Lifestyle Whatcha cooking?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I’ve had the super berry and liked it. I tried the clean calm one today and it reminds me very much of ginger ale. The turmeric ginger was good but has almost a medicine taste to it, I’d still get it again though.

Here’s the box I got.
Ya I saw that box...I am anti peppermint and haven't tried ginger tumeric.....just coming around to ginger the last 18 months since I went to Big Island Hawaii and gingered out

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Definitely think this'll be my new method. Perfectly pink throughout, still a great sear, and it was more tender than if I seared it first.

Also bonus points because it wasn't boiled.
I'm still working on it...I used flat Iron and it was skinny so tough to regulate pink insides, although the crusty tips tasted like gold jerry.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I'm still working on it...I used flat Iron and it was skinny so tough to regulate pink insides, although the crusty tips tasted like gold jerry.
Those thinner steaks I've cooked to long more than once. Tonight in the oven I was on it like a hawk with a meat thermometer though

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Bacon Cesar salad with parm, gluten free whole wheat noodles and sausage, hamburger, mushroom, onion, tomato sauce made in my instant pot.

Sauce was a little watery but tasted great so I’ll just adjust my recipe when I cook it next. The big bonus was it took a third of the time it normally takes me to make sauce with only one pot to clean instead of a bunch.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve been saving rotisserie chicken carcasses for a bit and had 3 in the freezer so I tossed them in the instant pot for an hour with a couple cups of water and made soup stock.

After they were done I stripped all the bits of meat from the bones and put the meat and the stock back into the pot for an hour with corn, carrots, peas, half a sweet onion, an apple, a whole head of garlic and a pinch of cumin, salt and pepper.

It came out fantastic and only cost me some time and 2 or 3 bucks in fruits and vegetables.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Teriyaki stir-fry on brown rice.
Portabella shrooms, broccORI, sweet peppers, almonds, ginger, garlic, celery, green pepper....that...that's about it

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C-QlPb3J74

time 6:30
Paul Stamets is the #1 Mycologist in the World and far ahead on both his predictions and knowledge
He says button and Portabella mushrooms are a no no for consumption(sadly they are the biggest industry and the ones available mostly in stores)
Just had to share this cause I want you guys to be in the know....He can't really come out and say it much publicly because it would threaten a billion dollar mushroom industry and likely his life.
sparkuri @sparkuri
Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony

Bumms me out but oh well...knowledge is power

I have access to a wider range of shrooms than just those two...hope you guys do also.

This info breaks my heart....I used to eat tons of raw mushrooms...oh well

Last edited:

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C-QlPb3J74

time 6:30
Paul Stamets is the #1 Mycologist in the World and far ahead on both his predictions and knowledge
He says button and Portabella mushrooms are a no no for consumption(sadly they are the biggest industry and the ones available mostly in stores)
Just had to share this cause I want you guys to be in the know....He can't really come out and say it much publicly because it would threaten a billion dollar mushroom industry and likely his life.
sparkuri @sparkuri
Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony

Bumms me out but oh well...knowledge is power

I have access to a wider range of shrooms than just those two...hope you guys do also.

This info breaks my heart....I used to eat tons of raw mushrooms...oh well

Thanks boss, I'll toss these mothersuckers immediately.
There's a gawtdamn conspiracy everywhere.
So many mushrooms naturally grow in my neck of the woods it's insane.
It's got to be the mushroom capital of the world, but propaganda Has everyone thinking that most are poisonous and never to touch them, all about the research. Now I know my calling in life is to become a mushroomologist.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Thanks boss, I'll toss these mothersuckers immediately.
There's a gawtdamn conspiracy everywhere.
So many mushrooms naturally grow in my neck of the woods it's insane.
It's got to be the mushroom capital of the world, but propaganda Has everyone thinking that most are poisonous and never to touch them, all about the research. Now I know my calling in life is to become a mushroomologist.
LOL can't tell if your serious....I wish I didn't believe Paul Stamets but after listening to him I find him absolutely credible and legit....I ate so many raw mushrooms of all types until a few months back at age 40(I do have a few small lumps under my skin that are like roid injection sites)....now I am eating the types he approves only.

He says those two have mutigens that create tumors...and quotes some studies that show that effect in Rats.

Bummer but just felt like letting you guys know what I had "learned"

On the JRE he literally would not answer anything about portabella mushrooms, and declined to comment on them for fear of his life.

great podcast if you want to gauge how credible you find him to be...and he will tell you which ones to consume and their benefits.

Paul is also known as the "man who could bring down monsanto", and also has figured out a way to save the dwindling Bee Population via mycology/mushroomologist type stuff

take care bro

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
LOL can't tell if your serious....I wish I didn't believe Paul Stamets but after listening to him I find him absolutely credible and legit....I ate so many raw mushrooms of all types until a few months back at age 40(I do have a few small lumps under my skin that are like roid injection sites)....now I am eating the types he approves only.

He says those two have mutigens that create tumors...and quotes some studies that show that effect in Rats.

Bummer but just felt like letting you guys know what I had "learned"

On the JRE he literally would not answer anything about portabella mushrooms, and declined to comment on them for fear of his life.

great podcast if you want to gauge how credible you find him to be...and he will tell you which ones to consume and their benefits.

Paul is also known as the "man who could bring down monsanto", and also has figured out a way to save the dwindling Bee Population via mycology/mushroomologist type stuff

take care bro
It's ok, I'm hard to read even in person.
No, this was very informative.
I tend to lean toward every industry being in "green-lit" to kill us, starting with the things we need; food, water, air.
I will research this.
You saved my life Rambo John J @Rambo John J , you not expendaboe.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Left over chilli with garlic bread and an egg.
It was pretty spicy yesterday but got substantially hotter over night.

I like it when your food makes you sweat.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Mesquite flat iron steak, Asparagus , fingerlings in olive oil/montreal steak, onions&mushrooms sauteed in butter & Worcestershire.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

That's just filthy, pathetic, stupid crazy, totally retarded, why do I do this to myself? I love it.