted. Serve with garlic bread and you're golden.
I think I just came...

Chilli (along with pasta sauce and stew) is one of the few foods that can taste even better the next day.
Yeah man, Im having a bowl now for brunch . It just struck me that this is a good dish to sneak veggies in for the kids, what are the staple chili veggies? just whatever?

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I think I just came...

Yeah man, Im having a bowl now for brunch . It just struck me that this is a good dish to sneak veggies in for the kids, what are the staple chili veggies? just whatever?
Red / green / yellow peppers, corn, tomatoes (I have at least 6 in the sauce), kidney beans, Pinto beans, lima beans, I've put chick peas in there once or twice too, okra, green / white / yellow / red onions, zucchini, carrots, celery.

I think that covers everything I've ever used.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

Chili powder has a bunch of spices in it like paprika and shit, so chili flakes, while a good addition, won't give you the same effect.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

And garnish with green onion.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
made 3 gallons of Ginger Lemon Honey juice

hand squeezed the first two
add water and man you got the devil in a glass

good in drinks and good for health

8 day shelf life for fresh squeezed ginger...it is alive

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Chili powder has a bunch of spices in it like paprika and shit, so chili flakes, while a good addition, won't give you the same effect.

I think thats different here, chili powder = ground dried chilies in a dust like consistency. I saw Mexican 5 spice at the store this morning maybe Ill grab that next time

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think I just came...

whatever they eat
kids eat odd flavor combos just go off the favorites

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I didn't cook nothin.

Currently eating a shrimp cerviche tho. Pretty good

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
These ones I was lazy and bought but I have one of those vegetti things and use it regularly.
About 15 years ago I was traneing at Lana MT in Chang Mai. There was this legit Russian mafia dude who lived there cause he was on the run, anyway he used to just walk into the kitchen of the restaurant thaty kinda sorta attached to the gym and make his own food lol

One day he made these Uzbek hand made udon noodles in a soup for me, apparently his grandma taught him. The difference between that and store bought cant be described huh?